PDA

View Full Version : FOB doesnt work, beeping as if the key was in the ignition

majic
07-03-2005, 05:34 PM
i remove the key from the ignition and i turn my lights to the off position. i open the door and i get the \\\"beep beeep, your key is in the ignition or your lights are still on\\\" noise.. i close the door and try to use the FOB to lock the car from the outside - nada (i guess the car thinks the key is in the ignition)

I put the key back in wiggle it around take it out - still beeps.. i do it a few more times and it works - beeping stops :sarc

another time this happened when i parked and locked the car using the FOB, everything was ok. a few hours later i came back and i was unable to open it with the FOB. I used the key and as soon as i opened the door i heard \\\"beeep beeep beeep.. lights on or key in ignition beeps\\\"

this has happened maybe 5-6 times already in the past 2 weeks or so.. anyone else in a similar situation? i wonder if the HEAT has ANYTHING to do with it. seems like a fault in the ignition.. it seems more mechanical than electrical since it only happens sometimes but besides the occasional wiggle there\\\'s no mechanical input from me (eg. i don\\\'t hit/shake the steering column/ignition)

I looked through the TSBs and found nothing.. anyone else with this problem?? thx for the input..

FYI: no CELs, electrical work (horns, HIDs, sills) has been done at least 2 weeks prior too all of this happening - it SEEMS to happen on the HOT days (last 2 weeks or so)

majic
07-03-2005, 05:47 PM
lol.. i don\'t think i majoogled enough..

for those who experience this problem - click (http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=18501.msg)

just one more thing to add to what the dealer will have to fix.. :)

bottom line: new ignition switch is needed.

david3
07-04-2005, 09:45 PM
Ouch. That sucks.

Newlook
07-04-2005, 10:51 PM
Imagine you\'re late for the train or work, and you have to wiggle the damn ignition in order to lock the car, lol....

majic
07-05-2005, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by Newlook

Imagine you\'re late for the train or work, and you have to wiggle the damn ignition in order to lock the car, lol....

that\'s exactly what was pissing me off.. in a rush - BEEP BEEEP BEEEP :sarc

malam
08-22-2006, 07:34 PM
Old Post - same problem:

I had my ignition switch changed and it took two weeks of use to get the same problem back. Is the ignition switch a mechanical or electronic switch ? It doesn\'t have a chip in it does it ? I\'ll have the problem looked after again soon, but Iam trying to undestand what is happening.

:sarc

majic
08-22-2006, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by malam

Old Post - same problem:

I had my ignition switch changed and it took two weeks of use to get the same problem back. Is the ignition switch a mechanical or electronic switch ? It doesn\'t have a chip in it does it ? I\'ll have the problem looked after again soon, but Iam trying to undestand what is happening.

:sarc

it\'s possible that they gave you a faulty replacement.. same thing happened to me.. went to a different dealer the second timeand everything is hunky dory..

malam
08-22-2006, 10:30 PM
Thanks Majic.

Skarbro
08-23-2006, 08:55 AM
FYI, there is a TSB for this problem:

Make : MAZDA Model : MAZDA3 Year : 2006
Manufacturer : MAZDA MOTOR CORP
Service Bulletin Num : 01012006 Date of Bulletin: JAN 01, 2006
NHTSA Item Number: 10018887
Component: EQUIPMENT:ELECTRICAL
Summary: