PDA

View Full Version : Service At Morningside Mazda - Is this normal

JMAK74
07-09-2005, 03:05 PM
Hello,

I just got my car its third 4 month service done today (July 9). I was at the dealership for 3 hours (I made an appointment on Wednesday for 9:30 in the morning today)! Is this normal (I know we have some guys that work at other dealerships here - please comment if you get a chance)? Does anyone have experiences to share about Morningside Mazda? Here\'s how it went:

- made appointment Wednesday for 9:30am July 9
- get there at 9:25am - customer service guy says - \"should be 1.5 hours\" (I asked them to anti-seeze the tires - see my thread on stuck tire, check about rough idling and check clutch and shifter)
- customer service guy asks if I want to be dropped of and then picked up - figure no as, it\'s only a 1.5/2 hour wait - I could read the paper make some calls, relax.
- 10:30ish - decide to step out for a smoke and see if I can watch them work on car from shop door - what do I see, my car is still parked where I first pulled in - hasn\'t gone in garage. People that have come in after me have already left (start asking myself, what\'s the point in making an appointment)
- ask service guy about this - \'bit of a delay\' it\'ll go in soon, tells me that he says 1.5 hours as a buffer, should take less then that once in.
- 10:50am - step out for another smoke - see customer service guy drive my car in
- more people that have come in after me have left!!
- ask again, told there a line up, blah blah - notice car is still sitting there with no one working on it
- 12:45pm - customer service guys gets me - car is ready, delay because of long cue for washing the cars - get car and leave (annoyed at that) - and get this - the wash job was not better than the marks left by the rain last night (okay you don\'t \'pay\' for the wash, but if it\'s gonna look like chunder, I\'ll do it my self) and there\'s some oil/grease (??) prints left by the mechanic on the car and theres white dust on the steering wheel, shifter and handbrake.

Now granted, maybe I should have started up at 10:30 about this, but would that have gotten my car done sooner? Probably, but then again, they might just say \"we\'re sorry, there\'s been some hold ups due to blah blah blah\"

This happend to me the last time I went there for service - granted I basically called and said I\'d be there, but in this case - what was the point of calling in for an appointment - the way I see it, if I just showed up today, proabably would have been out of there by 10:30.

When I came in to buy my three from Morningside, the service was great (went to Gyro and was not impressed at all). The first time I brought the car in for service, service was great and on time -it looked like this guy Ceasar was manager, and when I brought the car in the second time for service, he was no longer there and that was the first time I expereinced a delay and now this one.

I didn\'t see anything about Morningside Mazda here - read a lot about Markham though.

I am seriously considering changing to Avante (read a lot of good things about that dealership and it\'s service department here) - it\'s further away, but I\'ll be happier with the service (I hope). I\'m sending a letter in to Mazda Canada about this, along with pics of the white dust and oil on the body.

Sorry for the long rant.

JK

billyfo
07-09-2005, 05:26 PM
if it is normal services plus some checkup, wouldn\'t take 3 hrs that long when you had appointment made in advance. but service manager will have tons of excuses to tell you why:(

Jeff-TheBiz
07-09-2005, 05:46 PM
Don\'t forget to say Hi to me when you come to Avante. :)

See you in 4 months. ;)

Illmatic
07-09-2005, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by JMAK74

Hello,

I just got my car its third 4 month service done today (July 9). I was at the dealership for 3 hours (I made an appointment on Wednesday for 9:30 in the morning today)! Is this normal (I know we have some guys that work at other dealerships here - please comment if you get a chance)? Does anyone have experiences to share about Morningside Mazda? Here\'s how it went:

- made appointment Wednesday for 9:30am July 9
- get there at 9:25am - customer service guy says - \"should be 1.5 hours\" (I asked them to anti-seeze the tires - see my thread on stuck tire, check about rough idling and check clutch and shifter)
- customer service guy asks if I want to be dropped of and then picked up - figure no as, it\'s only a 1.5/2 hour wait - I could read the paper make some calls, relax.
- 10:30ish - decide to step out for a smoke and see if I can watch them work on car from shop door - what do I see, my car is still parked where I first pulled in - hasn\'t gone in garage. People that have come in after me have already left (start asking myself, what\'s the point in making an appointment)
- ask service guy about this - \'bit of a delay\' it\'ll go in soon, tells me that he says 1.5 hours as a buffer, should take less then that once in.
- 10:50am - step out for another smoke - see customer service guy drive my car in
- more people that have come in after me have left!!
- ask again, told there a line up, blah blah - notice car is still sitting there with no one working on it
- 12:45pm - customer service guys gets me - car is ready, delay because of long cue for washing the cars - get car and leave (annoyed at that) - and get this - the wash job was not better than the marks left by the rain last night (okay you don\'t \'pay\' for the wash, but if it\'s gonna look like chunder, I\'ll do it my self) and there\'s some oil/grease (??) prints left by the mechanic on the car and theres white dust on the steering wheel, shifter and handbrake.

Now granted, maybe I should have started up at 10:30 about this, but would that have gotten my car done sooner? Probably, but then again, they might just say \"we\'re sorry, there\'s been some hold ups due to blah blah blah\"

This happend to me the last time I went there for service - granted I basically called and said I\'d be there, but in this case - what was the point of calling in for an appointment - the way I see it, if I just showed up today, proabably would have been out of there by 10:30.

When I came in to buy my three from Morningside, the service was great (went to Gyro and was not impressed at all). The first time I brought the car in for service, service was great and on time -it looked like this guy Ceasar was manager, and when I brought the car in the second time for service, he was no longer there and that was the first time I expereinced a delay and now this one.

I didn\'t see anything about Morningside Mazda here - read a lot about Markham though.

I am seriously considering changing to Avante (read a lot of good things about that dealership and it\'s service department here) - it\'s further away, but I\'ll be happier with the service (I hope). I\'m sending a letter in to Mazda Canada about this, along with pics of the white dust and oil on the body.

Sorry for the long rant.

JK

I\'ve been taking my 3 to Morningside Mazda since I got it. I have to admit that their service isn\'t that great and most likely the only reason I haven\'t switched is becuase I\'m too lazy and they are very close to home! I\'ve asked them to look at certain things and never received any comment about it when I was picking up the car. Not even a mention on the work order! Even my last service took way to long. They told me I\'d be in and out in 1 hr and I was there for like 2-3 sitting in that \"waiting room\". I remember Ceasar being there before but it looks like he\'s no longer there!

Should I switch to Avante? Probably. I pass the dealership on the way home all the time! Maybe I\'ll finally get off my butt and check them out the next time I\'m due for service (42,000K is coming up in the next few weeks)!

Candyman
07-10-2005, 12:54 AM
I had a bad experience in buying my car from Morningside. I have no plans on bringing in my car to them for service. I negotiated a price, but what I signed was not what I agreed to. I spoke with the salesman Sherman & he said he would look into it. I called him three times & even went in 4 days before picking up my car. He said we can take care of it the day I pick up the car. When I get there, he said no ones around & I should have come earlier.(I was there 4 days ago.) I told him that, he just sat there & stared at me. I told him I wanted my deposit back, he said it\'s too late. They already registered the car in my name. I was finally able to speak to another manager, he was able to finally drop the price after an hour. Then they screwed me on the extended warranty. When I was getting approved for leasing, the Business Manager said it\'s better to get approved for it first, I can always cancel it after. Otherwise, if I decide to take it later, they need to get me re-approved for the higher amount. When I picked up the car, the manager said he doesn\'t know if it was removed or not. I could only get the car that day with the warranty. If not, I had to come back another day when the Business Manager was there. They are all lying scum there.

Jeff-TheBiz
07-10-2005, 01:28 PM
Candyman,
If you really want to cancel your warranty you can. Just call the phone number on the application.

I must tell you that the warranty is a really smart purchase, but you should not have been forced to take it.

skunk2
07-11-2005, 12:25 PM
I had almost the same experience with Morningside Mazda.
Made an appointment on a Monday for 6pm thursday.

I get there and appointment was not booked.

had to wait for 2.5 hrs for an oil change.
i asked them about the clip for the driver side floormat if I could get one
and they told me there never was one available for our car.

i\'ll probably go to a different dealership for the next service.

JMAK74
07-11-2005, 11:43 PM
Well it\'s good, yet bad to know that I\'m not the only one that has experienced this.

It\'s unfortunate - with Morningside Mazda moving to Sheppard and Finch - does that mean they\'ll just have a larger waiting room to pack even more people into???

I\'m going to look up the address to Avante for my next service check.

All keep everyone posted as to their reply to the letter I will be sending this week.

Thanks all for sharing.

JK

TheProfessor
07-12-2005, 08:16 AM
with Morningside Mazda moving to Sheppard and Finch

Do those two streets even meet?

rob_444
07-12-2005, 08:41 AM
I got my 3 at Morningside back in February. So far i\'ve been only for my 1st 8K service, but i have no complaints at all.

I made the appointment the day before, came in at 7:30 am, and had the car back washed and ready to go just after 8:00.

On another note, their collision centre (Dilawri) also does very good work. Even though my car is barely 6 months old, i\'ve already had 2 accidents! Two weeks after i picked up the car I was rear ended, and a few months after that my gf\'s parents backed into my car while parked on a driveway. Both times I took it to Morningside for repairs, and both times they were fast, professional, and even did a few things outside the repairs i asked about (like buff out some scratches).

So, until they do something to cause me concern, i\'ll continue to use them.

JMAK74
07-12-2005, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by PSIVIC

with Morningside Mazda moving to Sheppard and Finch

Do those two streets even meet?

Hmm - me know directions good!?!

Finch and Markham/Agincourt area (I believe - that part of Scarlem) - thanks PSIVIC.

JK

TheProfessor
07-13-2005, 08:09 AM
No worries, I knew what you meant, just thought it was funny :p

civiclad
07-13-2005, 11:29 AM
I have nothing good to say about Morningside Mazda\'s service. Would never deal with em again.

awhoy
07-16-2005, 12:10 PM
Went to Morningside Mazda for to replace the right rear pwr window switch at 9am today. I was the 2nd customer there. The lady had a 2000 Mazda with 49K on it and she only wanted an oil change. The service rep. was spend 15 minutes trying to convince her that, because the age of her car, she will also need a major tune up (change transmission oil, brake fluid, spark plugs, and other stuff). The lady got annoyed and finally just insisted she only wanted an oil change. The service rep then just printed out the service order and told her to wait in the show room for about 2 hrs.

It was my turn, I told the guy that there is a problem with one of the pwr window switch. Before I finish explaining my problem the guy interrupted me and said he couldn\'t take me in today. I asked why and he said because it is warranty work and warranty work takes a long time, they don\'t do warranty work on weekends. WTF... how long does it take to change a switch. Since I was there I figure I would make an appointment for a week day. Before I got a chance he told me to call back next week and book an appointment. Obviously I wasn\'t happy, why do I have to call to make an appointment when I was already there to make an appointment in person. So I just got up and said it\'s OK I will go somewhere else and left.

I drove to Scarboro Mazda after, the service rep said they were pretty booked today by he took my car in anyway. The technician diagnosed the problem was indeed the switch but they don\'t have the part in stock so they will order one. The technician even diagnosed my AC, they said them vent temp was 38-40F, which was within spec. But because I still find my AC does adequately cool the cabin, they will submit the problem to Mazda Canada and will try to charge my AC next go to there to replace the switch. The total time I was at Scarboro was about 1 hr.

Sorry about the long rant, I will never go back to Morningside Mazda again. This is the third Mazda I bought from them in less than 8 years and they have never treated me like a royal customer.

TheProfessor
07-17-2005, 08:54 AM
While Scarboro Mazda isn\'t the nicest looking dealership, I found that they treated us pretty well. Not quite as good as MofT, but not bad in any way. I just wish they renovated that place......only four chairs in their \"waiting room\" :sarc

Dr Butcher
07-18-2005, 12:09 AM
Morningside = The Devil.

I wish a crack in the earth would open up and swallow that dealership whole...

Barring that, their whole staff should be replaced with one that actually knows something.

I was once a customer. I value my car, time, money, and sanity too much to go back again. Even though I drive past it 50 or so times a week.

-The End

oroboru
07-19-2005, 02:39 PM
So great, thats both dealerships in my area (Markham and Morningside) that suck. Oh well, Avante it is then.

TheProfessor
07-19-2005, 10:32 PM
Trust me, it\'s totally worth driving to get to a good dealership.