PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone installed afte

captain
07-12-2005, 04:57 PM
I bought a set of aftermarket fogs but don\'t quite know how to install them. If anyone could help with some instructions, I\'d appreciate it.

From the research I\'ve done it seems that installing them shouldn\'t be too much trouble. Like I can just pop off the front plastic covers, screw in the fogs, and then plug the wire in. What I\'m confused about is the wiring for the switch... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7985851967&catego ry=42613

I was also wondering if I should just get a new headlight stalk to replace the old one (like the real OEM kit coms with). But, would simply replacing it do the trick? I wouldn\'t have to do any extra wiring?

MazdaTree
07-12-2005, 11:16 PM
my friend got a shop to install these they had to hook the switch up to the lighter fuse or something.... everything else is easy i believe they used the stock sockets. its pretty much all prewired.

McGuyver_3
10-28-2005, 11:56 PM
I hate to break this to you but i bought those same foglights off of ebay and i installed them myself. The only thing that pissed me off was that in order to have the foglights hooked up exactly as a mazdz 3 oem fogs would be i would have to buy a light regulator. That would have costed me 375 dollars Canadian. HOWEVER If your light switch has the dummy switch for the foglights then apparently all you have to buy is the light switch because what mazda told me is that the light switches with dummy switches alredy have the light regulators built in. Apparently that switch would cost 60 dollars CDN. But i just used the wire harness the seller supplied.

Black wire=ground
white wire=Battery
Blue wire =connection to wire harness inside vehicle
yellow wire=12v switched(i hooked it up to the radio 12vswitched)
On/Off switch=install in the dash next to the dimmer
N*O*T*E* the switch is extremely bright while driving at night when the foglights are on. Pull apart the switch and see what lite goes on and off when the foglights are switched on/off. Then cut the other light out and you will be able to tell by the one bulb when the fogs are on or off

LOCKDOWN-P5
10-29-2005, 01:11 PM
Hello Everyone

If you are in need of a place to install these lights, we can gladly assist you here at LOCKDOWN Enterprises Inc. We can install the lights and wire them properly, AND keep the OEM switch working as it should.

I am curious to know what a \"light regulator\" is, question is directed at my_mazda3. I think you may be reffering to a relay, although I may be mistaken. Can you clarify as to what Mazda had meant when they said \"ligh regulator\"? I am unaware of any electrical part with this part description?

Regards

Jeff Bates
LOCKDOWN Enterprises Inc.

McGuyver_3
01-07-2006, 06:29 AM
When i went to mazda and showed them what i had, They had asked me if i had a dummy switch on my regular light switch for the foglights to operate. But of course me having to buy the gx i dont have them. Apparently the light regulator must be installed to switch the lights on and off so that the switch works properly.(Or so i have been told) I didnt beleive it but instead of paying 375 dollars for the light regulator, light switch and the foglights and having them installed i just used the hardware that was supplied. They also told me if i baught the kit they would have to install it or i would void my warranty.

FLIPDADY
01-07-2006, 01:02 PM
You could have saved all that hassle if you bought the OEM kit.

$293.32 plus tax plug and play!