PDA

View Full Version : Dealerships in the West End?

SoupNazi
07-12-2005, 05:06 PM
Hi everyone, I\'m new to the board, don\\\'t even have my 3 yet, but that\'ll change very soon, hopefully!

I live in the Burlington area and I\\\'d like to get your opinions on any dealerships that are in that area (Hamilton, Burlington, Oakville) - both from a sales point of view, as well as service (I\\\'d like to buy the car and have it serviced from the same dealership, if possible.

Anyways, this forum has provided me with a wealth of info on the 3, so thanks in advance for anything else you might have for me!

m_a_t_r_i_x
07-12-2005, 09:56 PM
let me first to welcome you soupnazi (seinfeld?, dat episode was soo funny)....wut are u getting? trim? color?

SoupNazi
07-13-2005, 01:51 PM
Thanks m_a_t_r_i_x,

I\'m getting a 3 Sport, GT, Cloth, AC, Moonroof, in Black.

I\'ve been talking to the folks at Mountain Mazda in Hamilton, and I also visited the dealership in Burlington, any feedback on those two?

MAZDA Kitten
07-14-2005, 03:59 PM
When I was shopping for my car my experience at Mountain Mazda wasnt so great. It was the first place I went to because I live 10 mins from there. Needless to say the sales guy was trying to gauge me for everything and was extremely pushy about add-on\'s i.e. Tint $400, Rust Protection $600 etc etc. Even tried charging me for \"metallic paint\" when I wanted a WHITE car. Oh and lets not forget the $90 wheel locks :sarc

I purchased my car from Ontario Mazda; I didnt find the experience at that dealership the most enjoyable one but I literally bought my car in 5 mins because the price I got was OUTSTANDING. So.. Like any other shopper I went to other dealerships to compare prices. I went to Burlington Mazda and I pretty much got laughed at. I walked in with my dad and it took about 20 mins for a sales man to approach us and when they did they went straight to my dad and totally ignored me. I asked about them possibly meeting the price I received at Ontario Mazda but the guy walked out of his office shaking his head and said \"Nevermind about us trying beat this price but we\'re not even interested in MATCHING it.\"
Talk to Luke about his experience at Burlington Mazda since he actually deals with these guys.

Others in the west end I can think of is Erin Mills. Just do a search and I dont think you will be happy with what you see. (I think its the same owner as Ontario Mazda).
Its a good thing that these cars pretty much sell themselves.
Check out Oakville Mazda even.

Do your shopping.. get as many prices you can get so the dealerships end up fighting for your sale. Good luck

lukel90
07-14-2005, 08:00 PM
Mk....you making fun of me for dealing with burlington mazda..lol...shes right though guys..stay away from that place if you can..

lonewolf
07-15-2005, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by lukel90

Mk....you making fun of me for dealing with burlington mazda..lol...shes right though guys..stay away from that place if you can..

What problems have there been at Burlington Mazda. I have been looking at getting a 3 (currently waiting for the 06 and end of my current lease) and the sales guy that I am dealling with does not seem to be that pushy

majic
07-15-2005, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by lonewolf

What problems have there been at Burlington Mazda. I have been looking at getting a 3 (currently waiting for the 06 and end of my current lease) and the sales guy that I am dealling with does not seem to be that pushy

this (http://torontomazda3.com/forum/read.php?TID=805) was my beef with them - just a jackass salesman

lukel90
07-15-2005, 04:19 PM
i guess everyone will have a different opinion of certain dealerships, if their not hassling you or pressuring you then i dont see a reason not to buy the car there, some people on here have had bad experiences in their service department thats all. Dont read into what people say about dealerships literally becasue everyone as i said will have a different opinion. Good luck with the purchase, and enjoy the 3...its really a good car

lonewolf
07-16-2005, 11:29 AM
yeah the sales guy that i am dealing with is not giving me a hassle at least not yet anyways :-) although i am getting a little skeptical on their service department though. is it normal practise to send all your techs home an hour before the service department is scheduled to close? and leave a car up on the lift when no one is working on it? I would think that leaving a car jacked 6 feet in the air when no one is around would be questionable?

I think i am going to be looking for somewhere else to take my car to the only problem is is where to take it i am out in burlington. and burlington is the closest dealership to me. (it is not even 5 minutes away from my house)

given the high praise that Avante Mazda get from here I would consider going there only it is a little far. :-)

Anyone have any suggestions to a good service department that would be closer to burlington?

Jeff-TheBiz
07-18-2005, 10:11 AM
People have driven futher to buy a car from me...

Just delivered a silver M3S 5psd with leather to a young lady from Ottawa.

And I should mention that a gentleman from London that saw the posts on this board about Avante bought his car 4 weeks ago.. and it just arrived..

Come see us.. It is worth the drive.

Jeff

Actually furthest client so far is from Newfoundland... Picked up on June 23rd. :D :D

lonewolf
07-18-2005, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by TheBiz

And I should mention that a gentleman from London that saw the posts on this board about Avante bought his car 4 weeks ago.. and it just arrived..

Jeff

Actually furthest client so far is from Newfoundland... Picked up on June 23rd. :D :D

was not meaning that it would be to far away to buy a car i meant for the shop visits it might be a bit far.

:-)

oroboru
07-19-2005, 02:42 PM

Jeff

That\'s quite the reputation; I feel justified driving the extra 10 minutes or so when it comes time to service my 3.

bman
08-03-2005, 11:39 PM
I don\'t know about the sales aspect of Burlington Mazda, but their service prices suck.
i.e oil change is set at $26.95 from Mazda Canada so how do they end up charging $60. A few people I know have had this problem so we all have gone somewhere else. Oakville Mazda is great must be because they are an old family business. Everyone seems to be nice and relaxed there. Don\'t get me wrong their service is very fast. Mountain Mazda and St.Catherine Mazda are in the same boat some people like them and some don\'t. You choose.

i-MZ-3
08-03-2005, 11:58 PM

Jeff

aww and here i was thinking that me coming from waterloo to buy a car from you guys was some kind of record lol :p

P.S. thanks once again jeff for getting me my 3! :D

lonewolf
08-04-2005, 12:52 PM
Well the more i deal with the service department at burlington mazda the more i am tempted to go elsewhere to get my next car.

I had to get my car towed in and have them look at it. (closest dealership) luckily I had the extra year of MAP to cover the towing. anyways. it turns out the repair was covered under the MAP, it was the altenator. and they told me that it would have cost 440 dollars plus tax to replace. but they were waiting to find out if it was covered under the MAP. well they called and told me that it was covered and the only thing i had to pay was a 45 dollar diagnostics fee but Mazda Canada is telling me that the diagnostics is covered in the MAP.

I am just waiting for them to call me to tell me that my car is fixed and ready to be picked up.

Side note : MAP just paid for itself :-)

1flycdnM3
08-12-2005, 01:32 PM
wow that\'s good to know. I am from Burlington as well and we had a GREAT salesman. He was very honest though and was very frustrated with the service tech. people. He had a great quote for my dad and I; \"I am only 5% of the sale, so when a customer comes in to get servicing, it\'s very much more important than me making a sale. I had a customer come in last week for a routine quick touch-up paint and one of the service guys couldn\'t find the EXACT paint.\" This made him angry because it took a week for the customer to get his car back for something that should have only took 5 minutes. However, the salesman apologized, gave the customer his personal vehicle and grabbed some black paint and did it himself.

lonewolf
08-12-2005, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by 1flycdnM3

wow that\'s good to know. I am from Burlington as well and we had a GREAT salesman. He was very honest though and was very frustrated with the service tech. people. He had a great quote for my dad and I; \"I am only 5% of the sale, so when a customer comes in to get servicing, it\'s very much more important than me making a sale. I had a customer come in last week for a routine quick touch-up paint and one of the service guys couldn\'t find the EXACT paint.\" This made him angry because it took a week for the customer to get his car back for something that should have only took 5 minutes. However, the salesman apologized, gave the customer his personal vehicle and grabbed some black paint and did it himself.

the sales guy that i have been dealing with has been great as well. hasn\'t pressured me or anything but when i go in for service it is a completely different story. and get the general feeling that they are trying to pull more from my pocket than is supposed to change hands. my girlfriend took the car in for an emission test and they tried to over charge for that as well. beleive the provincial maximum that anyone can charge is 35 dollars i think it was and they were charging more until she pointed it out to them. it was a small amount over the limit but if they were doing that for everyone it would add up.

Jeff-TheBiz
11-24-2005, 10:10 AM

was not meaning that it would be to far away to buy a car i meant for the shop visits it might be a bit far.

Hey Lonewolf,

I have recieved both of your PM, and I can\'t reply due to the glitch TM3 has with moderator\'s PM.

Please click my signature to email me and I will reply ASAP.

Jeff..

or.. jholley@avante.mazda.ca

lonewolf
11-24-2005, 10:33 AM

Hey Lonewolf,

I have recieved both of your PM, and I can\'t reply due to the glitch TM3 has with moderator\'s PM.

Please click my signature to email me and I will reply ASAP.

Jeff..

or.. jholley@avante.mazda.ca

I have sent you an email.