PDA

View Full Version : Need opinion on grille problem...

tommy36
07-15-2005, 11:53 PM
Hey everyone, i have a little bit of a dilemna. I purchased the grille i have wanted forever from ebay. The problem is that it looks awesome, but it doesn\'t fit perfect like i had expected. The guy i bought it from is a power seller, but he will not return my e-mails, from like five days ago. So apparently i\'m stuck with it. It still needs to be painted though if i\'m going to use it. I have taken a picture of my dilemna, please give me your opinion. Should i just say f&$k it, paint it, and use it or does anyone know of a way i could extend the bottom a bit to fix it? Or do i scrap it and buy a more expensive one, like erebuni? Thanks.....

Here\'s the site: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/751016/4

Tom

S.F.W.
07-16-2005, 12:11 AM
You could file a dispute with ebay. If it does not fit perfect, I know that would drive me nuts, need to find the perfect fit.

Ex-Rolla
07-16-2005, 09:09 PM
oooo that\'s actually really bad... I was about to say \"with any aftermarket kits/parts you should always expect to do slight modifications\". After seeing the pic, i see that probably won\'t be possible.

Agreed with S.F.W... Forward a complaint... Not sure you can do anything about the loss of money though

mEtH
07-17-2005, 01:04 AM
Those grills are not built for the GT thats why. The GS grill is smaller then the GT. You could always sell it and buy the GT one made from some guy in taiwan (hes on ebay).

RJ3 might be interested...think he likes that grill.

MaZDuH3
07-20-2005, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by tommy36

... Or do i scrap it and buy a more expensive one, like erebuni? Thanks.....

Tom

I know someone who bought it from erebuni and they said they had the same problem.

Isnt there one at Mazdaspeed?

lonewolf
07-21-2005, 02:07 PM
the problem being the gap at the bottom of the grill?

a posibility.
not sure
a) what it would look like
b) whether it is doable.
c) whether it is legal

what about running a white strip light. along the bottom to fill the gap.
would more than likely make a unique appearance whether it be a good or bad I don\'t know just thinking out loud.

or if you are a battlestar galactica/knight rider fan you might look at the sliding red light to run back and forth along the bottom edge of the grill.

wtom
07-25-2005, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by MaZDuH3

I know someone who bought it from erebuni and they said they had the same problem.

Isnt there one at Mazdaspeed?

Is that someone owning a hatch? Cuz the hatch, lower lip of the grill is part of the OEM bumper. Erebuni does state on their web site that installation of the grill will require modification to the stock bumper, if not using their aftermarket bumper.

McGuyver_3
09-11-2005, 09:10 PM
yp bro my car is exactly the same but u dont have asa much of a gap as i do.

Check out my ride with the grill and eyelids here
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/846273