PDA

View Full Version : Ehaust headaches

SABIO
07-24-2005, 02:51 PM
I\'ve been doing way to much surfing and my brain is all muddled.....

Leave the second Cat and run a true Cat-back exhuast.....i.e Magnaflow, Draxas (option)

Replace the second Cat with a High-flo Cat and exhaust....i.e Vibrant, Draxas (option)

Remove second Cat and replace with Pipe and Exhuast.... i.e HKS, Draxas (option)

whodilly
07-24-2005, 08:38 PM
I don\'t know too much about exhausts but which ones will pass emissions and which wont?

I\'m guessing the HKS with just the pipe wouldn\'t meet emission standards right? Not that I really care about the environment :p But i guess that it would be a hassle when the time comes.

TheProfessor
07-24-2005, 09:22 PM
By installing an exhaust that requires the removal/replacement of the second cat with a test pipe you may very well void your emission control device warranty, and possibly others. You also run the risk of failing an emmision test (I doubt it if one is still in place though). If you intend to seriously mod the car to the point it will attract attention from the po-po then they could run a spot check and you could be in for a hell of a ticket. A guy I know from another board was just pulled over by the MTO in york region and they did a full check of his car and slapped him with a $400 ticket for not having his breather hooked up! They are checking out there, so be careful. Trust me when I say that the exhaust will not yield any serious hp increases, it is more for show/sound (unless you\'re going FI, then it\'s a must).

Domokun
07-28-2005, 01:51 AM
I have the Draxas off road pipe and let me tell you, during cold morning starts the exhaust fumes smells like rubbing alcohol :( Plus, the exhaust noise is much louder. Sounding exactly like a WRC focus.

Fuman
07-28-2005, 10:33 AM
dun get cat-less, i cant stand the smell.

Whos ur dadd
07-28-2005, 10:58 AM
You gotta go sit in peep\'s cars during the meets and go for a spin.

Headache from surfing? You\'ll be more pee\'d by getting a splitting headache from a resonating/droning exhaust.

In my mind, Vibrant is the leader in the looks, fit and sound department. But there may be droning issues when driving at highway speeds? PM Bubba, he may be able to provide you with more info. Overall, I think he\'s quite happy with it. It sounds mean (in a great way) when he fired it up at my house the other day!

FLIPDADY
07-29-2005, 01:15 PM
Just saw the HKS exhaust today on a grey hatch. So far the best looking one I\'ve seen. The muffler is relocated to the back of the car. Nice deep exhaust note.

MajesticBlueNTO
07-29-2005, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by FLIPSPEED

Just saw the HKS exhaust today on a grey hatch. So far the best looking one I\'ve seen. The muffler is relocated to the back of the car. Nice deep exhaust note.

so autoexe/cc was in for his brakes today? ;) (http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=26223.0)

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/1/web/337000-337999/337094_176_full.jpg