PDA

View Full Version : Question about the Driver Window Switch

oroboru
07-26-2005, 02:32 PM
I\'ve noticed this happen whenever there is significant amounts of heat during the day; I come to my car, and notice that there is a layer of oil/sweat on that switch, and no other ones.

I don\'t use the switch during my morning drives, as it is still cool enough, and
I\'ve looked at night, and the lights are still on, so I don\'t think anything is leaking there.

Anybody else have this happen, or is my car possessed?

bluntman
07-26-2005, 03:42 PM
It may not be oil or condensation. This link (http://www.chilloutzone.de/files/05062803.html) may explain its origins though.

MAZDA Kitten
07-26-2005, 04:40 PM
THANKS FOR THE WORK WARNING ON THAT ONE MACIEJ!

majic
07-26-2005, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by MAZDA Kitten

THANKS FOR THE WORK WARNING ON THAT ONE MACIEJ!

lol.. umm it was arthur yo! i had NOTHING to do with it.. lol.. pwn3d! :D

TheProfessor
07-26-2005, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by oroboru

I\'ve noticed this happen whenever there is significant amounts of heat during the day; I come to my car, and notice that there is a layer of oil/sweat on that switch, and no other ones.

I don\'t use the switch during my morning drives, as it is still cool enough, and
I\'ve looked at night, and the lights are still on, so I don\'t think anything is leaking there.

Anybody else have this happen, or is my car possessed?

This exact \"problem\" is happening on our 3 also......it\'s actually quite strange.

Ex-Rolla
07-27-2005, 03:47 PM
it\'s like there is water seeping throught the plastic, right around those three things... it\'s very weird... First time it happened, I cleaned it... then a few months later noticed it again... I\'m like WTF? the plastic is leaking.

ahhh
07-28-2005, 12:40 AM
i notice it from time to time too. thought maybe i did it, but that wasnt the case. i dunno what it could be from.:sarc

TheProfessor
08-06-2005, 01:09 AM
We get it much more frequently than you Ex-rolla if you only get it every month or so......I feel as though I see it at least once a week.

Krakilin
08-27-2005, 09:41 PM
OMG, I thought I was the only one having that problem, I thought it was some oil, so I wiped it off, and it came back the next day... I think it has something to do with the condensation with those 3 LEDs heating up or whatever.