PDA

View Full Version : Odor

Hazy
07-27-2005, 11:05 PM
Well, yesterday I went to the aunts house to pick up some food to take home. I put it in the back seat of the car. Basically I was driving and I came to a sudden stop as the food fell all over the carpet. Now it smells like crap for the past 2 days and I dont know how to get rid of it. Anyone have a solution? btw it smells like fish.;)

Ex-Rolla
07-27-2005, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by Hazy

btw it smells the fish.;)

Good like with that!!!!!

seriously though... A lot of scrubbing with some nice scented soap... if that doesn\'t do it empty out a bottle of Febreez... Mountain scented!

Domokun
07-28-2005, 01:19 AM
Last Christmas, my gf spilled an entire cup of Ovaltine in my car. Anyhow, to make the story short here\'s how I got rid of the smell.

Step 1. Baking soda. Spread this stuff over the affected area like butter, don\'t be shy with it!
Wait overnight. The baking soda will soak up all the moisture which causes odor.
Vaccume the next day. Repeat if neccesary.
Step 2. Go buy yourself some car interior cleaner from Canadian Tire. Try Simoniz, big can for $7
bucks, follow the directions on the can.

Hope it works.

:hoho

Zaku_4
07-28-2005, 01:59 AM
man what a waste of time.

this is PROVEN to work and it takes the least amoutn of work

1. cut 2 lemons, each into 4 pieces.
2. place lemons around the entire carrr (8 pieces evenly thorughout)
3. close all windows
4. wait a while, everything will be gone

this worked when i accidentally spilled alot of \"tong sui\" in my car. lol only took like 1 or 3 days and it was all gonee

Domokun
07-28-2005, 03:16 AM
this is PROVEN to work and it takes the least amoutn of work

1. cut 2 lemons, each into 4 pieces.
2. place lemons around the entire carrr (8 pieces evenly thorughout)
3. close all windows
4. wait a while, everything will be gone

:hoho LOL! Also try TEA BAGS, I\'ve heard it also works. ;)

firstmazda
08-04-2005, 09:43 AM
hehehe teabagging..... LOL

Ray

Broli
08-09-2005, 05:09 PM
i have this crazy air freshener in the tray above the spare tire in my Hatch,

it is crazy strong, nothing has beaten it yet, sometimes my car smells like smoke, so many people in there smoking, and this clears it in like a day,

not sure what it is, my dad threw it in there, it is like a solid brick!

but fish - it has never went up against that!

dredd2099
08-10-2005, 04:28 PM
after the cleanup

febreeze
or odour eliminator

dredd2099
08-10-2005, 04:29 PM
howd this end up in exterior maintenance?

Candyman
08-11-2005, 01:40 AM
Is there an interior maintenance? I wouldn\'t know where else to put it if it was me.

Hazy
08-12-2005, 09:19 PM
haaha exactly what i was thinking..

Hanif
11-11-2005, 09:52 AM
When it comes to food and my car I have one simple rule: NO FOOD INSIDE THE CAR! This was fine before I went back to school. After that I had to modify the rule so that I could get groceries :p

So now my new rule is: NO OPEN FOOD IN THE CAR & ALL PACKED FOOD IN THE TRUNK.

I don\'t even drink water when I\'m driving and I don\'t allow anyone to bring anything - not even a water bottle - inside the car. If they have one (water bottle), I make sure it\'s closed and put it in the trunk. I have a cargo net btw.

malam
11-11-2005, 10:44 AM
I had to transport my snowblower two years ago, and figured that I could just fit it on the front passenger seat. It fitted allright, but by the time I got home, I had over two liters of gasoline deposited on the car seat and on the floor carpet ! I tried everything and anything to remove the odour - kilogrammes of baking soda, fabreez, tea bags, but the odour will not go away.

Finally I got lucky and came across an Internet Book on controlling odours - with a free sample idea - VINEGAR. Since I\'ve tried everything that I could think of, I decided to try the vinegar idea. I sprayed vinegar on the seat and carpet. It stank for a couple of days, but when the vinegar dried up - the odour was gone too !

Hanif
11-17-2005, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by malam

I had to transport my snowblower two years ago, and figured that I could just fit it on the front passenger seat. It fitted allright, but by the time I got home, I had over two liters of gasoline deposited on the car seat and on the floor carpet ! I tried everything and anything to remove the odour - kilogrammes of baking soda, fabreez, tea bags, but the odour will not go away.

Finally I got lucky and came across an Internet Book on controlling odours - with a free sample idea - VINEGAR. Since I\'ve tried everything that I could think of, I decided to try the vinegar idea. I sprayed vinegar on the seat and carpet. It stank for a couple of days, but when the vinegar dried up - the odour was gone too !

AMAZING!!........all hail to Vinegar: the odor eliminator for the 21st Century. :)

Kevin@nextmod
11-17-2005, 01:47 PM
Why don\'t you guys spend some dough and go get a few cans of scotch guard from crappy tire and spray it all over your cloth seats. It works! Since accidents do happen once in a while and you can\'t prevent it so why not do something ahead of time to control it?

ds2chan
11-17-2005, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by Pearl_Hatch

Why don\'t you guys spend some dough and go get a few cans of scotch guard from crappy tire and spray it all over your cloth seats. It works! Since accidents do happen once in a while and you can\'t prevent it so why not do something ahead of time to control it?

cuz we\'re all cheap and we don\'t plan ahead.. :p

Kevin@nextmod
11-17-2005, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by ds2chan

Well then YOU GUYS DESERVE IT..!! :p j/k

Hanif
11-18-2005, 02:53 AM

Originally posted by ds2chan

Well then YOU GUYS DESERVE IT..!! :p j/k

lol :p