PDA

View Full Version : nice

SABIO
08-02-2005, 08:01 PM
:(

Whos ur dadd
08-03-2005, 04:28 PM
Hey man, take off the AEM. I\'m really curious to see what it adds.

SourcE
08-03-2005, 05:21 PM
yeah, same here, I wanna go CAI or SRI, not sure which yet

I was gonna put a SRI on mine, but the guy jerked me around...:p :p

just kidding Daddy, btw, that date is still available if you want it....;)

SABIO
08-03-2005, 06:25 PM
:(

Whos ur dadd
08-04-2005, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by SABIO

Theres is noway I am gonna spend at least an hour putting the stock air box on just so you can see the difference... not to mention the hour drive and $75 ;)

You selfish ingrate. Take one for the team. Do it for furtherance of the 3 community\'s cause. Be a pioneer.

This will be a great baseline to see what your aftermarket exhaust is going to add!

bubba1983
08-05-2005, 12:37 AM

Ok.. If I had a scanner... Maybe if I didn\'t forget a disk... but anyway, I will get the graph up soon. Going back in a couple days anyway ;)

This was a stock run, nothing but my AEM C.A.I.
It was pretty hot and humid. 33 C about 42 C with humidty

Max Hp 136.4
Max TQ 137.8

I thought the number would be a little higher, maybe about 3-5hp higher. I asked Mel about it. He said it was pretty much bang on for driveline loss -15%.

I pointed out the Super-Duper Blue C.A.I :) and he kindly pointed out that the 2-4hp I gained from that was Sucked up by my fat ass 18\" LOL:D. Mel said if I came and Dyno\'d with the stock 17\" (lighter,less rotational mass) I would problably see that extra 4-5hp on the sheet.
But hey, I drive with the 18\"\'s so I am happy.

I am going back later in the week... making some changes ... shhhhhh!,thats for you Adam;)

I will have the before and after graphs done up properly by the end of the week.

he uses my name like we\'ve ****ed before or something...sick sick man!1

TheProfessor
08-06-2005, 01:12 AM
You know there\'s a decent chance that the CAI actually made you lose power, right?

There, now since I\'ve introduced a layer of doubt, take it off and dyno again just to be safe :p

SABIO
08-11-2005, 08:45 PM

lukel90
08-12-2005, 08:45 AM
sabio..i had my hatch dynoed as well with only a CAI. keep in mind this was in the spring time with cooler weather. But that dyno seems a little low to me, my dyno came out at 150.0hp and 149.9tq, it could have been 150tq and 149.9hp..one of those...anyway i know all dynoes are different and readings depend a lot on conditions, but i wouldnt assume it would be that much..Where did you get the dyno done? Just out of curiosity

lukel90
08-12-2005, 08:48 AM
Heres the link to my dyno, as it was taken off this forum for whatever reason..anyhow..here is the link.

http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52617

SABIO
08-12-2005, 04:28 PM

PlatMS6
08-12-2005, 06:22 PM
where did u get the dyno done? ... looks familiar

i hope its not the place im thinking of

MajesticBlueNTO
08-12-2005, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by 2004mz3

where did u get the dyno done? ... looks familiar

i hope its not the place im thinking of

says it right in the title of the thread \"TAG\" as in TAG Motorsport:

2241 Royal Windsor Dr
Oakville, ON L6J4Z2
Phone: (905) 845-0888

PlatMS6
08-12-2005, 08:02 PM
yep i knew that place looked familiar :(

i thought it was Tag Racecraft

1. i went there with 5-6 vw guys this past may for a dyno day, we went there last year and everything went without a hitch so we set up another day this year with one of the two asian guys that works there. it was $40/3 pulls just as it was last year for a group. so we show up at the time we had reserved and proceed to wait 30 mins cuz he wants to see what his buddies pos runs, k so we wait not a big deal so we just chatted for a while and were up, a guy in our group goes in first with a 1.8t golf with all the bolt-ons <car takes srt-4\'s stock>, the first few runs are puzzleing 135-150whp, we were just like wtf, so one of the shop guys goes over everything but says everything looks \"right\" ....riiigghhhhtttt
at this point 10 fob kids come in to look at their race civic, so these two shop guys drop everything and take the civic to make a couple of runs down their street...k this is when we realised these guys are not that bright on the right there was a tractor trailor parked and about 10 feet away was a chev suburban, so they make a run and zigzag in between the two with rear wheels still spining (this was a complete race done car....s2000 turbo rwd) at this point the owner of the chev truck runs out from another shop and moves his car...they proceed to do another 2-3 runs ...their last being ended up with a dead car.....owneeeeddd...so the kids (15-17) help them move the car back all the way to the shop...lol like 5 of them were struggling
so anyways they get back to the golf and again they cant get a propper redout since the rpm keeps spiking to llike 10k rpm but they dont want to admit it and keep saying that all is ok...and that we obviosly thought the car was faster :sarc on the last two runs the cas made a whoping 160-165 whp and they are like see it do better than before...and they say its done and they would like $75...we were all pissed and said basically wtf ure equipment is messed up and while they struggled to fix it they still did not....the owner just paid the 75, even tho all of us said just to f***** leave ...after that we just did a little cruise and the thing is fast and beat two comparable cars that last year did 195/200....btw the golf that went on, last year did 191whp and that was before he did more work, so he was in the 200\'s for sure) ...what a waste

2. i met a mustang guy who got his headers done there, while it is a very challenging job, they managed to f*** up every single part of it....he found out later that the thing was copletely banged up and wasn\'t even tourqued down properly

im not here to bash this place im just telling you what i observed, personally i would not set foot into that place again

SABIO
08-12-2005, 08:51 PM
Great...

I got thread jacked...

losers

MajesticBlueNTO
08-12-2005, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by 2004mz3

im not here to bash this place im just telling you what i observed, personally i would not set foot into that place again

your sentiments are not your own....i also have friends who got inconsistent dynos and shady service from that place.

PlatMS6
08-12-2005, 09:24 PM

Great...

I got thread jacked...

Post in your own thread about your TAG *observations*...

Be awsome if a mod would remove the wasted space from MY Thread about My Dyno...

it is about your dyno, most ppl on here feel that your numbers are lower than what most people get with those mods, so i am just telling you what i have experienced with them and how it could very well be the same problem you are experiencing, thats what made me write about my experience with the shop

btw the 4-5 whp loss on the dyno because of the 18\'s, well that just came out of the guys a**

PlatMS6
08-12-2005, 10:05 PM
you didn\'t get thread jacked, this thread started out with you posting low hp/tq #\'s. people commented and some even said that it seemed low, which was true. i posted about my experience at the very SAME shop because the shop could have been doing the same to you under your eyes, i did not talk about something unrelated, so how is it thread jacking?

and then you erase everything you wrote, leaving this behind

Great...

I got thread jacked...

losers

nice :sarc

SABIO
08-12-2005, 10:37 PM
Low Numbers?? They seem just about right too me.
15% driveline loss from 160hp = 136hp @ the wheels I added CAI 4hp then a Exhaust another 8hp
Did you read the part about it being 33C and 42C with humidity?

Maybe you should question Lukes run of 150hp with just a CAI. 160hp engine doing 150 @ the wheels with nothing but a CAI...???

All the numbers I have seen posted elsewhere show 149hp-151hp with CAI AND Exhuast.

http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=15102.0

http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=21080.0

http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=26882.0

Sorry you had a bad experience at TAG. But you can\'t add up all the numbers from the advertising from the little mods you buy and get all pissy that you don\'t actually pull 200HP. That\'s life.

MajesticBlueNTO
08-13-2005, 12:19 AM

Low Numbers?? They seem just about right too me.
15% driveline loss from 160hp = 136hp @ the wheels I added CAI 4hp then a Exhaust another 8hp
Did you read the part about it being 33C and 42C with humidity?

if you can get the dynojet files, you can download the DynoJet Viewer and play with the correction factors.

Most likely your printout states that the HP and TQ numbers are SAE Corrected, meaning that the 33C and 42C with humidity doesn\'t mean anything. the numbers are Corrected to a constant barometric pressure and temperature set by the SAE.

However, with the DynoJet Viewer, you can change the correction factors and use \"No Correction\" to see what your car was putting out at that particular moment with the barometric pressure and ambient temp of the day.

if you\'re calling me a loser, that\'s fine with me. sorry to see that someone\'s panties got all twisted in a knot from people posting on a PUBLIC forum.

PlatMS6
08-13-2005, 09:10 AM
Maybe you should question Lukes run of 150hp with just a CAI. 160hp engine doing 150 @ the wheels with nothing but a CAI...???
members of even tm3 have done that! you also have to consider that not every single motor that leaves the factory is rated at 160hp, some are stronger some are weaker (5hp max). also our drivelines are not robbing us of 15% it is more like 11-12%, auto\'s usualy get 15%, i find this very common with our 3\'s!

Sorry you had a bad experience at TAG. But you can\'t add up all the numbers from the advertising from the little mods you buy and get all pissy that you don\'t actually pull 200HP. That\'s life.

hmm then how did he dyno 209whp next weekend @ splitfire? :sarc (i told u 1.8t with ALL the bolt-ons, chipped...that is very common to get buddy)

i really don\'t want to argue this with you, if you wan\'t to keep going to them then go ahead, but @ 75 a pop y not consider a different shop for accuracy, especially after other ppl\'s results and comments... 2 runs for 45$ can be easily found...and sometimes you couldsqueeze out 3 if the shop isn\'t that busy :)

lukel90
08-13-2005, 10:54 AM
I had my dyno done at dynopower services in scarborough. Every dyno will put out a different reading. We had a thread about my dyno before and i stated i must have had a wednesday car or somthing. I agree with you 150hp seems a little high with just a CAI, but thats what the sheet spit out and thats what i posted. For reference my cousin has a sedan 2.3L W cai and each time we try to see which car is faster i always put a car length on him. Maybe its cause he babies his car and i dont, i dont know. Some people said that the way you break in your car affects your cars performance. i dont know if thats true but im not here to argue. Ill get a exhaust soon, maybe end of summer. Il go again and get a dyno done with I/E and see what kind of numbers i get.

SABIO
08-13-2005, 05:48 PM
Hey, it\'s all good... We\'re all in the same car.

Ok, losers was a strong word.. how \'bout weiners:sarc J/K......

When I do more to my 3 I already know I will go somewhere with better equipment and tuning knowledge.. Someone who can do fuel mapping...

anyway....cheers

Jer
08-13-2005, 08:39 PM
I can\'t help but add my two cents to this whole matter.

Not too long ago I took my Max to them - at 8psi of boost I ran 267fwhp at Dyno Power Services a few months earlier. (25% drivetrain loss - yes it\'s a big thing on 2000\'s). Since that dyno I had added a high stall TC, rebuilt the tranny, added 1.5psi of boost, and done a full custom 2.5\" exhaust from 2.25.

The results at TAG? The BEST dyno pull they gave me was 222fwhp. That car has 165fwhp stock and weighs in at about 4000. Stock I ran a 15.89, boosted (also on street tires) I ran consistant 14.00\'s. So I asked genious Mel to explain to me the dyno results and told him that there was something wrong with his equipment. There\'s no way in hell I gained an average of 1.9 seconds in the quartermile on about 60fwhp on a loaded midsize family sedan. Much less after adding a good amount of power with mods since the previous dyno that helped me achieve those flat 14\'s.

Furthermore, I asked for them to plug in their wideband (the main purpose of this dyno wasn\'t for power figures, I wanted to tune my air/fuel curve). On one run I\'d get ratios of 10:1, on the next I\'d get their computer showing 16:1 at the same point. With those numbers I\'d have blown my motor long prior to the dyno.

To summarize, their dyno stinks, and it should not be trusted. Dyno Power Services has had a few issues, but nothing as massively incompetant.

And speaking of incompetance I also know of someone in the local Grand Prix club who took his car there for a \"tune up\". Suffice it to say they didn\'t know what kind of spark plugs to put in his car - reading the charts at Canadian Tire was too difficult - and ended up trying to use some that they found in a nearby Integra or something lying around the shop. Total fools.

So let\'s call this thread a \"negative shop experience\" thread.

Avoid TAG Motorsports like the plague.

PlatMS6
08-13-2005, 11:16 PM
i would give either of these two places a :thumbup: ...lots of vw ppl give them business and are happy with them!

Splitfire Performance (dynojet) 905-457-2977(the last time i checked)
Autobahn Speed Tuning (mustang dyno) 905-856-1992(the last time i checked)