PDA

View Full Version : Intake resonator 3rd bolt

///M
08-05-2005, 02:00 PM
A couple of days ago I installed my intake and ran into problems with removing the 3rd bolt on the resonator (the one on top above the plastic) so I\'m running it as an SRI now. I\'d like to install the rest of the intake - can any one shed some light on how to remove that damned 3rd bolt?

wtom
08-05-2005, 02:06 PM
My friend and I just used a candle to burn away the resonator plastic so as to finally open up that part and get a socket wrench up into there.

http://www.torontomazda3.com/forum/read.php?TID=973 (post dated 26-03-05) got some pics too :p

Ex-Rolla
08-05-2005, 02:42 PM
Hey autoexe,

It\'s not the best advice, but all you need is a lot of patience... It took me a good 1.5 hours to remove those three bolts and along the way I was treated with a number of cuts on my arm. I used one of those small ratchets to remove all three bolts.

Again, not the best advice, but that\'s the only way to do it without removing the bumper, or burning the plastic.

Good luck man... You\'ll need it ;) 3

Ex

SABIO
08-05-2005, 02:50 PM
yes.. take your time. I used a rachet from underneath. Had to pull away the inner fender. That took at least 20 minutes for the one bolt.

whodilly
08-05-2005, 03:07 PM
you need a open ended wrench to get at that bolt. When I was installing my intake I had to run to Can Tire to pick up the wrench cause the socket wouldn\'t fit. As the guys said above patience and willingness to sacrifice your body to get that fugger out!

///M
08-05-2005, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by whodilly

you need a open ended wrench to get at that bolt. When I was installing my intake I had to run to Can Tire to pick up the wrench cause the socket wouldn\'t fit. As the guys said above patience and willingness to sacrifice your body to get that fugger out!

ahhh...no wonder! I was using a socket wrench and all the time I was thinking to myself \"there\'s no fricken way this is going to fit up there\"...

guess I\'ll give it another try

Whos ur dadd
08-05-2005, 05:29 PM
Does said fuggin bolt also have to come off for the Umnitza SRI?

If so, I guess I put up the Umnitza for sale again :D

majic
08-05-2005, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by Whos ur dadd

If so, I guess I put up the Umnitza for sale again :D

first dibs on it again!!!!!!

mEtH
08-07-2005, 12:08 PM
Just take off your bumper, it only takes a couple minutes. Two sockets at either side and the screws up at the grill. Well for the sedan anyways. It saves you lots of time and makes the whole thing so much easier. I can\'t say I had a problem.