PDA

View Full Version : Sluggish Engine

rinse
08-10-2005, 06:02 PM
I own a 2005 Mazda 3 GT Sedan, just took the car in for its 8000km service. I noticed as I approached 8000 k that the engine starting acting a little sluggish, most notably when I reversed; when I first got the car, the engine would sound perfectly normal when reversing(you know how an MT sounds different when reversing compared to an AT), well lately it sounds like the engine struggles while reversing. It\'s no longer a \"errrrrrrrrrrrrrr\" but more of a \"errrr---errr--err-errerrrr\", doesnt sound good at all. When coming home and going into my driveway, the engine also struggles as it tries to get up the incline in gear 1.

Gear 1 and 2 is where the engine truly struggles, with not much a difference in the higher gears. Not sure what\'s wrong. I figured it was b.c the car needed an oil change, but right after getting service done, I tried reversing out of my driveway, and it was still sluggish.

The car also doesnt seem to have as much pickup when starting, and ive only had this car for 3 months.

Any suggestions?