PDA

View Full Version : Is This A Good Price or a Rip Off?

aznxplicit
08-17-2005, 02:01 PM
I went to Morningside Mazda and they quoted me $29681.37 for:

2005 Mazda 3 GT

-5 Speed Trans
-GFX Package
-Leather Interior
-Metallic Paint
-Lip Spoiler
-Centre Panel Chrome

is this a rip off or an alright price? I\'m debating getting the 5 speed and just getting an automatic. What do you guys think?

majic
08-17-2005, 02:05 PM
that\'s a WICKED price if you like paying roughly $2500 more than what you should be :sarc

do a search (http://torontomazda3.com/forum/search.php) and see what others paid

aznxplicit
08-17-2005, 02:11 PM
Meh I bought it already so theres not much more I can do.

Joe10
08-17-2005, 03:22 PM
how were u debating between auto and manual when u already bought the manual? lol

RedRaptor
08-17-2005, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by aznxplicit
Meh I bought it already so theres not much more I can do.

LOL...thats the \"AZN\" thing to do...ask for advice but don\'t bother listening to it before making the decision...then after they have the \"Meh...I can\'t do anything about it now\" attitude.

I guess you don\'t mind getting ripped off? $2500 would been nice mod money for winter tires (which you will need), tints, and etc....but \"Meh...whatever\" right? :sarc

aznxplicit
08-17-2005, 05:01 PM
HAHAHA cuz I bought it on the condition that I could have either the manual or the automatic. So you should get your facts straight before you start asking questions! Well not everyone has time to go to the dealership and hassle them! And whoever said I wanted tint?

majic
08-17-2005, 05:05 PM

HAHAHA cuz I bought it on the condition that I could have either the manual or the automatic. So you should get your facts straight before you start asking questions! Well not everyone has time to go to the dealership and hassle them! And whoever said I wanted tint?

you make less sense than a dead flea.. if you don\'t have time to do your research or get help from others, then maybe you have that $2500+ to blow.. in such case, why are you buying a econobox?

i guess some people have priorities.. :sarc

RedRaptor
08-17-2005, 05:21 PM
Well not everyone has time to go to the dealership and hassle them!

Wow...no wonder your name is \"Azn\"...that is the cocky attitude that found in most asians. I guess you\'re so rich that $2500 cash isn\'t worth a few hours of your time. If thats the case, I respect that. We always need rich fools to pump more money into the economy.

But honestly...
http://www.spreadshirt.net/shops/41000/40080/texts/924379_1123700_thumb.gif

:sarc

Whos ur dadd
08-17-2005, 06:18 PM
Red and majic, chill dudes! You should read his post. From what I understand of his post, he has the option of getting the auto tranny. That\'s like a $1000 option right there. So, at the end of the day, he\'s only getting jacked for $1500. Car salesmen need to put their kids thru private school too ya know!

DivineWind
08-17-2005, 06:59 PM
$2500 ??? Damn thats almost half a turbo kit from hi-boost. :sarc

aznxplicit
08-17-2005, 08:32 PM
Well thanks for all the good advice, I just got out of buying this car! So now I guess I gotta go to another dealership. But which one?

TheProfessor
08-17-2005, 08:34 PM

2005 Mazda 3 GT

-5 Speed Trans
-GFX Package
-Leather Interior
-Metallic Paint
-Lip Spoiler
-Centre Panel Chrome

is this a rip off or an alright price? I\'m debating getting the 5 speed and just getting an automatic. What do you guys think?

Regardless of the transmission, that is a rip-off. If you\'ve already done the deal, well then, it\'s too late, just take the car and enjoy it like we all do. If you can get out of it, do so and visit Jeff at Avante Mazda. Remember, the 2006\'s are on their way, so dealers are trying to \"get rid of\" their 2005\'s.

aznxplicit
08-17-2005, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by PSIVIC

2005 Mazda 3 GT

-5 Speed Trans
-GFX Package
-Leather Interior
-Metallic Paint
-Lip Spoiler
-Centre Panel Chrome

Regardless of the transmission, that is a rip-off. If you\'ve already done the deal, well then, it\'s too late, just take the car and enjoy it like we all do. If you can get out of it, do so and visit Jeff at Avante Mazda. Remember, the 2006\'s are on their way, so dealers are trying to \"get rid of\" their 2005\'s.

Thanks for the good advice! I actually did get out of it! Why does everyone presume that because your asian that you have money to blow? I may have money to blow, but I also may have a brain and choose not too! I might wait a while to get the \'06 instead.

TheProfessor
08-17-2005, 08:44 PM
Truthfully if you don\'t need any of the features on an \'06 you would get the best deal finding an \'05 that suits your needs. I could have sworn that Jeff said Avante has something like 300 \'05\'s left, so there should be something out there that matches what you\'re looking for. The lease/finance rates will also be better on the \'05\'s. Having said all of that, I\'m waiting to pick up an \'06 myself to replace my MZ6.

aznxplicit
08-17-2005, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by PSIVIC

Truthfully if you don\'t need any of the features on an \'06 you would get the best deal finding an \'05 that suits your needs. I could have sworn that Jeff said Avante has something like 300 \'05\'s left, so there should be something out there that matches what you\'re looking for. The lease/finance rates will also be better on the \'05\'s. Having said all of that, I\'m waiting to pick up an \'06 myself to replace my MZ6.

Well I had an \'03 Jetta and I traded it in for an \'06 Jetta, but its just way to big and I hate driving it, so my mom might just buy it off me when her lease is up on her TL. Whats new in the \'06?

iconicrocket
08-17-2005, 10:28 PM

Well I had an \'03 Jetta and I traded it in for an \'06 Jetta, but its just way to big and I hate driving it, so my mom might just buy it off me when her lease is up on her TL. Whats new in the \'06?

Isn\'t the Jetta in the same class as the Mazda3? How is it any bigger?

As for purchasing a new car, don\'t let the salesperson pressure you. Think about what you\'re going to say to get the person off your back so you can think over the deal for a few days. And definitely try to get something that they HAVE in stock. I waited over 4 weeks for my car, waiting sux!

Jeff-TheBiz
08-18-2005, 03:59 PM
Generally if you encounter pressure... there is a reason for it..

Jeff