PDA

View Full Version : Progress Rear Bar mounting brackets Broke

lukel90
08-17-2005, 06:21 PM
After a night of hard back road driving i noticed my car wasnt as stiff as usual. Upon my arrival at home, i jacked up the car and noticed one of the rear sway bar mounting brackets (where the bushing slides into) BROKE. It simply snapped it two pieces. I drove a while before i even noticed it. I ordered ne bushings with stronger mounts from performance improvements on upper james in hamilton. Anyhow, for one day i put the OEM brackets over the progress bar. its a little off size but one day wont cause much harm. Or at least i hope not. Im quite surprised as to how cheap the Progress Mounts really were. Ive emailed them and bitched about the quality, eventhough i still love the bar. I\'ve read on other forums that this is pretty normal. The new mounts and bushing will be here on thursday, til then....people with the PRogress 22mm rear anti-sway bar..Check the tightness of your bolts and brackets. I had no problems with my bar whatsoever, no noises, nothing....until yesterday that is..

MAZDA Kitten
08-18-2005, 09:47 AM
Thanks for the heads up!

whodilly
08-18-2005, 04:45 PM
Shitty deal... yeah those brackets don\'t look too sturdy. Will definitely check mine now.

lukel90
08-19-2005, 11:36 PM
Progress just emailed me back. Basically they said the bushing can take a hell of a beating so they wont sent me a new pair of bushing, but they will send a pair of mounting brackets. As i just put on new brackets, i guess i\'ll have a extra pair in case anything happens to these ones. Progress replied to my email 3 hours after i sent them my compliant. Not too shabby.

Everything is OK now and im back to carving up the corners..

FLIPDADY
08-20-2005, 10:02 AM
This isn\'t a \"Mazda\" related problem.

Moved to Suspension/Brakes.

lukel90
08-20-2005, 10:13 AM
OOps.....thanks flipspeed