PDA

View Full Version : Mazda 3 GT 16\ Rims

jdanielsg
08-24-2005, 01:24 AM
I got my GT it came with 16\" rims. And the standard Toyo all season tyres. Do you think anyone out there would wanna buy them off me? And what is a good rim size for the Mazda 3? 17\" or can it do 18\" ? And what about tyres?

bluntman
08-24-2005, 08:18 AM
Don\'t GT\'s get 17\" rims?

jdanielsg
08-24-2005, 08:29 AM
only if its GFX

Pimpin_29y
08-24-2005, 08:53 AM
What is your contact info? I am interested in buying them.

jdanielsg
08-24-2005, 12:03 PM
check your pm :)

jdanielsg
08-24-2005, 12:11 PM
What should I upgrade my rims to ? The ones that Mazda has? 17\" 6.5 wide ? Or is there somewhere else I can get them where it is all good and has warranty on everything they do and sell?

THANKS GUYS

chaser
08-24-2005, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by jdanielsg

What should I upgrade my rims to ? The ones that Mazda has? 17\" 6.5 wide ? Or is there somewhere else I can get them where it is all good and has warranty on everything they do and sell?

THANKS GUYS

Depends on what you need ...
more tracking (or autocrossing), less bling -> 16\"
balance of performance + bling bling effect -> 17\"
less performance; more bling -> 18\"

If you want to maintain the factory appearence, look for used 17\" from the GFX package or 18\" from the big brother, RX-8. Or you can always check with Tires23 (http://www.tires23.com/) for aftermarket, as they have good price.

BangHatch
08-24-2005, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by chaser

THANKS GUYS

If you want to maintain the factory appearence, look for used 17\" from the GFX package or 18\" from the big brother, RX-8. Or you can always check with Tires23 (http://www.tires23.com/) for aftermarket, as they have good price.

i agree! although width is very important too.. ;)

jdanielsg
08-25-2005, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by BangHatch

Originally posted by chaser

THANKS GUYS

i agree! although width is very important too.. ;)

ok what kind of width does the stock 17\"s have? 6.5 ? wats a comfortable width that will under no circumstance affect ride quality of damage the tires or whatever...

thanks guys !!!!

majic
08-25-2005, 01:48 PM

ok what kind of width does the stock 17\"s have? 6.5 ? wats a comfortable width that will under no circumstance affect ride quality of damage the tires or whatever...

thanks guys !!!!

17x6.5

205/50 is the recommended tire width/ratio.. some 215s will fit and 225s are NOT recommended BUT have been used at mazda rev it up event.. just pick a tire that includes 6.5\" in the \"Rim Width Range\" spec of the tire and you will be safe.

chaser
08-25-2005, 05:08 PM

thanks guys !!!!

Width doesn\'t affect the ride quality much, well if you don\'t go too narrow or too wide.
The height and material of the tire sidewalk affect ride quality. If you don\'t want to trade-off the ride quality, go for 17\" (205/50, 225/45) or 18\" (225/40).

My $0.02 ;)

BangHatch
08-25-2005, 08:01 PM
ahh yes.. if ride quality is the actual concern and not performance, then width isn\'t a huge factor at all... and yes it is infact the sidewall of a tire that determines the ride quality... can\'t go to too low a profile nor a performance tire either. Performance tires would have generally stiffer sidewalls..

jdanielsg
08-26-2005, 03:20 AM
ok someone wants to buy my 5 day ols rims n tires... So what should i be getting for them some opinions pls thanks guys

by the way is joe from toronto mazda flipspeed ?

bluntman
08-26-2005, 08:22 AM

by the way is joe from toronto mazda flipspeed ?

Yes

jdanielsg
08-27-2005, 09:09 AM
Anyone ? Can help me out by telling me how much 5 day old tire n rims r worth? 16\" stock Mazda + Toyo from the GT

Also can joe or someone else tell me how much Mazda is selling those 16\" with Toyo tires for ? Club Price? And how much for the 17\" stock tire club price?

I dunt have the manual with me, so does anyone know if I use 18\" it would void any kind of warranty?

Lastly, with the stock tires n rims I have know I am noticing more bumps than my TL but the TL comes with 17\" x 8\" , 235/45 R17W dunt know what that means though, but someone here recommended 17\" but I dunt know the width ?? 205/50 or 225/45

So what should I do ??? LOL I am looking for better grip and a more cushioned ride than I have now.. something that would lessen the impact of canadas numerous pot holes on the suspention n on my ass if thats at all possible.

Thanks guys

jdanielsg
09-05-2005, 10:04 AM
no one? :(

bluntman
09-05-2005, 03:12 PM
Upsizing your rim and tire combination won\'t void your warranty. It\'s one of the most popular upgrades that most new car owners do on their new rides.

You may be noticing more bumps with the 3 than with the TL because of the different suspsension setups of both cars, the 3 may have a stiffer suspension than the TL.

If you are thinking upsizing the rims then you are going to get a rougher ride, no matter what you do, there is just less sidewall/rubber to absorb the bumps on the road. You\'ll just have to adjust your driving habits and avoid the potholes.

oyster
09-23-2005, 01:15 PM

I got my GT it came with 16\" rims. And the standard Toyo all season tyres. Do you think anyone out there would wanna buy them off me? And what is a good rim size for the Mazda 3? 17\" or can it do 18\" ? And what about tyres?

I might be interested in your Toyo all season, it\'s 205/55/16 right?

PM me

Oyster