PDA

View Full Version : Test driving the 2006...

mypatpat
09-01-2005, 02:39 PM
I\'ve just email my dealer today to book a test drive of the 06 mazda3 some time next week. He said that he\'s can let me test a 2005 model, which is mechanically the same as 2006.

I am pretty sure that he\'s correct in saying that they\'re mechanically the same. But is there any reason that I might want to test a 06 instead of an 05? I\'m looking for an MT by the way, so the 5 speed auto makes no difference for me.

Jeff-TheBiz
09-01-2005, 03:12 PM
Most dealers can\'t afford to put every car available on as a test drive so they may let you drive a new one.. (with the pastic on the seats)

Not many 2006s have landed at the dealerships yet, and if they have they are likely sold units.

The 2005s \"should\" drive the same as the 2006s

but... the 2006 has the 5 speed auto on the 2.3L and in the 2.0L the 2006 has 2 more horse power..

mypatpat
09-01-2005, 04:02 PM
I\'m looking for a 5 speed manual GT, so I guess I should be fine testing the 05 model then...

Is there anything I should know or bring to the dealership for my test drive? My first time buying a new car...

Whos ur dadd
09-01-2005, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by mypatpat

I\'m looking for a 5 speed manual GT, so I guess I should be fine testing the 05 model then...

Is there anything I should know or bring to the dealership for my test drive? My first time buying a new car...

Your cheque book or credit card. The 3 is the best in its class, hands down. But then again, we\'re biased here...

Welcome.

majic
09-01-2005, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by mypatpat

should \'drive\' the same but you won\'t be seeing the ambient temp and trip computer stuff.. oh well.. bring a driver\'s licence (i\'ve never needed a credit card/cheque book - they just photocopy your licence)

ask to drive alone UNLESS you\'re comfortable with the sales rep - take your time. go during busy hours since that\'s when it\'ll be easier to drive it alone, or go with your dad/mom/older cousin and that shouldn\'t be a problem...

Jeff-TheBiz
09-02-2005, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by Whos ur dadd

Your cheque book or credit card. The 3 is the best in its class, hands down. But then again, we\'re biased here...

Welcome.

Never give anyone your credit card to negotiate a price.. \"To show you are serious??\" Really, if you are in their showroom, you should be taken seriously..

Make the trek up to Richmond Hill to Avante, ask for Jeff. I will take good care of you.

mypatpat
09-02-2005, 11:24 AM
Thx for all of your replies.

I\'ll drop by sometime next week Jeff, thx.

Whos ur dadd
09-02-2005, 11:47 AM
I meant you\'ll need those to BUY the car, given that once you\'ve driven it, you\'re going to buy it.

Jeff-TheBiz
09-02-2005, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by Whos ur dadd

I meant you\'ll need those to BUY the car, given that once you\'ve driven it, you\'re going to buy it.

Good point, I was just making sure his decision is his, and not his salesperson\'s... :D

Jeff-TheBiz
09-11-2005, 10:31 PM
Update....

Turns out the decision was \"mypatpat\"s

Another order placed with Jeff @ avante..

Thanx again Patrick. I will keep you up to date. :D

mypatpat
09-12-2005, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by TheBiz

Update....

Turns out the decision was \"mypatpat\"s

Another order placed with Jeff @ avante..

Thanx again Patrick. I will keep you up to date. :D

And thank you for making it an easy decision for me.

I look forward to your call for delivery ;)