PDA

View Full Version : Mirror Spider problems

ariini
09-03-2005, 08:27 PM
I\'ve had a spider problem with all of my cars - now including my mz3; I know that it\'s where I park by some bushes and it\'s damp (I can\'t change spots).

In the past I\'ve sprayed spider killer stuff in behind the sideview mirrors.. I\'m just wondering if that stuff is safe for the heated/electronic mirrors, wiring and what not.

If not - any other suggestions.

bubba1983
09-04-2005, 07:23 AM
if the mirror is safe for rain and watnot, then spray can stuff can\'t hurt..

Ex-Rolla
09-04-2005, 02:56 PM
If you\'re really worried about it, I would recommend doing some research on the chemicals used in the product to ensure that it would not corrode plastic.

ariini
09-04-2005, 09:13 PM
thanks.. you\'re right - i should research - i didn\'t worry too much about my last cars, but i guess i should read the labels and ensure it\'s not corrosive, or what not.

i\'m sure there\'s some organic thing i could use too.

Illmatic
09-04-2005, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by ariini

I\'ve had a spider problem with all of my cars - now including my mz3; I know that it\'s where I park by some bushes and it\'s damp (I can\'t change spots).

In the past I\'ve sprayed spider killer stuff in behind the sideview mirrors.. I\'m just wondering if that stuff is safe for the heated/electronic mirrors, wiring and what not.

If not - any other suggestions.

I have the same problem! Every morning I get up there is a fresh spiderweb on my side mirrors. I usually just take a pressure washer to it to try and flush it out.

ariini
09-04-2005, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by Illmatic

I have the same problem! Every morning I get up there is a fresh spiderweb on my side mirrors. I usually just take a pressure washer to it to try and flush it out.

ha! i thought i was the only one.. are they on or in.. because these green buggers actually are living inside my side mirror.

mEtH
09-05-2005, 01:05 AM
yours are green? The only spiders I see are white

jdanielsg
09-05-2005, 10:23 AM
spider killer spray ? TELL ME I live in Ottawa and for some reason even condos here have lots of spiders if there is a specific spray tell me more thanks

ariini
09-05-2005, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by jdanielsg

spider killer spray ? TELL ME I live in Ottawa and for some reason even condos here have lots of spiders if there is a specific spray tell me more thanks

same place you get bug killer - like RAID... but I\'ve used one specifically for spiders, can\'t recall the brand.. usually though the one for ants/roaches also works on spiders..

oh and yah my spiders are green :(

wtom
09-06-2005, 02:08 PM
I thought I was the only one too with a spider problem and my 3!!! At least twice a week I see a spider or two on or in my car! That or a line or two of their webbing... wtf! I haven\'t done anything to prevent spiders though ... but hell annoying walking into a line. My spiders are white coloured. :D

TheProfessor
09-06-2005, 02:40 PM
I used to have a similar problem on my first Civic and nothing I did got rid of them. I tried spraying water really hard in the housing, sprayed buy spray, etc. and nothing. The ones I had were a very light green.

Yuk, all this spider talk has me grossed out.

Broli
09-08-2005, 09:35 AM
arg
i get spiders too!
in fact i find that all sorts of bugs and spiders are attracted to the orange car,
never happened to me b4 with other cars . . .

Junior
09-13-2005, 10:14 PM
dont worry guys, they\'ll die in the winter

SABIO
09-14-2005, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by Juniordont worry guys, they\'ll die in the winter

Except the spiders that get into your car.... onto your clothes. You bring them into the house unknowingly where they can breed freely. They crawl around everywhere. While your sitting on the sofa watching TV the dance in your hair and when you go to bed they get on your pillow and scurry across your face while you sleep. Into your nose and mouth... Yum.....

Broli
09-21-2005, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by SABIO

Originally posted by Juniordont worry guys, they\'ll die in the winter

Except the spiders that get into your car.... onto your clothes. You bring them into the house unknowingly where they can breed freely. They crawl around everywhere. While your sitting on the sofa watching TV the dance in your hair and when you go to bed they get on your pillow and scurry across your face while you sleep. Into your nose and mouth... Yum.....

maybe you\'ll get bit and develop super powers . . .

lol:D :p

JMAK74
09-21-2005, 08:36 PM
I have the spider problem too - some mornings it\'s like a herd of spiders (is that the correct term for a group of spiders???) decided to walk across my car and lay webs.

The latest one is the spider that resides in my car. Last time it decided to show face, I flicked it into the front airvent.

Hopefully (as Junior says) he\'ll \'be no more\' once winter hits.

SIDENOTE - spiders aren\'t so bad - in fact, having them around usually means you won\'t have a ton of flies residing in your house or car - however it does get a bit annoying - esp. when they bite.

JK

ariini
09-21-2005, 11:26 PM
i am a suck - i much prefer flies to creepy spiders - there was one on my door tonight - i crawled out hte passenger door. I really must go look into the spray asap.

Broli
09-22-2005, 01:32 AM
ok, i am a biatch when it come to almost all bugs and arachnids and stuff like that
so i was in the car with a girl, and there was a spider crawling on the sunroof area, so i close the sunroof but the spider makes it in, so i open it a bit
and the spider is on it, so the the girl is freakin out
so i am like, ok i\'ll take care of this, but i was a bit of a wuss, so i flicked it and i barely
hit it, so it fell straight down her shirt, it was hilarious
she screamed and jumped out of the car at the light, and started to shake the spider from her breasts

i told her i would get it but i don\'t think she heard me
i held traffic up while she flailed on the street!

lol

woops!:hoho

_naz
11-04-2005, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by Broli

ok, i am a biatch when it come to almost all bugs and arachnids and stuff like that
so i was in the car with a girl, and there was a spider crawling on the sunroof area, so i close the sunroof but the spider makes it in, so i open it a bit
and the spider is on it, so the the girl is freakin out
so i am like, ok i\'ll take care of this, but i was a bit of a wuss, so i flicked it and i barely
hit it, so it fell straight down her shirt, it was hilarious
she screamed and jumped out of the car at the light, and started to shake the spider from her breasts

i told her i would get it but i don\'t think she heard me
i held traffic up while she flailed on the street!

lol

woops!:hoho
oops didnt mean to send a PM
but that\'s a funny story lol

wtom
04-27-2006, 02:40 PM
The bastards are back! Had a fat 1-incher (from leg to leg) crawling down my windshield while I was driving this morning.

Cardinal Fang
04-27-2006, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by wtom

The bastards are back! Had a fat 1-incher (from leg to leg) crawling down my windshield while I was driving this morning.

Please tell me you didn\'t scream like a girl on a date with majic.

wtom
04-27-2006, 05:07 PM
^^^ I jumped enough to smack the wipers on :D

ariini
04-27-2006, 11:24 PM
they are back for me too :(
inside my car on my bag i hit it off and it disappeared somewhere under my floormat.
i\'m afraid it might crawl out of somewhere while i\'m driving and surprise me tomorrow.