PDA

View Full Version : LCD in the hatch?

Broli
09-05-2005, 03:58 AM
do you think that if I mounted a flip screen in the hatch it would stay securly there
i was thinking of cutting part of the plastic trim on the inside of the hatch
mounting a flipscreen there, so that when the hatch is opened and u flip the screen u
could see whatever i am watching

well i was chillin with a friend and it was late (ie 45 mins ago)
and we were trying to figure where to put this other screen i have
and then this idea came into our heads

??

TheProfessor
09-05-2005, 10:02 AM
You could do that but wouldn\'t you prefer to be able to see the screen while in the car? Unless of course this is for shows, then yeah, it sounds like it would work fine.

Broli
09-06-2005, 11:09 AM
I have a screen that i can see in the car,
but i have noticed that when chillin with friends there is not
always enough room in th car for everyone
so people are chilling outside leaning in thru the window
so i figured, hmmm maybe another screen?

true!, if i enter some shows next year, it would be cool
:p

TheProfessor
09-06-2005, 01:23 PM
In that case I say go for it! I\'ve seen it done before in magazines and at shows, but never on a 3.

Broli
09-06-2005, 01:51 PM
haha, i posted expecting to get talked out of it!

i shoulda know the opposite would happen!

lol

i guess i am just looking for a reasonably priced screen now!

:p

chimp
10-15-2005, 04:19 AM
hey
i\'m stuck at work right now but on the thoughts of a tv in the hatch try and find a picture of the planet audio mazda 3 hatch. when the hatch is open the base of the 3rd brake light has a custom fiberglass pod thing with 3 tvs\' in it which can only be viewed when the hatch is opened up. looks pretty sweet actually. now i\'m like 99% sure it was by planet audio the one i was thinking of was yellow and blue car

Broli
10-16-2005, 06:18 PM
thanx man i will check for it!

chimp
10-16-2005, 09:20 PM
i saw the pic in a copy of PAS mag. i\'ll flip through the stack of them and hopefully i can find it and scan it in to show you...i\'ll find it its at the bottom of the left hand page if my memory correct.

Broli
10-17-2005, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by chimp

i saw the pic in a copy of PAS mag. i\'ll flip through the stack of them and hopefully i can find it and scan it in to show you...i\'ll find it its at the bottom of the left hand page if my memory correct.

lol

that is pretty specific!

lol

i hope u do find it!

chinsterr
10-25-2005, 09:42 PM
Jeff, the owner of lockdown (well, at least i think hes the owner) drives a p5 with a huge flip down screen. Maybe you should talk to him / check out his ride. I saw it during the summer, it was pretty sweet. I think it might have been a 20\" ? or bigger

Chinsterr

Broli
10-26-2005, 02:33 AM
yeah when i get some time i am gonna pop by lockdown!

it has been my intention, but damn school!!