PDA

View Full Version : considering a Mazda3 Sport GT

UncleIstvan
09-06-2005, 04:45 PM
hello all,

i\\\'m in the market for a new car and the Mazda 3 has made the short list. ( it\\\'s actually a toss up between that and the Subaru Impreza 2.5i Wagon). there\\\'s a couple questions i have about the mazda that i thought someone here might be able to answer.

when i go and build and price a 3 GT on the website it will not allow me to add a MP3 player with the Lux Package. anyone know why?

also....reading a little in this forum has me concerned about the gas milage. is the car really that bad on gas?

Unc

Jeff-TheBiz
09-06-2005, 05:16 PM
The stereo unit in the luxury package comes with a in dash 6 cd changer... you can\'t combine a mp3 player or mini disc player with the 6 pack.

Gimme a call when you are ready..

Jeff

(905) 780-9999
Avante Mazda.

TheProfessor
09-06-2005, 05:27 PM
Doesn\'t the Mazda5 offer an MP3 6-disc changer? Why not include it for the 3?

cphowitzer
09-06-2005, 06:33 PM
Im also looking for an M3 2006 with these specs:

- Cooper Red / Black Mica
- 2006 M3 GT Sport Hatchy
- Leather, AC, Moonroof
- Pref. Auto Tranny

Thing is Im very price sensitive, and if the tag is too steep, I will be forced to buy something less expensive. Wouldn\'t want to buy an M3 with less options though... :sarc

Whats the app price + taxes and freight and everything...

iconicrocket
09-06-2005, 07:23 PM
Some of the options have changed but if you can get a 2006 for what people paid for a 2005 Hatch, then you\'re laughing. For $30 you can get dealer cost at CarCostCanada.com and work up from there.

Check in this thread for what some people paid to get an idea of what the ballpark figure is.

check this thread (http://torontomazda3.com/forum/read.php?TID=307)

UncleIstvan
09-06-2005, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by TheBiz

The stereo unit in the luxury package comes with a in dash 6 cd changer... you can\'t combine a mp3 player or mini disc player with the 6 pack.

but can you substitute? cd changers are so 2002. :)

cphowitzer
09-07-2005, 10:56 AM
hehe i think your best option will be plugging in your IPOD... Because non-stock mp3 systems look insanely off on an M3.

UncleIstvan
09-07-2005, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by cphowitzer

hehe i think your best option will be plugging in your IPOD... Because non-stock mp3 systems look insanely off on an M3.

i can believe that. thats why im wondering about the stock MP3 player for the M3.

thanks though.

cphowitzer
09-07-2005, 11:55 AM
would you be willing to pay an extra 1k for the MP3 system when you got the 6cd changer?

An MP3 disk fits in about 6-7 albums, and the CDchanger is basically the same with 1 album on each disk for a total of 6... So in the longrun its the same thing, without the complication of folders, fast scroll, etc etc, plus you save the $$ of getting the mp3 player.

UncleIstvan
09-07-2005, 12:34 PM

would you be willing to pay an extra 1k for the MP3 system when you got the 6cd changer?

An MP3 disk fits in about 6-7 albums, and the CDchanger is basically the same with 1 album on each disk for a total of 6... So in the longrun its the same thing, without the complication of folders, fast scroll, etc etc, plus you save the $$ of getting the mp3 player.

the mp3 player is $1000!!??! thats more than a little f\'ing crazy.

oh well. the reason i\'m stuck on the mp3 player is that i\'ve had one for the last three years and have quite the collection ( if i do say so myself ) and i havent bought a cd in a long, long time.

.....and yeah i know i can burn the mp3\'s to cd but jeez, i already have a job.

Acro
09-16-2005, 11:18 AM
The MP3 player is NOT $1000. That\'s outrageous. I was at the Markville dealer and he quoted me $650 INCLUDING tax.

I asked about the MD and he told me that MD and he told me that Minidisc will be more than the MP3 player, and you ONLY will have MD. No CD, which is bogus. Who\'d ONLY want to listen to MP3. It would only make sense to have both on the console.

Originally posted by UncleIstvan

the mp3 player is $1000!!??! thats more than a little f\'ing crazy.

oh well. the reason i\'m stuck on the mp3 player is that i\'ve had one for the last three years and have quite the collection ( if i do say so myself ) and i havent bought a cd in a long, long time.

.....and yeah i know i can burn the mp3\'s to cd but jeez, i already have a job.