PDA

View Full Version : Pick up my new baby tomorrow.

Nuno416
09-06-2005, 08:16 PM
Hi all,

Just wanted to let you know that I\'ll be a happy member of the Mazda 3 owners club by tomorrow at 3pm.

Went to Dufferin Mazda for a test-drive on Thursday of last week, negotations on Friday / Saturday and tomorrow I\'ll be the proud owner of a silver (not my first colour choice, but I would have had to wait at least a couple of weeks for a Indigo Blue) 2005 Mazda 3 Sport GT, with A/C (still not quite sure why in order to get the moonroof you need the A/C option as well) and moonroof. Paying $28,200 (freight, taxes, etc. in) for it.

I went in to to sign the final paperwork tonight and got a final test drive in MY car. Although it looked like it had been sitting outside in a dusty parking lot for at least a couple of weeks, I stepped in and it only had 10km on it. I was very surprised but the sales guy also let me take it out by myself. Luckily I\'ve been reading the \"break-in period\" threads, so I put another 7.5km of hard-drivin\', shifting through all the gears @ 6,500rpm (except for 5th, couldn\'t get it past 120 on side streets!) on it.

We\'ll see how it does in the long run. I figure, it\'s better to drive it hard right from the beginning, which is how I\'ll usually be driving it, at least if something breaks it\'s Mazda paying for it. After all, I didn\'t get the extended warranty for an extra couple of years for nothing.

Post some photos tomorrow.

DeLaY_NoMoRe
09-06-2005, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by Nuno416
2005 Mazda 3 Sport GT, with A/C (still not quite sure why in order to get the moonroof you need the A/C option as well) and moonroof. Paying $28,200 (freight, taxes, etc. in) for it.

Why would have prefered a moonroof over an A/C!? :p
BTW, is urs manual or auto? It seems a little bit pricey......if it\'s a manual, u should\'ve get it @ $27,000ish.....

TheProfessor
09-07-2005, 12:21 AM
That price is high if it\'s not an auto, especially considering it\'s an \'05. No matter, as long as you\'re happy that\'s all that matters. You\'ll love the car.......welcome to TM3!

Nuno416
09-08-2005, 12:00 AM
I got it. I drove it all afternoon and night and I think it\'s worth every single penny I paid for it. You couldn\'t wipe the smile off my face tonight!

TheProfessor
09-08-2005, 12:15 AM
Sounds like a familiar experience!

jimdragon8
09-08-2005, 10:26 AM
Congrats Nuno416,

Silver wasn\'t my first choice in colour either, but once I saw that Silver in Dash kit on it i was hooked. Plus it can be really dusty and still not look very dirty!! :D I hope to see you around, a fellow Silver Mazda 3!!

Have fun!

MAZDA Kitten
09-08-2005, 01:35 PM
Im not a huge huge fan of silver cars... but.. BUT*.. the Mazda3\'s pull the silver off very nicely. I love how it looks; if I knew then what I know now I think the silver wouldve been my 2nd choice (white was my first) :D

Nuno416
09-08-2005, 04:09 PM
That\'s one of the reasons I settled for silver. My first choices were Indigo Blue, Black, White. Those are all colours that show dirt pretty easily. It poured this morning and besides a few water spots, it still looks pretty clean.

My only complaint so far, and this has been mentioned quite a bit in other threads, is the brake dust. After only 100kms, my rear rims were more black than gray. Front rims were a bit dirty, but not quite as much. I sure hope this improves once the discs are worn in a bit, because I really hate dirty rims but I\'m not really into having to clean them on a daily basis. Can anyone comment?

Other than that, I got a couple of paint chips from pebbles/road dirt in the first 10km from the dealer to my house, which I wasn\'t too happy about, but oh well, it can\'t be new forever! Anyone got any tips for touch-ups?

BTW, I want to thank all the members of this forum. I must have read 200+ threads before making my final decision, and your knowledge and the fact that I have yet to see a post saying that they were unhappy with their M3, was invaluable in my decision process.