PDA

View Full Version : Lockdown Compustar remote starter

FLIPDADY
09-07-2005, 07:50 AM
Hello Everyone

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up about what we offer for Remote Starters here at LOCKDOWN Enterprises Inc. We offer COMPUSTAR product which works 100% SAFELY on both AUTO and MANUAL vehicles.

We also use ONLY KEYLESS bypass modules, which means that you DO NOT give up an extra key when having one of these systems installed. Our module is manufactured by BYPASSKITS.com, and will integrate with your factory immobiliser with no effects on the integrity of the system.

Our INSTALLED price for the COMPUSTAR 1W-AMS remote starter with 2 transmitters and over 1500 feet of range, including the bypass module and the MERCURY HOODPIN (this is pictured with the Mazda remote start picture in the above threads) is:

$264.99 plus applicable taxes.

Please feel free to contact us with any questions you may have, we would love to hear from you.

Regards

Jeff Bates
LOCKDOWN Enterprises Inc.

wtom
09-16-2005, 03:16 PM
What the heck?

majic
09-16-2005, 03:24 PM
ahahah.. split personality? :p

S.F.W.
09-16-2005, 03:31 PM
I agree, what the heck is going on...

RedRaptor
09-16-2005, 03:50 PM
Lockdown posted in Joe\'s thread about the OEM Remote Starter so Joe deleted his post and made a new post out of it.

iconicrocket
09-16-2005, 03:50 PM
Yeah, thats weird.

I think there\'s a logical explanation for this. Either someone got their account jacked or Lockdown ask Flipspeed to post for him.

majic
09-16-2005, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by RedRaptor

Lockdown posted in Joe\'s thread about the OEM Remote Starter so Joe deleted his post and made a new post out of it.

good eye :)

FLIPDADY
09-16-2005, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by RedRaptor

Bingo!

zRqTz
10-11-2005, 12:06 PM
Has anybody gone for this?

MazdaTree
10-11-2005, 01:21 PM
I have a computerstar, If you looking for a pager alarm its the way to go....:)

swales
10-11-2005, 02:22 PM
I highly recommend the compustar (and Jeff installing it). It\'s cheaper then the oem Mazda one and has better features :D

LOCKDOWN-P5
10-11-2005, 02:39 PM
Hello Everyone

I noticed this post as well, was a little weirded out at first but assumed it was beacuse I had posted a reply in FLIPSPEED\'s post.

Just wanted to apologise to FLIPSPEED if I offended him in anyway, didn\'t mean to threadjack, just wanted to post regarding the availability of our systems as well and the pricing they were at for both 5speed Mazda3s and automatic Mazda3s.

Regards

Jeff Bates

FLIPDADY
10-11-2005, 03:00 PM
Hey no problem Jeff. Just thought I\'d save you the trouble of having to start a new thread over again.

jdanielsg
11-21-2005, 02:55 AM
Originally posted by LOCKDOWN-P5

Hello Everyone

I noticed this post as well, was a little weirded out at first but assumed it was beacuse I had posted a reply in FLIPSPEED\'s post.

Just wanted to apologise to FLIPSPEED if I offended him in anyway, didn\'t mean to threadjack, just wanted to post regarding the availability of our systems as well and the pricing they were at for both 5speed Mazda3s and automatic Mazda3s.

Regards

Jeff Bates

1. Just want to confirm that Compustar has you down as a authorised dealer installer for their prodcuts, therefore ensuring the lifetime warranty?

2. What is the best remote starter alarm system I can get for my car?

Thanks

Hanif
11-22-2005, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by jdanielsg

1. Just want to confirm that Compustar has you down as a authorised dealer installer for their prodcuts, therefore ensuring the lifetime warranty?

2. What is the best remote starter alarm system I can get for my car?

Thanks

I\'m also curious about the different remote starter/alarms available and the prices for them.

donaldtin
11-23-2005, 12:09 AM
yea... same here... interested to know wat\'s the difference between the different ones out there... from futureshop, some of them r like.. 99, some of them r 199 installed... so wat\'s good about the lcokdown one?? if it\'s worth it, i won\'t hestitate to get it done... but just explain to me first.. hehehe..

billyfo
11-23-2005, 06:29 PM
some low price remote starters, are only REMOTE STARTER:p , some mid-high price ones like Compustar include alarm and other features also.

Hanif
11-23-2005, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by billyfo

some low price remote starters, are only REMOTE STARTER:p , some mid-high price ones like Compustar include alarm and other features also.

I wouldn\'t trust those $99 remote starters.....cuz I believe in \'you get what you paid for\'....now i\'m not saying to buy the most expensive starter out there....just do your research first.

Having said that, I\'m gonna have to do just that soon...so far the drive to work and back isn\'t that bad (i.e. cold) yet....but it would be nice to have it already warmed up :)

DeLaY_NoMoRe
11-23-2005, 10:36 PM
I am quiet interested on the remote starter thing also, since Mazda does not offer any OEM remote starter for MANUAL trans., so I gotta start looking around for alternatives. But AFAIK the starter for stick trans is configured much different and complicated than the ATX, here are few of my concerns:

* Originally, the clutch has to pressed in order to ignite the car. So with the remote starter installed, will this step be bypassed as well? I mean occasionally I would shift-in the gear instead of pulling the handbrake when my car is parked, in case I did that again later, will the car still be remote started even the gear was shifted in (coz that will definitely became a SHIET for me!:D )

* Will the electronic immobilizer be preserved after the installation? or will it be bypassed? Since the immobilizer is to be designed to prevent the car to start without the original key.

Thanks.

donaldtin
11-23-2005, 11:28 PM
yet and another newbie question... wat\'s one way starter and wat\'s two way starter??

Hanif
11-24-2005, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by donaldtin

yet and another newbie question... wat\'s one way starter and wat\'s two way starter??

My educated guess is that a one-way starter is like the remotes you get with the car...you can press any buttons and only send signals TO the car.

On the other hand, with two-way starters (also referred to as pager)....you press any buttons to send signals TO you car but also get confirmation back FROM the car that is has done whatever you pressed.

That\'s my educated guess on what the difference is...perhaps someone else can verify

jdanielsg
12-28-2005, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by LOCKDOWN-P5

Hello Everyone

Regards

Jeff Bates

I got my FM900 done at Jeff\'s, so far so good.