PDA

View Full Version : Well, heading to Avante for my first oil change

oroboru
09-09-2005, 02:07 PM
Well, I\'ve had my car for a little while now, and it\'s reached the magical (according to my salesperson) 4000-ish KM mark, so it\'s ready for some new oily lovin. Was going to take it in last week, but man, they were busy, busy, and could only get an appointment for tomorrow. Of course, I keep forgetting probably everyone in Markham goes there, seeing how Markham Mazda is getting less than stellar reviews (I get a chuckle every time I see their commerical; oh yes the 2002 Sales Leader award really impresses a viewer in 2005).

I\'m looking forward to seeing what the team at Avante can do, and just how quickly they can do it. I\'ll probably go around and cause some trouble too... =)

TheProfessor
09-09-2005, 03:13 PM
What time you gonna be there? I should be there with the wife....we\'ll hopefully be putting a deposit down on a 3 with Jeff (if we can decide on a colour :hoho ).

bubba1983
09-09-2005, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by PSIVIC

What time you gonna be there? I should be there with the wife....we\'ll hopefully be putting a deposit down on a 3 with Jeff (if we can decide on a colour :hoho ).

TI GREY lolo

TheProfessor
09-09-2005, 03:45 PM
Not gonna get the Ti Grey.......if, and that\'s a big if, I were to stray away from white or black I would go with Sunlight Silver!

oroboru
09-09-2005, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by PSIVIC

Please, I\'m beggin\' ya.. no more Ti Grey. My friend and I are sick of seeing them everyone... what\'s wrong with Red, dammit? :)

I have an appointment at 2:30 pm, so if I can figure out where the waiting area is, look for the guy with textbooks.

TheProfessor
09-09-2005, 05:53 PM
Will do, though I think we wanted to go earlier on in the day.

Jeff-TheBiz
09-10-2005, 12:43 PM
Hey don\'t forget to stop by my office and say hi....

TheProfessor
09-10-2005, 10:28 PM
I was there today and met Optimizer from the club, and Jeff told me that I just missed oroboru....oh well, hopefully at the next meet.

Optimzer
09-11-2005, 08:11 PM
nice to meet you! I was getting my service...she was purring quite nicely. Too bad I\'m in St Charles for 2 weeks without the ride..

Optimzer
09-11-2005, 08:14 PM
oh yeah - I was in and out in under an hour - as promised by the service desk mngr. It wasn\'t a big job but hey at least it was a good start!

Jeff-TheBiz
09-11-2005, 10:29 PM
Nice seeing you, But I still didnt get a chance to check out your car.. Way too busy on a saturday to socialize...

RedRaptor
09-11-2005, 10:51 PM
Hey Jeff,

I\'ll be there at Avante this coming Saturday (Sept. 17th) at 11AM for my oil change as well. Hopefully you\'ll have sometime to chat and talk a little car...and of course have my little refferal cheque ready. :p

See you then.

Red.

Optimzer
09-12-2005, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by Optimzer

oh yeah - I was in and out in under an hour - as promised by the service desk mngr. It wasn\'t a big job but hey at least it was a good start!

no worries - avante is the place to be on a Sat afternoon! :p

Jeff-TheBiz
09-12-2005, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by RedRaptor

Hey Jeff,

I\'ll be there at Avante this coming Saturday (Sept. 17th) at 11AM for my oil change as well. Hopefully you\'ll have sometime to chat and talk a little car...and of course have my little refferal cheque ready. :p

See you then.

Red.

Ofcourse... Look forward to meeting you...

And the referral... done. trade you for a large double double.. :) just kidding.. well not really.;)

RedRaptor
09-12-2005, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by TheBiz
Ofcourse... Look forward to meeting you...
And the referral... done. trade you for a large double double.. :) just kidding.. well not really.;)

Sounds like a good trade to me. :D

See you then!

Red.

oroboru
09-12-2005, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by TheBiz

Hey don\'t forget to stop by my office and say hi....

Dude, I wanted to say hi, but you were so busy that day it was nuts. But I did see you, and I\'m under the impression that you at least knew I was keeping an eye on you. I hope that guy liked his new Mazda 5; I dig the red colour, though I like the franchise blue/green for the Mazda 5 better. You were paged like 3 times while showing him how the features worked in the car. For the record, I was the 6\' 2\" Chinese guy moping around the sales floor with a book in his hands, and, according to my brother, shifting the RX-8 gears too loudly.

Well, as expected the oil change itself was relatively uneventful, which is a good thing BTW. Got in around 2-ish, dropped my car off after chatting with the receptionist, who I must say was looking slick in her suit that day :), and looked for Jeff (equally dapper), who was busy, as mentioned, so I took a look around the dealership, starting off with examining the new colours for the 2006 Mazda 3. The Red Copper does look pretty sweet, but in daylight it doesn\'t look as slick as the Orange does. The Pearl White was kind of... well, lets just say it didn\'t look that different from Rally White.

The building itself was really neat though; a nice combination of sleek interior with the industrial sector look. Definetly reminds me of more upscale dealerships, and definetly better than that of Ontario Mazda, and from what I can see, Morningside and Markham.

I certainly enjoyed all the windows allow for panoramic views of pretty much all the service bays, except for the big service area (I think it was directly behind the service counter). The Avante brand water was a nice touch, though I did not partake in any. The coffee was, apparently, not that hot; I take this at face value from my brother as I don\'t drink coffee... *pulls Evil Monkey finger pointing routine*.

So all in all, a pretty quiet experience, which was what I was looking for; at least there weren\'t any outbursts of pissed off customers.

rob_444
09-12-2005, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by oroboru
Well, I\'ve had my car for a little while now, and it\'s reached the magical (according to my salesperson) 4000-ish KM mark, so it\'s ready for some new oily lovin.

Just curious here... doesnt the owners manual and specs say to change the oil every 8,000 kms?? Ive had 1 at 8K and just had 2nd at 16K last week, with absolutely no problems.

Isnt getting then at 4K intervals just a case of being extra-extra-extra safe, and creating un-necessary business for the service dept?

majic
09-12-2005, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by rob_444

Well, I\'ve had my car for a little while now, and it\'s reached the magical (according to my salesperson) 4000-ish KM mark, so it\'s ready for some new oily lovin.

Just curious here... doesnt the owners manual and specs say to change the oil every 8,000 kms?? Ive had 1 at 8K and just had 2nd at 16K last week, with absolutely no problems.

Isnt getting then at 4K intervals just a case of being extra-extra-extra safe, and creating un-necessary business for the service dept?

8K is sufficient.. IMO, 4K is a waste of $ especially if you go to a dealer and get it done there..

Jeff-TheBiz
09-12-2005, 12:45 PM
Dude, I wanted to say hi, but you were so busy that day it was nuts.

Just a normal Saturday...

Next time... Thanks again for droppin by,

oroboru
09-12-2005, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by rob_444

Well actually, Danielle told me to get it at 4,000 for the first 2 times, then 8,000 every time afterwards, so I\'m basically doing one more than actually scheduled.