PDA

View Full Version : FREE oil changes...

bubu416
09-14-2005, 01:31 PM
Hey all,

I\'ve got a few \"free\" oil changes when the car was negotiated. Anybody here knows if that means Absolutely FREE? Meaning a walk-in, walk-out, or are there hidden charges I should be aware of?

Thanks if any1 can shed some light.

FLIPDADY
09-14-2005, 01:37 PM
Did you get some form of coupon booklet or something? If not I would phone the dealer and ask them for the details.

rob_444
09-14-2005, 01:42 PM
I got 2 \"free\" oil changes thrown in as part of my negotiations with Morningside Mazda. It was just writen on my final invoice.

And, i had my 8000 and 16000 oil changes done, which were both indeed free, no hidden costs.

Since i am no longer bound to Morningside now though, i may start heading to Avante for all my future service requirements! I hope they dont look down on me for not buying my car from them :)

SoopaBanana
09-14-2005, 01:44 PM
Hey I got the \"free oil changes\" from the sales too... The next thing I know Avante Mazda became Mazda of Toronto, and none of those were honoured...

FLIPDADY
09-14-2005, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by SoopaBanana

Hey I got the \"free oil changes\" from the sales too... The next thing I know Avante Mazda became Mazda of Toronto, and none of those were honoured...
Who was your salesman?

bubu416
09-14-2005, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by rob_444

I got 2 \"free\" oil changes thrown in as part of my negotiations with Morningside Mazda. It was just writen on my final invoice.

And, i had my 8000 and 16000 oil changes done, which were both indeed free, no hidden costs.

Since i am no longer bound to Morningside now though, i may start heading to Avante for all my future service requirements! I hope they dont look down on me for not buying my car from them :)

WOW, THANKS A BUNCH for the quick replies guys. :p

I got pretty much the same thing as you rob, the oil changes from Morningside, probably same way its written on the invoice.

So rob you the free oil change included all labour, parts, disposal fees right?

And John, they no longer grant your free oil changes? That Sux!
Btw, now that you said that, I\'m scared I might go thru da same thing, caz M/side will become Agincourt Mazda in Nov.

rob_444
09-14-2005, 02:37 PM
I got pretty much the same thing as you rob, the oil changes from Morningside, probably same way its written on the invoice.

So rob you the free oil change included all labour, parts, disposal fees right?

Yep, absolutely no cost. You just show your invoice to the service guy, and he\'ll record it on your service record. Its oil change ONLY though. No tire rotation or anything else, although i dont think you really need to get anything done besides oil until the 3rd servicing.

I\'m scared I might go thru da same thing, caz M/side will become Agincourt Mazda in Nov.
From what i can gather they are not changing ownership, just moving for the sake of moving. Their flyer says all business continues as normal, so i don\'t see any problems in cashing in your oil changes there.

SoopaBanana
09-14-2005, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by FLIPSPEED
Originally posted by SoopaBanana Hey I got the \"free oil changes\" from the sales too... The next thing I know Avante Mazda became Mazda of Toronto, and none of those were honoured... Who was your salesman?

Alex Mow I think. Great guy, called me after 2 weeks to make sure everything\'s going well...

bubu416
09-14-2005, 04:22 PM
But you can\'t get it back from Avante at their new location??

Maybe Flipspeed can help.

Jeff-TheBiz
09-14-2005, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by rob_444

Promise to stop by and say hi when you come in...

My office is way in the back..

Jeff

Jeff-TheBiz
09-14-2005, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by SoopaBanana

Originally posted by FLIPSPEED
Originally posted by SoopaBanana Hey I got the \"free oil changes\" from the sales too... The next thing I know Avante Mazda became Mazda of Toronto, and none of those were honoured... Who was your salesman?

Alex Mow I think. Great guy, called me after 2 weeks to make sure everything\'s going well...

Soopa,

Bring in you bill of sale, I will make sure you get em..

Jeff

bluntman
09-14-2005, 06:28 PM
Hey, when did this start? I bought mine in February 2004 from Alex as well when he/Avante was at the Yonge & Steeles location.

MAZDA Kitten
09-14-2005, 11:54 PM
I was promised a couple of \'free\' oil changes... but then again its ONTARIO MAZDA...LOL!!!