PDA

View Full Version : one piece strut tower bar

mwaters
09-15-2005, 09:03 AM
Does anyone know of a solid strut tower bar available for the 3?

bluntman
09-15-2005, 10:30 AM
OMP, Vibrant, Mazdaspeed, AutoExe to name a few.

mwaters
09-15-2005, 12:05 PM
Thanks! Vibrant and OMP look like adjustable bars. The Mazdaspeed bar is nice and the autoexe is too expensive and way too much hardware for what I need.

majic
09-15-2005, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by mwaters

too expensive and way too much hardware for what I need.

you don\'t NEED one.. i haven\'t heard ppl\'s reviews on the strut bars but i would imagine it\'s a lot of placebo effect :( (based on how tight the front already is)

mwaters
09-15-2005, 12:25 PM
I was thinking the same thing when I was looking at pics of the bars and how close the strut towers are to the firewall.

I had a TRD one piece on my rolla before buying the 3 and it made big difference. The suspension set up of the two cars are much different with the rolla being much softer.

Does anyone that have strut bars on have any comments? Does the front feel tigher with the bar?

FLIPDADY
09-15-2005, 01:12 PM
I just received a few Vibrant strut bars. If you want one they\'re $80 plus tax.

TheProfessor
09-15-2005, 01:16 PM
When I had my Civic I had the front upper bar and all it did was tighten up the steering a bit, other than that, not much. I also had the rear lower bar which unfortunately made no difference whatsoever.

bluntman
09-15-2005, 01:46 PM
I have the OMP bar and I will admit that, as majic said, it\'s a placebo effect. A rear sway bar would probably be of more use than a strut tower brace...it sure looks nice though!

SABIO
09-15-2005, 01:59 PM
This was hard to find. Buried back on page 2

http://torontomazda3.com/forum/read.php?TID=3159

http://torontomazda3.com/forum/read.php?TID=3141

mwaters
09-15-2005, 02:34 PM
Thanks Sabio. I had seen those pics when I did my search, I like the blue/stickers.

If I\'m going to get a bar I would like to get a one piece (solid, not adjustable). Looks the Mazdaspeed strut bar is a one piece. Does anyone have this? Can it be ordered through the dealers? Any other shops which may carry the Mazdaspeed parts?

el squid
09-16-2005, 01:23 AM
an STB isnt going to do much if it isnt connected to the firewall. i put one in my \'01 mustang gt and it made a not so noticeable difference, albeit, they are still pretty cool

http://www.mustangmods.com/data/4011/stb_in_engine.jpeg

SABIO
09-16-2005, 01:32 AM
Originally posted by el squidA STB isnt going to do much if it isnt connected to the firewall. i put one in my \'01 mustang gt and it made a not so noticeable difference

Please... Don\'t compare the Weak Fox chassis design to the Mazda 3. A mustang needs braces everywhere just so it won\'t creak and rattle down the road.

el squid
09-16-2005, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by SABIO

Originally posted by el squidA STB isnt going to do much if it isnt connected to the firewall. i put one in my \'01 mustang gt and it made a not so noticeable difference

Please... Don\'t compare the Weak Fox chassis design to the Mazda 3. A mustang needs braces everywhere just so it won\'t creak and rattle down the road.

\'01 mustang isn\'t fox chassis, and if it were so weak, the STB would have made a huge difference. i had the mustang for 2 years and had no squeaks or rattles. the suspension on the mustang is very simple design and i agree the chassis on the mazda may be tighter, therefore the need for an STB would be negligable.

billyfo
09-16-2005, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by FLIPSPEED

I just received a few Vibrant strut bars. If you want one they\'re $80 plus tax.

damn, you make me to spend more now after JDM parts, evil. j/k:D

reserve me for one, Joe.

FLIPDADY
09-17-2005, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by billyfo

Originally posted by FLIPSPEED

damn, you make me to spend more now after JDM parts, evil. j/k:D

reserve me for one, Joe.
No problem billy! Just wait till you come in, I gurantee you\'ll spend more money!:p

bluntman
09-17-2005, 10:17 AM
http://www.backwardglances.com/images/pimp%20hat.jpg
FLIPSPEED = JDM Pimp

TheProfessor
09-18-2005, 10:11 AM
^^^ :D