akherad
09-26-2005, 02:12 PM
Hi

My Mazda3 has a trip computer. According to User Manual, it has 4 modes:

1. Average Fuel Consumption
2. Current Fuel consumption
3. Average Speed
4. Distance you can drive till the fuel tank gets empty

the first 3 options work great. but I cannot get the 4th one working. it just displayes nothing as distance that I can drive with current fuel I have. I have gone through User Guide and found no solution. :(

Do I miss something to make it functional? Any help will be appreciated.

Thx
-Ali

Jeff-TheBiz
09-27-2005, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by akherad

Hi

3. Average Speed

the first 3 options work great. but I cannot get the 4th one working. it just displayes nothing as distance that I can drive with current fuel I have. I have gone through User Guide and found no solution. :(

Thx
-Ali

Just checked with Mazda, and they say that this function is not working on the Canadian Models due to a \"programming\" issue. I am told that they are working on it..

Jeff

akherad
09-27-2005, 09:59 AM
Just checked with Mazda, and they say that this function is not working on the Canadian Models due to a \"programming\" issue. I am told that they are working on it..

Thanks a lot for following that up. Now at least I know why this happens. I look forward to hearing from Mazda with a solution for this issue. As soon as I hear from them, I post it here.

Thanks a lot,

-Ali

TheProfessor
09-27-2005, 10:03 AM
Oh man, that was the feature I was looking forward to the most with respect to the trip computer :(

akherad
09-27-2005, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by PSIVIC

Oh man, that was the feature I was looking forward to the most with respect to the trip computer :(

Yeah, :( I suppose they have to find a solution for this issue. That was one of the reasons I got Mazda3 2006 (with %5.9 Interest rate). Otherwise I could get a 2005 with 0% interest rate. :(

Ali

Jeff-TheBiz
09-27-2005, 11:15 AM
Until they find a fix.. drive the car until it stops and then... you need gas.

akherad
09-27-2005, 11:18 AM
:D I do, I do. :)

You know? I\'m kind of disappointed because they advertise this feature without telling us that they have an issue there. Although I\'m really happy with my car, when I see a feature (Specially an attractive and cool one) doesn\'t work, I feel bad.

Let\'s hope they find a fix soon. :)

:sarc

-Ali

TheProfessor
09-27-2005, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by TheBiz

Until they find a fix.. drive the car until it stops and then... you need gas.

I knew somebody was gonna say that, and since you\'re such a comedian lately, I guess it makes sense it was you :p

mypatpat
09-27-2005, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by TheBiz

Hi

3. Average Speed

Thx
-Ali

Jeff

So this will eventually become a recall of a sort?

Jeff-TheBiz
09-27-2005, 01:55 PM
So this will eventually become a recall of a sort?

Not likely a recall, more of a Flash (programming to be done at first or second service etc)

akherad
09-27-2005, 03:10 PM
Just an Update,

i just called the dealer (M of T) and they asked me to go there so they can take a look @ that. I don\'t know if I can go there soon (I\'m terribly busy) but if I do, I\'ll post the result here.

-Ali:) :sarc

akherad
09-28-2005, 07:36 AM
Hi,

I went to visit \"M of T\" and they don\'t know about the problem yet. they are doing an investigation for now and as soon as they hear from Mazda Canada or find a fix, they will call me. I\'ll keep you updated on this.

-Ali:zzz

Jeff-TheBiz
09-29-2005, 10:13 AM

Hi,

I went to visit \"M of T\" and they don\'t know about the problem yet. they are doing an investigation for now and as soon as they hear from Mazda Canada or find a fix, they will call me. I\'ll keep you updated on this.

-Ali:zzz

Told ya... :D just kidding...

cebo0650
10-04-2005, 05:51 PM
Hey Jeff,
Is it possible to order the needed parts and install the trip computer and temperature sensor into an \'04?

Jeff-TheBiz
11-08-2005, 06:43 PM
Check this out...

TRIP FIX... (http://torontomazda3.com/forum/read.php?TID=4185)