PDA

View Full Version : Entire GT-Spec Line up

chimp
10-04-2005, 12:25 AM
hey ya\'ll
I\'ve landed a Sponsorship from GT-Spec Suspension (www.gtspec.com)
anyway i have every part they offer on the way to me. i\'m going to try and get photo\'s of each peice during the install. Also I will be at Importfest if anyone wants to see the stuff first hand. i think i\'ll have the car on something with mirrors under the car to give a better view.
i\'ll keep u posted and hopefully get a full review for all of you on there products

Keith

whodilly
10-04-2005, 02:20 AM
sweet deal! Love to check out the bottom frame brace. Looks heavy duty! I would rather have it on my car than NOT on my car.

TheProfessor
10-04-2005, 08:23 AM
If you install every one of their parts available for the 3 your car will literally handle like it\'s on rails!

SABIO
10-04-2005, 07:23 PM
well... I don\'t think all those parts are needed. I didn\'t know the 3 had a frame/body flex issue.

It has been 3 model years now and no one I know has complained that their car didn\'t handle well becuase the rear shock towers deflected 2 degrees under load.

This is a case of parts being made for a problem that dosen\'t exist.

If it was an old mustang or Camaro/Firebird... I\'d say great.. those cars were proven to need sub-frame support. Not the 3.

Make it... and they will Buy it....$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

bubba1983
10-04-2005, 11:19 PM
...but make it with a cheap price tag...and ill buy it...LOL

TheProfessor
10-05-2005, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by SABIO

well... I don\'t think all those parts are needed. I didn\'t know the 3 had a frame/body flex issue.

While the 3 does not suffer from a frame/body flex issue, there is always room for improvement. If you\'re willing to give up some comfort for the sake of an even more competent suspension then these parts may be of interest ;)

billyfo
10-05-2005, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by bubba1983

...but make it with a cheap price tag...and ill buy it...LOL

haha, I don\'t think it\'ll be happened. some members in M3F had organized GB and some parts were at least $250US.

chimp
10-13-2005, 03:23 AM
well folks
i picked all the stuff up yesterday at my shipping company in michigan then i put it all in last night late. well minus the strut tower brace since my new battery hasn\'t shown up yet. anyway i must say its some of the best fitting aftermarket parts i have ever put on any car. The mechanic that helped me with them, since he\'s my buddy, has been a mechanic for a long time said he has never put an aftermarket part on that easy before. As for the improvement in handling so far so good, i haven\'t had time to really hop on it and feel the different. the stuff went on the car really well and i will get some photo\'s and review asap.
as for price if there is some interest in some items let me know, i could possibly get a hold of the manager of the place and see what he could do for us. I know i have some flyers and some other handouts from GTSpec to hand out at Importfest.
So hopefully i can get some stuff up soon and I hope to show you all first hand the excellent items at Importfest. I\'ll have the car tilted and mirrors below so its all easy to see.
So far i\'m very happy and look forward to feild any questions that you all may have.

Later
Keith

SABIO
10-13-2005, 04:53 AM
Originally posted by chimp
*..anyway i must say its some of the best fitting aftermarket parts i have ever put on any car..* *..He has never put an aftermarket part on that easy before...*
*..the stuff went on the car really well...*
*..I hope to show you all first hand the excellent items at Importfest...*

How do the parts fit? Where they easy to install?
I can\'t wait for the un-biased review of his Free parts from his Sponsor.

chimp
10-13-2005, 07:25 PM
fitment was really good. actually it was impressed since there was absolutely no drilling required for anything. they had these pretty cool fasteners which went into some of the oval shaped holes in the bottom of the car which popped right in there and then u screwed the part to that. there were no instructions but non were really needed. all the parts really only fit in one spot so no confusion to put them in.
on the side of the review i will be totally honest, sponsor or not, i will only tell the true story. if i was here to be a salesman it would be diffenent but i\'m just writing as an enthusiast and will only report what i find, good or bad.

bear052303
10-22-2005, 02:20 PM
i picked all the stuff up yesterday at my shipping company in michigan then i put it all in last night late
all? you got the REAR upper strut bar too? from what i know is that it\'s not out yet

MazdaTree
10-22-2005, 08:03 PM
I saw the front strut bar on your car at importfest... do you feel a difference with that on?

chimp
10-26-2005, 01:45 AM
ok
so the rear upper strut bar isn\'t ready yet there for i don\'t have that. the other thing i don\'t have is the front lower tie brace since it only fits the 2.0l at the present time.
as for handling...its greatly improved, i can\'t make a statement to how much better the STB makes since i put all the 6 items i got at the same time. One item i would say makes a huge difference is the 4 point ladder brace. its screwed in to already threaded holes that were i swear designed by mazda for our cars to have a ladder brace but changed there mind. If anyone one is interested in a perticular part i\'ll call up the manager of the place and see if i can get a price set up. as of right now there is no CDN distributor but i have no problems getting the parts.
Keith

whodilly
11-03-2005, 06:09 PM
I would definitely be interested in some parts, especially the ladder brace and front strut bar. Please post some prices. How far is the drive to mich? :D