PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Mazda3 Sedan GT

DivineWind
10-04-2005, 10:14 PM
Hey there everyone. been away for awhile trying to decide between the 06 Civic Coupe and the 06 Mazda 3 GT.

Seems the only thing that seperates them is Fuel Economy and Safety for the Civic and Styling and Leather Seats for the Mazda3. MSRP is the same despite what others have posted (around 28K), Power is about the same SAE 140 Hp = Hub 138 HP, 160 HP - Hub 140 HP.

Just wondering Jeff. How much can you get me a Mazda 3 GT Black, with Luxury and GFX, plus leather wrapped steering wheel and rear spoiler for.

Thanks Alot.

TheProfessor
10-04-2005, 10:31 PM
Probably better off sending him an e-mail or PM. It\'s a tough call between the two cars, that\'s for sure. My only gripe with the Honda is that they won\'t likely be discounting them anytime soon, and I prefer to stay away from a car in it\'s first model year (typically there are more bugs and problems to deal with, though with Honda that shouldn\'t be too much of an issue).

EO MasivHerbs
10-04-2005, 10:36 PM
Listen to Psivic , he speaks the words of wisdom

DivineWind
10-04-2005, 11:49 PM
Thanx guys. PM has been sent. This i still gonna be a very tough decision. Hope Jeff can swing it over to the 3. Plus I actually like this support group thing that the mazda3 has.

Av8tor97
10-05-2005, 04:55 PM
Yeah, I am in exactly the same boat.
I test drove the Civic Coupe EX last night and I was
impressed in many ways. I would say the MZ3
was more \"fun\" to drive but as you mentioned the
Civic was safer, more fuel efficient and had a 300
Watt stereo with a MP3 aux input.
If the lease rate on the Mazda was less, it would
be a no-brainer. I was hoping Mazda would lower
the rates in October, but this is not the case. I guess
it\'s a case of demand and as long as this car continues
to be a hot seller why would they drop the rates.

The lease rate on the Civic was only slightly lower,
I believe it was 7.2%, which I think is too high.

I really don\'t know which way to go on this one but
the only good thing is that either way, I don\'t think
I\'ll be disappointed.

TheProfessor
10-05-2005, 06:45 PM
If you can afford to wait, I guarentee the rates will go down in a few months (at least for the 3)....always the case.

Zaku_4
10-05-2005, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by PSIVIC

Probably better off sending him an e-mail or PM. It\'s a tough call between the two cars, that\'s for sure. My only gripe with the Honda is that they won\'t likely be discounting them anytime soon, and I prefer to stay away from a car in it\'s first model year (typically there are more bugs and problems to deal with, though with Honda that shouldn\'t be too much of an issue).

now u tell me =( \'04 owner here

however no regrets love the car love the community :D

DivineWind
10-06-2005, 12:04 AM
Well i test drove the Civic Sedan two days ago and my friends Mazda3 awhile ago. The MAzda 3 is without a doubt, sportier, most liekly due to the higher torque and better suspensions. However iread on TOV that the coupe handles much sportier than the sedan. So i will go test drive one saturday.

Its kinda weird in the Civic. everything seems calm and slower, even tho you are actually going quite fast. 120 kmph on the test drive felt like 80 to me. Maybe my 325i is lower ??? and has ton more torque ?

TheProfessor
10-06-2005, 08:18 AM
Well you have to figure that the Civic sedan was not really meant to be sporty.....it\'s just a nice, sensible, reliable economy car that does everything well.

The coupe version is typically the same model minus two doors, however perhaps for this generation that will change. Of course the Si models typically have more performance in mind, and the Si Coupe looks like it\'s gonna be a real winner, though the thing is quite heavy from what I\'ve heard, so don\'t expect it to be as quick as the numbers might suggest.

Jeff-TheBiz
10-06-2005, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by Av8tor97

The lease rate on the Civic was only slightly lower,
I believe it was 7.2%, which I think is too high.

Lease rate is expected to \'change\' on the 3s on Nov 1.

Currently 7.6 on a 4 yr lease..

As of Oct 1, the only change was the 2005 3s are no longer on a lease incentive (which means the lease rate is now MCC\'s standard lease rate 8.2%) Keep in mind this is only the 2005s
Because of this, I do expect the 2006s to come back in line Nov 1. But better to order it now and pick up in Nov, than wait until then, order it, and then wait another 3-4 weeks for the car..