PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Mz3/Civic

Rollout-G
10-17-2005, 10:31 PM
Hey guys,

First thing\'s first, let me state right off the bat that I think the Mz3 is an awesome car and am still anxiously waiting for the right time to purchase.

That being said, I was interested in what you guys thought of the new \'06 Civic and how it lines up against the 3. Any thoughts?

RG

al01
10-17-2005, 10:36 PM
i think the new civic is great.. upgrade to almost 200hp =D

and the interior is nice too..

i guess you have to test drive it to see the difference :p

Mica3SGT
10-18-2005, 12:04 AM
The Civic Coupe is AWESOME - a true drivers car. I didn\'t get to test pilot the Si (yet) but drove the EX 5 speed. Both the Civic EX and Mazda3SGT are close in capital cost. I love my 3 for it\'s utility and overall design/features and the fact that I\'ll take a beating if I try and trade it for an Si (honestly). Honda will sell Civics by the boatload with the new design as Mazda has done with the 3. The Civic is built in Aliston, Ontario and has the high quality build and resale history in it\'s favour. It\'s Canadian - eh. The 3 is built in Japan in a place called Hiroshima. Historians and scientists have long argued about the big bang concept.

Mazda has cooler commercials and you can sing along \"Zoom, Zoom, Zoom\" mon - you can\'t do that in a Honda. Also - you won\'t find any \"Powered by Honda\" stickers on a Mazda3 - so it\'s a cultural thing. Also - if you are asked what vehicle you drive at the next office party you can safely say - \" I drive a 3\" - they might assume it\'s a bimmer and you are loaded/sucessful. If you say \" I drive a Civic\" - you won\'t impress anyone except the accountant in the tweed sports jacket and matching corduroy pants for knowing frugal expenditures on a reliable appliance are what gets/keeps you rich.:D
The guy in the mailroom might perk up and ask you if you\'d lowered it, snuck on an intake, added the Veilside GFX and done \"driftin\' at Yonge and Front\". Then again, you will look like a pauper after spending the additional $20K on accessories for the Civic and never getting it back at resale time. I guess in this scenario you would be wearing the classic club crested blazer obtained from Value Village together with the designer jeans you discovered on sale at the local Walmart cruise location every Sunday night. Of course backwards or forwards - it always say\'s Civic. I guess that\'s why the latest Honda commercials have the last C as reversed in the hopes of finding a new footnote in the Dictionary. Those Honda guy\'s are marketing gurus.

Either of these has some merits depending on your point of view. I like the TM3 forum because it let\'s everyone join in - even wayward \"sponsors\". You can\'t do that in the Civic forum!
And - let\'s not forget those memorable \"meets\" where everyone gathers and stands around - oh yeah, they do that in civicland too.
Damn, buy a real BMW (year is irrelevant) and LIVE. Maybe you can get a chrome one!;)

bluntman
10-18-2005, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by Mica3SGT

Historians and scientists have long argued about the big bang concept.

Huh?

TheProfessor
10-18-2005, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by bluntman

Huh?

Huh to the whole post!

majic
10-18-2005, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by PSIVIC

Huh to the whole post!

whooollly rant ;)

Jeff-TheBiz
10-18-2005, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by majic

Huh to the whole post!

whooollly rant ;)

Sounded a little like Dennis Miller...:D

civiclad
10-18-2005, 02:47 PM
Interesting rant.

Rollout-G
10-18-2005, 07:41 PM

Originally posted by bluntman

Huh?

Huh to the whole post!

Alright, cool. While I appreciate Mica3SGT\'s comments (with it being nice \'n lengthy and a quite amusing), I had no idea what was goin\' on. Glad I\'m not the only one!

RG

ds2chan
10-19-2005, 09:56 AM
well, the 2006 civic comes stock with the reflex wipers while the mazda 3\'s wipers suck ass.. civic doesn\'t have tiptronic when it comes to owning AT..

I think civic is a good car.. the 2006 will probably give the mazda 3 a run for it\'s money.. previous models were blown out of the water by the 3.. which reminds me.. I wanna test drive the 2006 civic.. :D

please don\'t take my car away.. :hoho

TheProfessor
10-19-2005, 10:16 AM
I think the 2006 Civic is a great car, and it WILL take sales away from Mazda, but that doesn\'t entirely bother me. I\'m used to seeing craploads of Civic\'s everywhere, and hate seeing 3\'s all over the place. The Civic is likely better built and will hold it\'s value better, but I doubt any model outside of the Si will feel as sporty as the 3, so it depends on what you want out of your car. The Civic will have a huge aftermarket (if they can all handle the new drive by wire system), while the 3 has and will continue to have little aftermarket support. Best thing would be to drive both.....after that I\'m sure there\'ll be one that appeals to you more than the other.

Whos ur dadd
10-19-2005, 05:39 PM

and hate seeing 3\'s all over the place

If you want better aftermarket support, having fewer cars on the road ain\'t gonna help.

TheProfessor
10-19-2005, 08:42 PM
I never said I wanted any aftermarket support for the 3.....I have no intentions of doing any \"modding\" outside of perhaps stereostubby/HID\'s, of which there are a plethora of options (not application specific).

I would gladly rid the roads of 50% of the 3\'s in exchange for zero aftermarket support.

al01
10-19-2005, 10:47 PM
if i could choose between a civic and a mazda 3 now.. i would sooo take the civic =DD (si only)

majic
10-19-2005, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by al01

if i could choose between a civic and a mazda 3 now.. i would sooo take the civic =DD (si only)

so why are you still trolling here? did they kick you off the subaru forum? all you do is post videos and links .. yay

TheProfessor
10-20-2005, 08:38 AM

That\'s not a fair comparison considering the Si is likely gonna cost $30K after tax and all the PDI crap. I\'d take either over a 2.5RS though :p (J/K, never driven a 2.5RS)

bluntman
10-20-2005, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by majic

so why are you still trolling here? did they kick you off the subaru forum? all you do is post videos and links .. yay

Don\'t be so harsh on him, I\'ve never had a pet in my life, not even a pet troll.

Can we keep him?

Zaku_4
10-20-2005, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by ds2chan

well, the 2006 civic comes stock with the reflex wipers

OMFG!

*runs to trade 3 for civic*

:hoho

how much is the si anyways?i dont think they will sell it for the same price as the 3. besides wait for the mazdaspeed 3 if u want speed, its coming!

TheProfessor
10-20-2005, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by Zaku_4
besides wait for the mazdaspeed 3 if u want speed, its coming!

The Civic will still be a better built car, and won\'t require premium fuel. It will also likely cost a couple of grand less than the MS3. I\'m not knocking the 3, just saying that it isn\'t quite apples and apples being compared ;)