PDA

View Full Version : Champ GT Winter Tires

silversurfer
10-18-2005, 10:39 AM
Does anyone have any experience with Champ GT tires? I heard they were designed by one of the ex-head engineers at Nokian. They are supposed to be pretty close to the Nokian Hakka 2 in terms of performance for a couple hundred dollars less.

Thinking about getting them so any input would be great. Thanks.

TheProfessor
10-18-2005, 04:14 PM
I\'ve personally never heard of them, but that doesn\'t mean a heck of a lot :p

If they are what you say they are, I\'d be interested to learn more also......winter is fast approaching.

MajesticBlueNTO
10-18-2005, 06:42 PM
quite a few friends with Maximas had these tires and, for the money, they were alright.

i know steelcase pushes these tires (Champiro GT snow tires) a lot, however, i don\'t know of the validity of the ex-Nokian engineer designing them.

silversurfer
10-23-2005, 10:02 AM
Alright so I took the plunge and got the Champ Gt. Went in for Nokian Hakka 2 but they were sold out in the 16 inch size. They only had the Nokian RSI and WR left. The Champ Gt\'s are supposed to be a little harder compound so they hold up to warmer temperatures better and last a little longer.

Drove them in pretty heavy rain yesterday and they seem to handle pretty well in the wet. No hydroplanning compared to the stock Goodyear\'s. Hopefully they hold up to their promise in the snow.