PDA

View Full Version : Windshield Glass

akherad
10-20-2005, 10:12 AM
Hi

I found a topic about windsheild glass incidents. But I didn\'t find answer to my quesdtion.

Today in 401, a flying stone from nowhere hit my winshield. I can see a small spot which is not deep and just on outside surface of windsheild glass. My questions:

1. Is there any risk that cold weather cause this spot grow and then I have to replace windshield glass?

2. If cold weather makes worse, is there anyway to prevent this?

Thanks,
-Ali:(

bluntman
10-20-2005, 10:19 AM
Regardless, I\'d get it filled in at those windshield repair places. Just in case.

akherad
10-20-2005, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by bluntman

Regardless, I\'d get it filled in at those windshield repair places. Just in case.

Thanks for quick answer. As it\'s first time something like that happens to me, I\'m not familiar with the process. What do you mean by \"get filled\"?

SourcE
10-20-2005, 12:39 PM
They usually have a booth outside Canadian Tires in the parking lot. At leat they do on Laird and Eglington

bluntman
10-20-2005, 12:45 PM
If the damage fits inside the diameter of a quarter, then they will just apply some (I\'m guessing) clear expoxy to the hole which will fill in the hole and prevent the crack from growing.

akherad
10-20-2005, 01:55 PM
I took the car to an Auto Glass shop and they said that it was not something serious and would not cause any problem. It\'s very small (size of a dot) and it\'s just on the surface of the glass (it\'s not deep).

Thanks a lot for your quick replies. :):) :D

TheProfessor
10-20-2005, 01:59 PM
That\'s good to hear. Just keep an eye on it during the next little while and make sure it doesn\'t get any bigger. If so, have it filled at that time.

akherad
10-24-2005, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by PSIVIC

That\'s good to hear. Just keep an eye on it during the next little while and make sure it doesn\'t get any bigger. If so, have it filled at that time.

Sure, I\'ll keep watching it for a while. So far no problem, though. :-)