PDA

View Full Version : Bought clear bra from EBay

DY
10-28-2005, 01:08 PM
As the title suggests, I just bought a clear protective film much like the 3M and the other llumbar off ebay. I don\'t want to put it on myself knowing that I\'ll leave way too much bubbles on it. Do you guys think I can bring this down to any autoshop, say, FX auto and pay them the labour cost to have them put on for me? :sarc

DY
11-04-2005, 11:26 AM
I just tried to put it on with the help of a friend. It was impossible to make it look good. In other words, that stuff is crap! Lesson learnt - don\'t buy those invisible bra for your cars off ebay. It\'s one of those scams. :(

majic
11-04-2005, 11:33 AM
i don\'t think it\'s a scam .. but either way, i would get a professional to install it (did you try calling fx auto and see how much the labour would cost?)

you need to be patient and probably have some tools (maybe not) then there\'s the whole wet vs dry application and all.. good luck..

DeLaY_NoMoRe
11-04-2005, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by DY

I just tried to put it on with the help of a friend. It was impossible to make it look good. In other words, that stuff is crap! Lesson learnt - don\'t buy those invisible bra for your cars off ebay. It\'s one of those scams. :(

It is absolutely POSSIBLE to make it look good, ONLY if u have the proper technique and tools. Yet obviously we\'re not skillful enough to handle these mods in order to achieve its supposed craftmanship. Just like the window tinting, everyone could\'ve bought a tint film at the Crappie Tire for 10 bucks or so, but why would have everyone pay 20 more times the price to have it done by professionals out there, it\'s becoz we all knew that we couldn\'t done it right the way they did, and also LABOURS are the biggest factor in the price when doing a mod like this. So I guess u don\'t really save any $$ at the end after paying for the professional labours.:sarc

DY
11-04-2005, 05:30 PM
Guys, I understand u need proper tools, but part of the reason that I\'m complaining about is regarding this: the \'bra\' that we managed to put up well on some relatively flat surface is not clear enough. It\'s kindof like mouldy colour, u know like the stuff that grows on a dead fish . that colour tone. It was advertised as \'so clear that you can almost not see it\'.

Yes Majic, I went down to Autofx only to find that they close on Sat, hence I decided to give it a shot by putting it on by myself but I doubt they would put it on for a cheap labour fee considering they charge up to 300 for their product.

:D