PDA

View Full Version : Hi ... New Sport GT Owner

Moose
10-30-2005, 10:42 PM
Hi,

I picked up (Leased) a Sport GT 5-speed in Black Mica this weekend from Jeff @ Avante ....Awesome experience !

I have owned five Honda/Acura\'s over the past 16 years (85 Prelude(1st Honda), 97 1.6EL(1st new car), 93 Si Hatch(Road-race car), 90 Accord EXR(beater with 500k), 93 DX Coupe, 2nd Beater) ... so moving to a Mazda was a bit of a jump ... but the lack of affordable and interesting Honda\'s, inflexible financing and higher insurance rates caused me to make the move.

This car is impressing me more and more ... while it is not as quick as my previous road-race civic (nor do I expect to be) it is surprising nimble and quick for such a heavy car ... there is definately some Miata/RX8 DNA involved.

I think I will do some Solo-2 events and perhaps some track days to see how she does. I have a set of 16x7.5 K1\'s in the basement ready to mounted with some 225-50-16 stickies and I suspect a Progress Swaybar may make its way onto the car. It should be fun.

Cheers

Moose

MAZDA Kitten
10-30-2005, 11:33 PM
Congrats on the car....

Are you a member of HADA?

Moose
10-31-2005, 04:10 AM
Originally posted by MAZDA Kitten

Congrats on the car....

Thanks ...

YUP I am a HADA Member ... one of the original ones.

Cheers

Moose

TheProfessor
10-31-2005, 08:10 AM
Welcome to the club.....I too came from a long history with Honda\'s. I made the switch for the exact reasons you mentioned and haven\'t looked back.

iconicrocket
10-31-2005, 09:30 AM
Welcome to the club. I too had a 96\' civic as a family car. My Mazda3 was definitely a step up from what I had.

Best bang for the buck in my opinion.

Jeff-TheBiz
10-31-2005, 09:41 AM
Moose,

Enjoy your new ride..

Thanx again for the kudos and the business, if you need anything.. you know where I am. :D

MAZDA Kitten
11-03-2005, 07:36 AM
Originally posted by Moose

Congrats on the car....

Thanks ...

Cheers

Moose

Just when I was reading this my brother was telling me one of the guys from HADA just bought a Mazda3.
You must know my brother Martin (ZMAN)

Moose
11-03-2005, 08:04 AM

Originally posted by Moose

Congrats on the car....

Thanks ...

Cheers

Moose

Just when I was reading this my brother was telling me one of the guys from HADA just bought a Mazda3.
You must know my brother Martin (ZMAN)

Ah Cool ... I know Martin ... Small World !

My nickname in the club is my Sig Here ...

Moose