PDA

View Full Version : Mazda Website updated Acc

Cardinal Fang
11-02-2005, 09:13 AM
The Mazda Canada website, www.mazda.ca, now has the accessories package built in to the \"Build your own Mazda\" section of the site. You get an interesting take on what\'s available and the cost to get it from the manufacturer. I\'ve never been a \"tunner\" so I\'m not familiar with what the cost of most of these items are if you install them aftermarket.

I would love to get some feedback on the accessories and whether you think they are worth the price. I have my own thoughts on some of them. It would be nice to get a fresh opinion. Unless it comes from majic in which case I don\'t really give a fark.

Luxury Package $1,095.00 Black Leather Seats, Heated driver and front passenger seats, 6-Disc In-Dash CD Changer

5 Speed Sport Mode Automatic Transmission $1,100.00
Air Conditioning with micron air filter $1,000.00
Moonroof $800.00

Aero Flares, Front $549.99
Aero Flares, Rear $226.65
Cargo Mat $59.08
Cargo Net $28.50
Cargo Tray $75.31
Cassette Player $280.00
Door Switch Panels $201.95
Floor Mats (All Weather) $107.75
Floor Mats (Carpeted) $65.73
Front Mask $212.77
Fuel-Filler Door, Aluminum $178.59
Gear Shift Knob 49.32
Gear Shift Knob (Leather-accented) 163.25
Hood Deflector $63.95
In-Dash 6-Disc CD / MP3 Changer $811.25
In-Dash 6-Disc CD Changer $729.00
Instrument Panel Decorative Trim 143.50
Leather-wrapped Steering Wheel $469.45
Lower Door Mouldings $553.69
MiniDisc Player $743.75
MP3 player (1 CD) 565.25
Parking Brake Handle $165.75
Rear Bumper Skirt $350.90
Rear Bumper Step Plate (2-Piece) $26.00
Elect. Owners Manual with \"majoogle\" search engine. $Left testical
Rear Roof Spoiler $397.65
Roof Rack $715.62
Wheel Arch Mouldings $550.25
Wheel Locks (Set of 4) $34.05

Please keep in mind that if you get the Sport GT package some of these options come included like the rear roof spoiler. Wheel locks are really cheap so I wonder why Mazda wouldn\'t embed it in the price?

TheProfessor
11-02-2005, 09:35 AM
I think all of those accessories have been on the website for ages now (except for \"Elect. Owners Manual with \"majoogle\" search engine Left testical\").

Alot of the stuff can be had cheaper afterwards, either through group buys or with club discount (or both), but you can\'t exactly finance the items, so it depends. Also, aftermarket parts are available to further reduce pricing on a few of the items like shift knobs, spoilers, etc.

Cardinal Fang
11-02-2005, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by PSIVIC

I think all of those accessories have been on the website for ages now (except for \"Elect. Owners Manual with \"majoogle\" search engine Left testical\").

You may be right but I don\'t remember the website listing the prices of the accessories. They always said \"refer to dealer for prices.\"

majic
11-02-2005, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by Cardinal Fang
Unless it comes from majic in which case I don\'t really give a fark.

ouch.. i\'ll reply anyway.. :)

I would suggest NOT to get any of the below when you buy the car. you can get a lot of these items at 20% off or better through the affiliated dealerships and group buys (unless you can get the 20% discount incorporated right away)

oh yah .. these are just _MY_ opinions (for which you don\'t give a hoot) and others might have a different view on these..

Luxury Package $1,095.00 Black Leather Seats, Heated driver and front passenger seats, 6-Disc In-Dash CD Changer
if the leather is the same as for 05 models, i found it too slippery. the nice added touch is the bun warmer.. and for only about $200 more than last year you get the warmer plus a 6 disc changer - better deal than last year!

still won\'t substitute the experience of driving a 5MT

you need A/C in toronto.. get it..

Moonroof $800.00
i\'ve lived without it and been fine.. just a personal preference

i believe bluntman and/or autoexe have these - they look nice but for that price you can get an aftermarket lip - i guess they will be unique since you don\'t see many of them around

not sure about this one

Cargo Mat $59.08
the tray is better

Cargo Net $28.50
if you put your kids in the trunk, you\'ll be able to confine them better and it\'ll give them some room to breathe..

Cargo Tray $75.31
this is a nice thick rubber mat that gives some grip to the stuff in teh trunk and if you happen to throw in a dead body in there it won\'t stain your original carpet.. just not sure how MUCH blood it can hold..

Cassette Player $280.00
are they for real? might as well throw in a record player

some people painted them themselves (i think newlook did) and some used a vinyl adhesive - a guy on m3f.com

some people say they are good enough for light winters.. others have been fine through our regular canadian winters (btw.. as a GB you can get them in the 90s tax in)

don\'t these come with the car?

Front Mask $212.77
get a clear bra (from fx auto) if you want hood/front protection

autoexe has this.. it gives about 5hp

Gear Shift Knob 49.32
i hope your car comes with either one of these :sarc

Hood Deflector $63.95
someone was selling it here so i\'m sure you can get it cheaper from a tm3 member ;)

wow.. that\'s a lot..

see.. 700+800 for leathers last year 1500.. so that luxury package seems like a steal - or this one is a rip off ;)

not sure if this is the same thing that jimdragon8 has .. on his 3, the aluminum trim looks nice

comes with GT

this is a GX only option i think

MiniDisc Player $743.75
unless you\'re asian (Fang) :D you won\'t even know what to do with these MDs

MP3 player (1 CD) 565.25
definately get it.. BUT you can get it cheaper - either used (for around $200USD or through Flipspeed - he needed at least 5 people to get it at $400 +tax (http://torontomazda3.com/forum/read.php?TID=3373)

damn these plastics are expensive..

stock on GT.. are you getting a GT?

i found these a little out of place so i had fx auto put some llumar clear bra on there and doesn\'t stick out like a sore thumb (i don\'t think gray on red would look good)

Elect. Owners Manual with \"majoogle\" search engine Left testical
this is a definite MUST

comes with Sport GT and finishes the lines of the car nicely

Roof Rack $715.62
i am pretty sure there was an aftermarket one or something.. but ask Flipspeed.. if you\'re going to be using it as a bike rack i would suggest getting a hitch installed and getting the rack placed in the rear [lol.. that sounded funny]

bleh?

they should be thrown in and most of the time when you \'haggle\' you can get the dealer add them at no cost so bust out your haggling moves and wait till the end..

is this what you were looking for? :p

Cardinal Fang
11-02-2005, 10:13 AM
Wait!

An aluminum fuel filler door gives 5HP?

Thanks for the input majic. I appreciate your comments. By the way, I\'m not Asian. I\'m a Cardinal.

Not that there is anything wrong with that.

majic
11-02-2005, 10:22 AM

Wait!

An aluminum fuel filler door gives 5HP?

Thanks for the input majic. I appreciate your comments. By the way, I\'m not Asian. I\'m a Cardinal.

Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Thy Highness,
I appologise for being so informal with you.. ah who am i kidding.. get lost :p

no probs.. i try to be nice.. even when farkin\' newbs harass me :D and the 5HP must be b/c it\'s lighter.. someone dynoed it..

--your peasant

ThePartsStore
11-02-2005, 11:40 AM

The Mazda Canada website, www.mazda.ca, now has the accessories package built in to the \"Build your own Mazda\" section of the site. You get an interesting take on what\'s available and the cost to get it from the manufacturer. I\'ve never been a \"tunner\" so I\'m not familiar with what the cost of most of these items are if you install them aftermarket.

I would love to get some feedback on the accessories and whether you think they are worth the price. I have my own thoughts on some of them. It would be nice to get a fresh opinion. Unless it comes from majic in which case I don\'t really give a fark.

Moonroof $800.00

Cargo Mat $59.08
Cargo Net $28.50
Cargo Tray $75.31
Cassette Player $280.00
Front Mask $212.77
Gear Shift Knob 49.32
Hood Deflector $63.95
MiniDisc Player $743.75
MP3 player (1 CD) 565.25
Elect. Owners Manual with \"majoogle\" search engine. $Left testical
Roof Rack $715.62

Please keep in mind that if you get the Sport GT package some of these options come included like the rear roof spoiler. Wheel locks are really cheap so I wonder why Mazda wouldn\'t embed it in the price?

Also remember all the prices shown on the web site do not include installation in those prices...these prices listed are for the parts only and are plus taxes...

iconicrocket
11-04-2005, 10:59 PM
I was on the their website around February of this year. And I do remember see those accessories and prices up on their website.

Best deal is the Luxury Package for 2006, in my mind.

Virgy
05-17-2007, 05:25 PM
Just got my Welcome to Mazda Town pakage in the mail. Along with it i got the new 2007 accessory cd-rom. So i was looking around on it and noticed that the some accessory for the sedan and sport are different. So anyways my question is does any one know if the Door Switch Panels for the sedan fit on the Sport? and WTF what is it with not offering Mud flaps on the sport, anyone wana open a company and make mazda 3 sport mud flaps with me? LOL. Did anyone find some after market that are any good?