PDA

View Full Version : The least thing that I like about the Mazda 3 is that its a Mazda

DY
11-05-2005, 10:15 AM
No offence to anyone working for Mazda here.. ;)

but really if our Mazda3 were re-batched as BMW or a certain other make known as Honda, there would be even more rave reviews, sales, etc. My point is.. this Mazda3 (bar the first built where I read a lot of TSBs on)... can easily pass off as that of a more prestigious make.

Pardon the BMZ => it\'s Beemer =>BMW :D

DeLaY_NoMoRe
11-05-2005, 11:30 AM
Well, if the Mazda3 is re-badged to a HONDA or even a BMW, will u be happy to pay an extra $3k~$5k to buy a \"re-badged\" HONDA that has the same specs as the Mazda??? Obviously a Mazda3 from a Honda factory plant won\'t be selling at the price that Mazda is offering right now......and this is a very big reason that we bought our Mazda3 from MAZDA!:hoho

Spyder01
11-05-2005, 11:40 AM
If it was anything else other than Mazda, i wouldn\'t even consider it...

...whats the point of rebadging the 3? Its just going to attract the people thats buying the brand rather than the car...I noticed so many people buy entry level BMW and Mercedes...

kinda dumb to think the mazda3 would get better reviews JUST because it carries a higher class brand name don\'t you think???

DY
11-05-2005, 11:52 AM
Hey guys, relax... it\'s just a thought that the car was so well-designed that it is ahead of its time in Mazda\'s history. alright... if I have something against Mazda, I wouldn\'t have bought it. Don\'t think too deep into the poll.. it\'s for fun.. :p

The subject is so titled to attract attention... no harm intended. ;)

chinsterr
11-05-2005, 01:07 PM
Personally, I think this car looks like the IS300\'s little brother. Everything about the mazda 3 (exterior-wise) reminds me of the IS300. What do you guys think?

Chinsterr

miggiddy
11-06-2005, 03:03 AM
I\'ve heard that Ford was going to use the Mazda 3 body style as the new Focus, but rejected it for some reason, so Mazda got it. :sarc They missed that boat!

Now would people have bought the car if it was the Ford Focus and not the Mazda 3?

DY
11-06-2005, 07:46 AM
If that was true, this model could\'ve revived Ford\'s fortune! hahaha:D

Spyder01
11-06-2005, 03:31 PM
They are using it...the euro focus c-max is off the mazda3 chassis just like S40 from volvo.

Unless you are talking about the upcoming focus in 2007 for north america, they say they are going to use the euro focus chassis and bring it over here with a new styling...who knows how that\'ll go.

miggiddy
11-06-2005, 04:39 PM
Euro Ford Focus Pics (http://www.car.ee/galleries/ford-focus-eu/ee/)

I personally would be way more interested in the Focus if the NA version looked like that.

Spyder01
11-07-2005, 02:38 PM
They wanted to bring it over for the 05s...but when they actually tried to, it got super expensive for them to change all their current equipments to make the euro focus rather than the american focus. At that time, it got too late to change everything so they ended up just doing a few face lifts from the 04 foci. When the 05s came out, they let the pplz know on the american focus board (ford loves the american focus clubs, huge club with their own magazines you see at every CT) about the 05 changes and how it wouldn\'t be practical for them to bring the euro focus over. They did however said that they would try to get the next gen focus (due in late 07 as 08 model) to be on a gobal model so its the same for everywhere in the world.

akherad
11-09-2005, 10:55 AM
Even if NA Focus would look Euro version, I would get M3. Even when new Civic was out, I had no regret I had chosen M3. I L.O.V.E. my Mazda3.

Even conside if it was a Honda and they would call that \"Honda3\". Such a stupid name it would sound.

Mazda3 is my taste....in terms of name, model, make, interior, exterior, .... in terms of EVERYTHING:D :)

FLIPDADY
11-09-2005, 02:03 PM
You wouldn\'t have the catchy \"Zoom-Zoom\" feeling with any other make. You\'d be surprised that Mazda actually has one of the lowest TSB rates out of all the manufacturers.

akherad
11-09-2005, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by FLIPSPEED

You wouldn\'t have the catchy \"Zoom-Zoom\" feeling with any other make. You\'d be surprised that Mazda actually has one of the lowest TSB rates out of all the manufacturers.

That\'s so cool. :) ZOOM-ZOOM with least TSB rate.

miggiddy
11-09-2005, 04:33 PM
But if it had a Ford badge on the front grill and had the same amount of TSBs, I\'m more than sure people would think differently about the issues and cry \"typical Ford\".

Mica3SGT
11-09-2005, 05:28 PM
After driving/owning many marques over the years I have nothing but praise for Mazda quality/dealer service - the Mazda3 is the best yet!

I\'m proud to drive a Mazda - regardless of price point or perception in the market.

Mazda is the only manufacturer outside Europe to win the 24HR Lemans race and the only manufacturer who perfected and marketed the Wankel engine (rotary to you neewbees).
Zoom Zoom seems most appropriate.:p

cstraw
11-10-2005, 09:39 AM
Badgewhores....:p

Honestly, I really could care less as long as the car is:

- reliable, cheap to own
- fuel efficient
- fun to drive
- has the options I feel are necessary to make me feel good in the car.
- priced at a point where I don\'t care who\'s badge is on the car. I am not going to pay more money just to impress someone, frankly I\'ve got better things to do or worry about. Life would be unnecessarily expensive and not worth the effort just to have upgraded badges on everything on choose to own. I\'m glad I own a car that meets my expectations.

Chris

majic
11-10-2005, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by cstraw

- reliable, cheap to own
- fuel efficient
- fun to drive
- priced at a point where I don\'t care who\'s badge is on the car. I am not going to pay more money just to impress someone, frankly I\'ve got better things to do or worry about. Life would be unnecessarily expensive and not worth the effort just to have upgraded badges on everything on choose to own. I\'m glad I own a car that meets my expectations.

Chris

+2 .. bravo!!!

TheProfessor
11-10-2005, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by majic

Originally posted by cstraw

- reliable, cheap to own
- fuel efficient
- fun to drive

Chris

+2 .. bravo!!!

+3

wtom
11-10-2005, 11:16 AM
+4 - ahmen cstraw!!!!