PDA

View Full Version : Raybestos Brakes

Illmatic
11-09-2005, 04:09 PM
Hey All,

In my continual search for new rear brake pads I found out I can get Raybestos pads pretty cheap (once I factor in my employee discount)!

Problem is, I have no idea what they are like. Anyone out there know anything about them?

FLIPDADY
11-09-2005, 05:10 PM
I sold them for years when I worked at a local parts supplier. They\'re good pads but they tend to be very hard on the rotors.

Illmatic
11-09-2005, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by FLIPSPEED

I sold them for years when I worked at a local parts supplier. They\'re good pads but they tend to be very hard on the rotors.

Thanks for the feedback! On a different note, the prices you quoted me for rear pads and rotors (OEM) a few weeks back, was that including the TM3 discount?

FLIPDADY
11-10-2005, 08:19 AM
The rear rotors are $62.78 each, the first production pads are $67.52, and the updated pads are $91.09.

The first production pads are just as good if you don\'t mind a little brake dust.

bluntman
11-10-2005, 10:19 AM
Are the rear pads still on backorder? ;)

FLIPDADY
11-10-2005, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by bluntman

Are the rear pads still on backorder? ;)
The updated ones are. Don\'t worry I have one reserved for bluntman Sr.:p

nifty6
11-10-2005, 08:51 PM

The rear rotors are $62.78 each, the first production pads are $67.52, and the updated pads are $91.09.

The first production pads are just as good if you don\'t mind a little brake dust.

A little brake dust, how about a lot of brake dust. After 2 and a half days of only highway driving, (2,300KMS) only to exit for gas, food and motels the rear rims looked like I never have cleaned them since the day I bought the car 7 months ago. I was told the brake dust is not puched out by a moving axle like the fronts are so the dust just sticks onto the rims, OK...a new one on me.
I would gladly pay the extra $24 for pads to get cleaner rims and no early morning squeal.
Now with the colder and damp weather does everybody get the morning brake squeal when backing up?

Ex-Rolla
11-11-2005, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by nifty6

Now with the colder and damp weather does everybody get the morning brake squeal when backing up?

yup.. well I do anyway

FLIPDADY
11-11-2005, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by Ex-Rolla

yup.. well I do anyway
I still do even with the updated ones.

nifty6
11-11-2005, 06:40 PM

Originally posted by Ex-Rolla

yup.. well I do anyway
I still do even with the updated ones.

How did you manage to get the updated pads? do you still get a lot of dust on the rear rims compared to the fronts? I could live with the morning brake noise if the updated pads would eliminate the brake dust. 1 out of 2 problem solved.

cyber
11-25-2005, 01:20 PM
I have the updated pads and the brake dust isn\'t as bad as before (with the original pads). But the noise in the morning is still the same (unfortunately).

I get the noise from the front and the rear pads.