PDA

View Full Version : Kaption SUB, need AMP

JokersMaz3
11-12-2005, 04:18 PM
Just curious as to want people think about Kaption 12\" Sub. (RMS/Power)600/1200
I am getting it for free from my sisters fiance. SO, i need a good AMP. One of my buddies told me about Alpines MRD-M605, and he gets me discounts because of where he works.

OR, what AMP would go good with the SUB i mentioned.

Thanks

Joker

TheProfessor
11-14-2005, 08:47 AM
To be honest there are so many amps on the market that would work it\'s not even worth going into. The best thing to do would be to make sure and try and match the amp to the power ratings of the sub. Check out Kaptions website and see what the suggested amplifier range is (i.e. minimum and maximum amount of power that can safely be fed to the sub). Alpine has some decent amps for the money, and if you can get a deal then they become even more attractive IMO.

JokersMaz3
11-14-2005, 01:08 PM
True there is a tone of amps, most likely ill have to go with something in the 500-700 range for the amp. I know squat about this stuff, so the more i obsorb the better ill know lol.

Thanks

TheProfessor
11-14-2005, 01:17 PM
Just in case you didn\'t know the following, I will shed some very basic knowledge about amps:

- Finding an amp that will put out a true 500-700 watts of clean power to the sub will not be so easy, and not likely cheap either.
- Amps put out different amounts of power based on the \'load\', so pay attention to an amps claims. If the amp says it puts out 500 watts, it may do so, but not at 4 ohms (perhaps 2 or even 1). What configuration is your sub (single or dual voice coil, and if dual, dual what?).

Probably the best thing you can do is go start doing some homework at www.canadiancaraudio.com

Good luck!

JokersMaz3
11-14-2005, 01:48 PM
500-700, $, lol, but i understand the concern into looking into the power stuff and setting it up properly.

nice site, lots of info.

Thank bud

TheProfessor
11-14-2005, 03:25 PM
No problem.