PDA

View Full Version : Delivery Time

DarthMazda3
11-22-2005, 02:01 PM
After a long and extensive search, I pulled the trigger this morning and got fully loaded Mazda3 GT with stick shift. Paid $28,300 cash. How did I do?

Question to all the hatch stickshift owners: How long did it take for the dealership to deliver your car. I was told 6 weeks to be on the safe side. This sounds awfully ong to me.

_naz
11-22-2005, 02:13 PM
i also gotta fully loaded mazda 3 GT GFX but auto...it tooks about 4 weeks to get my car...congratz on the car

TheProfessor
11-22-2005, 03:40 PM
Took six weeks for our Sport and about four weeks for the sedan.

DarthMazda3
11-22-2005, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by PSIVIC

Took six weeks for our Sport and about four weeks for the sedan.

Odd, the sales person told me the Sedan would take longer.

TheProfessor
11-22-2005, 05:36 PM
I didn\'t buy the two of them at the same time, and it all depends on the configuration you want.

Jeff-TheBiz
11-22-2005, 05:43 PM
Congrats and welcome to the club,

4-6 weeks from me.. sedan or hatch... based on current availabilty...

:D

Junchoon
11-24-2005, 12:26 PM
I am new to this forum. Not sure to start a new thread or not, so try here first. :)
Just wondering which model & package in stock?

Broli
11-24-2005, 12:43 PM
on my 04 sedan tit gray it took 2 weeeks

on my 05 hatch sunset orange it took 1 week

i was told 6 weeks for both!

DarthMazda3
11-24-2005, 01:01 PM
Just been told by the dealership it\'ll be 4 weeks. IMO, that\'s a ridiculously long time, it almost as if they placed an build to order and have it shipped here.

Jeff-TheBiz
11-24-2005, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by DarthMazda3

Just been told by the dealership it\'ll be 4 weeks. IMO, that\'s a ridiculously long time, it almost as if they placed an build to order and have it shipped here.

If they just placed the order it would be about 8 weeks.. 4 weeks is about right..

GlenW
11-24-2005, 01:14 PM
I ordered my GT Sedan on Oct 28th, and was told 4 to 6 weeks. I\'ll be picking it up in 2 hours. Woooo Hooooo Thanks to the BiZ!!!!!!!!!!! 3 Weeks 5 Days 22 hours later.

:D

Cardinal Fang
11-24-2005, 01:15 PM
Hi,

I was a newbie here once and was given by majic 3 free stupid questions. So here is officially my last one.

Why so long Biz? Are the cars kept in one location?

majic
11-24-2005, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by Cardinal Fang

Hi,

I was a newbie here once and was given by majic 3 free stupid questions. So here is officially my last one.

it takes time to make the car.. also they are coming from the other hemisphere.. so the ship and the train take some time.. ships sink and trains derail.. god wants to keep these hawt cars away from our enjoyment for as long as possible ;) and it seems like most of the 3s are \'made-on-demand\' anyway..

there\'s a dock/waiting/holding area in vancouver and that\'s where some of the cars sit and wait for the next train ride..or at least that\'s what i was told when i was waiting for mine..

this wasn\'t so stupid.. so you still get another freebie :)

Cardinal Fang
11-24-2005, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by majic

there\'s a dock/waiting/holding area in vancouver and that\'s where some of the cars sit and wait for the next train ride..or at least that\'s what i was told when i was waiting for mine..

I bet they get really bored. I\'ll bet you they sit around and make fun of all the Civics being shipped as CXS\'s.

*How do you think they pass the time?

* Final stupid, dumb-ass, post waisting question.

Edited to remove wasteful space, just conserving space.

Jeff-TheBiz
11-24-2005, 01:39 PM

Hi,

Here is the process..

SCH - Scheduled to be built, a glimmer in the assembly line eye, no vin and ordered 3 months in advance.
PRD - Being built, from start in japan, to dealership is 8-9 weeks
SEA - Serialized and put on a boat..
PRT - Vancouver eh.
RAL - comin across the country
STK - at Mazda\'s Pound
DLR - here...

Most of what is at the dealer, or on it\'s way is spoken for, sold weeks ago..

TheProfessor
11-24-2005, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by majic

this wasn\'t so stupid.. so you still get another freebie :)

For crying out loud don\'t encourage him ;)

Cardinal Fang
11-24-2005, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by TheBiz

Most?

Does the choice of colour have any effect?

*Sticks out tongue at PSIVIC*

Jeff-TheBiz
11-24-2005, 02:58 PM

Most?

sometimes..

If anyone is interested I have 2 White Pearl Sedans on my lot that are not yet sold..

Both Auto, one with GFX and the other with GFX & Luxury Package...

Sorry Psivic... :p :p

TheProfessor
11-24-2005, 04:06 PM

Most?

sometimes..

If anyone is interested I have 2 White Pearl Sedans on my lot that are not yet sold..

Both Auto, one with GFX and the other with GFX & Luxury Package...

Sorry Psivic... :p :p

Damn you....damn you all! Do any of them have a spare 6 disc changer ;)

DrunknFoo
11-24-2005, 11:01 PM
From what I\'ve heard from a few dealerships, they say the sedans do take longer than a 5door to arrive.

I ordered my hatch on Nov 19th, I just got a call from the dealership, I should have the ride available for pickup within 2-4days.

Mica3SGT
11-25-2005, 12:48 AM
My P5 was factory ordered (yellow) and took 8 weeks - my dealer stated this at the outset and I didn\'t have a problem with that. This time around I ordered from available stock and got it right away. My Audi order involved a 5 month wait from Germany - this was a custom build - shoulda gone and picked it up at the factory at Octoberfest.

There is huge inventory in most manufacturers depots. Some have a 120 day supply - should be 45 days. GM is closing down assembly plants because of excess supply.
I knew the boneheads would get the message sooner or later.

Jeff-TheBiz
11-25-2005, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by Mica3SGT

There is huge inventory in most manufacturers depots. Some have a 120 day supply - should be 45 days

If you are near Major Mackenzie and Jane, check out Canada\'s Wonderland parking lot... anyone need a Chyrsler?? There has to be 1000 cars there last time I checked..

Cardinal Fang
11-25-2005, 10:42 AM
Take a look at Downsview Air Base from the Allen. More Chrysler 300\'s than you can shake a stick at. Boggles the mind how they\'re gonna get rid of them. I know Chrysler, out of the big three, is in better shape but after what GM did this week you have to wonder whether or not they may be headed down the same road.

Kausty
12-10-2005, 04:26 AM
Whats the time frame normally after its been put on rail? I\'m still waiting on mine, its been like 2 weeks on rail now :(

Also, what is the holding time from STK to DLR normally?

Hi,

Here is the process..

SCH - Scheduled to be built, a glimmer in the assembly line eye, no vin and ordered 3 months in advance.
PRD - Being built, from start in japan, to dealership is 8-9 weeks
SEA - Serialized and put on a boat..
PRT - Vancouver eh.
RAL - comin across the country
STK - at Mazda\'s Pound
DLR - here...

Jeff-TheBiz
12-10-2005, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by Kausty

Whats the time frame normally after its been put on rail? I\'m still waiting on mine, its been like 2 weeks on rail now :(

Also, what is the holding time from STK to DLR normally?

Doesnt sound right..

At the very most it should be in your hands about 2.5 weeks from rail date.

A car only sits at STK if it is not sold already.

From RAL to \'the yard\' or STK - 10 days.

From STK to DLR - 5 business days for truck to deliver.

Currently I am offering a 4 week guarantee. :D

Kausty
12-10-2005, 11:00 AM
well the dealer just called requesting my proof of graduate stuff and insurance info. He also mentioned that my car is \"at the pound\" and said i\'d be getting it in a week or so.

So anyways I gotta fax him my transcript...hope they don\'t care that my GPA was crappy haha =p

Jeff-TheBiz
12-10-2005, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by Kausty

well the dealer just called requesting my proof of graduate stuff and insurance info. He also mentioned that my car is \"at the pound\" and said i\'d be getting it in a week or so.

So anyways I gotta fax him my transcript...hope they don\'t care that my GPA was crappy haha =p

Excellent... These next couple of days will be the longest days you have ever felt.

///M
12-10-2005, 01:52 PM
3 months for my first choice of colour.

After waiting about a month I got fed up waiting and took a car off the lot with the exact same options, but in a different colour. Took 2 days for delivery, PDI and undercoating.