PDA

View Full Version : quick service question...

firstmazda
11-23-2005, 10:55 AM
When you go for regular maintenance, they top up fluids for you right?
what about light bulbs? Do they replace them for you then bill you for the bulb?
one of my headlights are out.

Thanks,
Ray

Cardinal Fang
11-23-2005, 11:01 AM
My experience with dealerships has always been that they never check the lights unless you tell them and/or they\'re part of the scheduled maintenance. Mazda may be different but I doubt it.

nifty6
11-23-2005, 11:13 AM
Are light bulbs covered under warranty? Some how I don\'t think so. A fellow worker had his burnt out headlight replaced on his Chrylser under warranty, but that was many years back.

TheProfessor
11-23-2005, 09:27 PM
AFAIK bulbs are not covered under warranty, and you have to pay to have them replaced.

DeLaY_NoMoRe
11-23-2005, 10:54 PM
The sales person in Markham Mazda told me when I bought my car, it\'s under a COMPREHENSIVE warranty for 1 full year on everything bumper to bumper, as long as ur car did not exceed the milage limit for warranty purpose (80,000KMS) WITHIN the 1st year. So the light bulbs should fall into this catagory if u have it less than a year.

firstmazda
11-23-2005, 11:15 PM
cool, thanks guys. I figured they wouldn\'t replace them.
but they do top up fluids right? like coolant, etc.?

Zaku_4
11-24-2005, 05:43 AM
Originally posted by firstmazda

they will not check or top off coolant unless thats party of the list of work they gota perform on your car, i experianced this myself lol.

ds2chan
11-24-2005, 11:28 AM
I think they do when you go in for an oil change.. my sheet said something about checking fluids but I\'m not sure which fluids they check.. I\'ll check my receipt when I get home..

chaser
11-24-2005, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by firstmazda

It varies from dealer to dealer. But it never hurts to ask :)

I went into Avante RH for oil change and asked if they could top up the coolant. They did it for free :D

DY
11-27-2005, 10:12 AM
I know that the first service is at 8000km. But has anyone gone in for an oil change at 4000km or 6000km?

rene
11-27-2005, 10:18 AM
it\'s every 8000 km or 4 months which ever come first. mine was done after 4 mos. and was below 4000 km.

MAZDA Kitten
11-27-2005, 11:37 AM
When one of my \'super white\' headlights burned out after a month I had an oil change done at the same time.
They called me while the car was getting serviced that one of my lights was out but because it was not OEM they wouldnt be able to replace free for me.

DY
11-27-2005, 01:45 PM
So when you go for an oil change, do they put in a generic brand? Can I request to use say, Mobil 1 synthetic and pay more for it? Suppose the answer is yes, must I bring the oil myself to the shop or do they have it there?

chaser
11-27-2005, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by DY
So when you go for an oil change, do they put in a generic brand? Can I request to use say, Mobil 1 synthetic and pay more for it? Suppose the answer is yes, must I bring the oil myself to the shop or do they have it there?

i\'m pretty sure it has been mentioned before ... oh well, my search speed is not up to as majoogle yet :hoho

If you want Mobil 1 syn or any other brand, you better bring your own oil since not every dealer has the grade & brand you want. Also, some dealers might b/s that 0w20 will void your warranty while some don\'t (e.g. Avante, MoT)