PDA

View Full Version : need help with

vasco
11-24-2005, 02:47 AM
i want a exhaust for my 2.3 06 sedan maybe even a dual but the thing is i dont want it to sound like my lawnmoer (most civics) any ideas??

FLIPDADY
11-24-2005, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by vasco

i want a exhaust for my 2.3 06 sedan maybe even a dual but the thing is i dont want it to sound like my lawnmoer (most civics) any ideas??
You have 2 choices.

-Get a free flowing muffler with a resonated tip.
or
-Stick with your stock system.

TheProfessor
11-24-2005, 08:29 AM
You could also pick up a quality exhaust system from a manufacturer like A\'PEXi or GReddy, and buy the associated silencer. While a little bit of performance is lost, you have a nice subdued exhaust note, good looks, and you can always remove it if you go to the track or just want a bit more power/sound.

Prepare to spend some dough though.

vasco
11-24-2005, 09:11 PM
wehow much would one of these kits cost me and would the free flowing muffler add any hp at all?

Kevin@nextmod
11-24-2005, 10:27 PM
I\'ve done a few research about mufflers. The cheap ones without name at pmall are from $80-150. But if you\'re like me that wants to go for name then Apexi, Greddy, BuddyClub, Tenzo R, HKS all of them are pricy from $280-$350. And that is only the price of the muffler. If you want a custom mid pipe it will be umm a grand total of $600-800 depending on where you want to do it.

Edit* the ones above are pretty loud :p But you can always go for magnaflow. They tend to have a deeper sound then the ones above.

TheProfessor
11-24-2005, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by Pearl_Hatch

Edit* the ones above are pretty loud :p But you can always go for magnaflow. They tend to have a deeper sound then the ones above.

Not necessarily true....each of the above companies offer a more quiet exhaust system like the A\'PEXi World Sport model, and can be further quieted down with the optional silencer.

Kevin@nextmod
11-24-2005, 11:07 PM
True but IMO if i\'m going for these types of mufflers i wo\'nt put in a silencer because it loses the point. I might as well just stick with stock. I\'ve looked at the A\'Pexi World sport, its quiet but i don\'t like the tip. I\'m actually leaning towards the N1 or the Tenzo R titanium tip bullet.

TheProfessor
11-25-2005, 08:09 AM
The N1\'s are quite loud IMO.

Kevin@nextmod
11-25-2005, 08:25 AM
Yea i found that out in the mazda3forum and the people say it is one of the loudest. I think i\'m going to pass on that then. Then i\'m left off with tenzo R.

SABIO
11-25-2005, 08:35 PM
umm.. how about Vibrant?

Kevin@nextmod
11-25-2005, 10:32 PM
I\'m not much of a fan of vibrant.

chinsterr
11-25-2005, 10:56 PM
Im thinking of going with HKS ... going to start saving from now . Full cat system will set ya back around 700-800 (for HKS)

Chinsterr

Kevin@nextmod
11-26-2005, 08:17 AM
But prepare to take out the cat. I asked autoexe (clem) that you need to remove the cat. and prepare to have $400 in your bank to pay for that ticket. So just a heads up.

I\'m planning to get a nice muffler then custom the mid pipe then put them together, it\'ll save me a few bucks. i quoted $300-350 for the muffler then getting the midpipe and putting it on with the muffler will be around $600-$650. So it will save you around $200 and don\'t have to take out that cat.

TheProfessor
11-26-2005, 09:36 AM
Do all the aftermarket systems require the removal of the cat? Usually they are aftercat exhaust systems.

Kevin@nextmod
11-26-2005, 10:05 AM
Most of them don\'t require removing the cat. But clem said if you go for the perfect fit HKS highpower then you do. I don\'t know why. I want to keep the cat just to be on the safe side so i\'m going for custom

MZR3
11-26-2005, 06:15 PM
Here is the link to Borla\'s complete cat-back system. It\'s going for ~US$600.00 or !CDN$850.00. It does look good!
http://www.borla.com/applications/lookup.aspx/2005/Mazda/3/SP23Stainless_Steel_Cat-Back_System/140121/

Kevin@nextmod
11-26-2005, 09:15 PM
Wow $850 for borla? I think HKS is selling theres for the same price.

Mica3SGT
11-27-2005, 01:10 AM
Magnaflow has a sweet sound from the audio clips I\'ve heard - some manufacturers involve removing the cat with a replacement freer breathing one that is expensive and loud.

bubba1983
11-27-2005, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by SABIO

umm.. how about Vibrant?

*snickers*

YEAH, heheh

chaser
11-27-2005, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by MZR3
Here is the link to Borla\'s complete cat-back system. It\'s going for ~US$600.00 or !CDN$850.00. It does look good!
http://www.borla.com/applications/lookup.aspx/2005/Mazda/3/SP23Stainless_Steel_Cat-Back_System/140121/

Most of the U.S. companies sell for US$500 + shipping + possible duty & tax. I believe Tires23 sells for around $700CAD

SABIO
11-28-2005, 07:39 PM
No... Tires23 sells Borla and HKS for $800+ Which to me Is alot of cash for just a muffler and resonator.

Same with the magnaflow... Just a muffler.

The Vibrant comes With a High Flo Metal Core Catalytic Convertor...the others don\'t and the Vibrant is cheaper..
How can you say you are not a fan?? Excellent quality...excellent price...awsome power and sound!

End of story.

vasco
11-29-2005, 03:40 AM
if u add just a muffler u gona get any hp?

FLIPDADY
11-29-2005, 07:28 AM
Originally posted by vasco

if u add just a muffler u gona get any hp?
A less restrictive muffler will give you a small amount of extra HP.

Kevin@nextmod
12-01-2005, 04:27 PM
Ok i do\'nt want to start a new thread so i\'ll put it here. I\'m not too familiar with buying things online and dont know the charges for duty and other stuff like that. I would like to know how much would this be in total to ship it here in Toronto? The price of that is $369+$10 to canada, but the thing is i don\'t know what they charge for duty and other stuff.CVR magnaflow catback (http://www.cvrmotorsports.com/view_product.php?product=MF15861&modlink=yes)

SABIO
12-01-2005, 04:41 PM
Just e-mail them.. they will get back to you qik with all the details. They are really good service wise.

chaser
12-01-2005, 06:42 PM
Ok i do\'nt want to start a new thread so i\'ll put it here. I\'m not too familiar with buying things online and dont know the charges for duty and other stuff like that. I would like to know how much would this be in total to ship it here in Toronto? The price of that is $369+$10 to canada, but the thing is i don\'t know what they charge for duty and other stuff.CVR magnaflow catback (http://www.cvrmotorsports.com/view_product.php?product=MF15861&modlink=yes)

Check my post here (http://torontomazda3.com/forum/read.php?TID=3620) ;)

SABIO
12-01-2005, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by chaser

I would like to know how much would this be in total to ship it here in Toronto? The price of that is $369+$10 to canada, but the thing is i don\'t know what they charge for duty and other stuff[/url]

Check my post on the 1st page of this thread about CVR ;)

Your post on the first page says nothing about the cost of shiping and duties... or even CVR???

MajesticBlueNTO
12-01-2005, 11:07 PM

email CVR prior to ordering and ask if they still ship the Magnaflow from within Canada.

if they do, then you don\'t have to pay duties, nor taxes. It is shipped out of Hamilton so it shouldn\'t take too long to get to your door once you order.

chaser
12-01-2005, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by SABIO

Originally posted by chaser

I would like to know how much would this be in total to ship it here in Toronto? The price of that is $369+$10 to canada, but the thing is i don\'t know what they charge for duty and other stuff[/url]

Check my post on the 1st page of this thread about CVR ;)

Your post on the first page says nothing about the cost of shiping and duties... or even CVR???

I meant this (http://torontomazda3.com/forum/read.php?TID=3620) thread :D

Kevin@nextmod
12-02-2005, 12:26 AM
Yes i checked it already but the thing is the price is different now and they didn\'t tell me that they will ship it from canada for this price. Thats why i wasn\'t sure. I did do research on this.:)

///M
12-02-2005, 04:15 AM
Get this...it finally came out.

https://www.racingbeat.com/photos/71201L.jpg

Can\'t go wrong when Racing Beat is the OE exhaust supplier for Mazdaspeed models.

Kevin@nextmod
12-02-2005, 08:47 AM
What would be the price for that?

Oh nevermind i see it. $525.

Kevin@nextmod
01-02-2006, 04:58 PM
I don\'t want to start a new thread so I\'ll do it here. I\'m planning to get my exhaust this month and before i was going to go for Magnaflow but now I\'m going for HKS hipower 80%+. This guy in pacific mall told me the hipower catback midpipe will rust and soon have a hole it in. Then he suggest me to get the universal hipower muffler and then custom the mid with stainless steel.

The price of the perfect fit catback is $750 + maybe $60 for install and the universal hks muffler is $400 plus $300 for the pipe and install. difference of $110.

My first question for all these bs is will the perfect fit catback really will rust and soon have hole on it? or it\'s bs?

And which one will you guys suggest or recommend me getting?

Well I\'m ready for flaming and suggestions. :)

chinsterr
01-02-2006, 06:47 PM

I don\'t want to start a new thread so I\'ll do it here. I\'m planning to get my exhaust this month and before i was going to go for Magnaflow but now I\'m going for HKS hipower 80%+. This guy in pacific mall told me the hipower catback midpipe will rust and soon have a hole it in. Then he suggest me to get the universal hipower muffler and then custom the mid with stainless steel.

The price of the perfect fit catback is $750 + maybe $60 for install and the universal hks muffler is $400 plus $300 for the pipe and install. difference of $110.

My first question for all these bs is will the perfect fit catback really will rust and soon have hole on it? or it\'s bs?

lol im lost ><

but i think im going to get the HKS hipower in the spring . Why dont you wait till the spring too ??

bluntman
01-02-2006, 09:25 PM

I\'ve heard that before, something about HKS using thinner gauge stainless than typically found when you get a custom exhaust. Get a few opinions from other dealers and then decide.

Kevin@nextmod
01-02-2006, 09:46 PM
Yea thats why i\'m asking around and a few people told me they will rust easily and some told me they won\'t. So right now I\'m also really confused.

bluntman
01-02-2006, 09:49 PM
I\'m pretty sure as long as the tubes are stainless steel they won\'t rust, if I\'m wrong I\'m sure someone will point that out. The difference is gauge of the tubing. I\'d say, in our climate, the thicker the better...just to be on the safe side.

Kevin@nextmod
01-02-2006, 10:26 PM
So you\'ll suggest me going for the custom piping and with the universal hipower muffler?

bluntman
01-02-2006, 10:41 PM
I would...I did with my first car (custom bent 2\" mandrel bent SS tubing and a Magnaflow exhaust).

Kevin@nextmod
01-02-2006, 11:15 PM
I\'m thinking of going 2.5 inch. And i think i\'m going to go for custom then. Since it\'s the same and it\'s cheaper with better quality.