PDA

View Full Version : Block Heater

01AWW18T
11-24-2005, 09:01 AM
So I went through last winter without a block heater... but now I want one because the cold starts in the morning are getting pretty harsh. I called Avante RH recently and got quoted 42.50 for the part and 133.50 for the install. I was wondering if anyone has gotten a better price or if any other dealers are running promotions?

Thanks in advance!

Cardinal Fang
11-24-2005, 09:21 AM
I have good friends that live up in Thunder Bay and block heaters are all the rage considering the amount of cold days they get there. Considering that Toronto isn\'t even classified as being in the snow belt I\'m wondering about the effectiveness of block heaters. I\'m sure it can\'t hurt.

Here\'s an interesting discussion on the topic:

BLOCK HEATERS FOR MAZDA 3 (http://torontomazda3.com/forum/read.php?TID=3624)

</majoogle>

FLIPDADY
11-24-2005, 10:48 AM
Moving to Engine/Drivetrain section.

FLIPDADY
11-24-2005, 10:50 AM
Since you\'re shopping around the part will cost you $34.00 plus tax and the labour $101.52 plus taxes.

MofT

MaxRPM
11-30-2005, 11:35 AM
Just because we\'re not in the snow belt doesn\'t mean block heaters are useless. Besides, what\'s snow got to do with it? It usually doesn\'t snow much when it\'s -25 outside.

Anyhow, block heaters are very helpfull and it does make a difference, from easier starting to faster warm up times. I used it with the Maxima and the Neon. Sucks that the 3 doesn\'t have one, something else to buy, it never ends!