PDA

View Full Version : Car rumbling like crazy

Kevin@nextmod
11-25-2005, 08:55 AM
Well i finally experienced winter for the first time with my car and i\'m having this problem.
As the title said when i reverse my car off the driveway and the car stops in the reverse gear (auto) the car rumbles really badly and makes a sound like i\'m in a tractor or something. And when i release the brake pedal all the way it goes away but when i press it down again it rumbles again. anyone have this problem? Never had this problem before.

MZ3Luv
11-25-2005, 09:07 AM
Iam also experiencing this problem but i can\'t seem to find the solution tho. Sry can\'t help ya. See if anyone else can help

ds2chan
11-25-2005, 11:08 AM
that sounds serious.. you should give a dealership a call and see what they say..

if you do end up going in, could u let us know what they say?? I\'d interested into hearing what could be causing this problem.. thanks..

I hope it all works out in the end..

idreamofmazda
11-25-2005, 12:24 PM
I have never liked backing up with an auto from a cold start, due to the higher revving of the engine, so that’s why I always back into my driveway.

david3
11-26-2005, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by idreamofmazda I have never liked backing up with an auto from a cold start, due to the higher revving of the engine, so that’s why I always back into my driveway.

Shouldn\'t need to rev high just to back up, esp in an automatic.

Anyways, the 3 does seem to sound like shit when its cold. I hear the proteges sound pretty horrid until they warm up too.

majic
11-28-2005, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by david3

Originally posted by idreamofmazda I have never liked backing up with an auto from a cold start, due to the higher revving of the engine, so that’s why I always back into my driveway.

Shouldn\'t need to rev high just to back up, esp in an automatic.

Anyways, the 3 does seem to sound like shit when its cold. I hear the proteges sound pretty horrid until they warm up too.

he probably revs so high b/c when cold the engine can be revving @ around 2000RPM (MT)!!!

FLIPDADY
11-28-2005, 12:09 PM
Was the car parked outside overnight? Wet rotors will cause a rumbling noise when the brakes are applied. Is it still happening?

david3
11-28-2005, 12:10 PM
He said auto. If you wait like 10 seconds it\'ll already be down below 1500rpm. How does going to reverse or 1st make a difference?