PDA

View Full Version : Lowering 3

BLKOUT
11-29-2005, 11:05 AM
I am totally clueless when it comes to lowering my 3, I was wondering if someone could tell me what I need to purchase? Do I need to buy springs as well if I purchase springs? Can I go with just coil overs? Will the drop void the warranty? What kind of price range am I looking at? Thanks in advance!

al01
11-29-2005, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by 2005BLKMAZDA3

Do I need to buy springs as well if I purchase springs?

wtf?? :sarc

you can go either way.. of course buying the springs alone will be cheaper.. but your car will be lowered both ways

i think your looking about $150+

BLKOUT
11-29-2005, 11:36 AM
if i go with the springs, will i need to purchase the shocks as well? will this void the warranty??

i also read something about a \"camber kit\", does anyone know how much that costs to buy and install??

Kevin@nextmod
11-29-2005, 12:35 PM
Prepare to be majoogled.:p

BLKOUT
11-29-2005, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by Pearl_Hatch

Prepare to be majoogled.:p

bring it on! :D

bubba1983
11-29-2005, 01:19 PM
young man, u have alot of researching to do....

use the search feature...

BLKOUT
11-29-2005, 01:26 PM
young man...lol....it appears that you are the young man.....lol.....but anyways, using the search creates way too many results and it also duplicates results, its a pain....i was looking for some guidance as to approx. pricing and the best set up to use...

Thanks young man....

majic
11-29-2005, 01:42 PM

young man...lol....it appears that you are the young man.....lol.....but anyways, using the search creates way too many results and it also duplicates results, its a pain....i was looking for some guidance as to approx. pricing and the best set up to use...

Thanks young man....

maybe you should learn how to use a search engine :sarc

\"Match all terms\" helps to narrow your searches as well as multiple words such as \"shock spring low\" or \"camber kit\"..

besides.. if you\'re a n00b to lowering then why would you want to do it w/o seeing the pros and cons of it first, instead of having someone tell you which ones to install? besides, most here will be biased to what THEY have on their rides..

it\'s like asking ... \"hey guys i want to turbo my car but i have no clue what a turbo is so umm HELP meeeeee!\" STFU, RTFM and search.. :sarc

Kevin@nextmod
11-29-2005, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by majic

Thanks young man....

\"Match all terms\" helps to narrow your searches as well as multiple words such as \"shock spring low\" or \"camber kit\"..

besides.. if you\'re a n00b to lowering then why would you want to do it w/o seeing the pros and cons of it first, instead of having someone tell you which ones to install? besides, most here will be biased to what THEY have on their rides..

it\'s like asking ... \"hey guys i want to turbo my car but i have no clue what a turbo is so umm HELP meeeeee!\" STFU, RTFM and search.. :sarc
I\'m afraid majic is right. I was like you before. Didn\'t know much. But after ALL that research and majoogling i asked around and searched quite a while and got my answers. I guess everyone have to go thru these stages.
BTW different springs have different specs. So unless you\'re confident or have experience with it none of the help we provide will help you. We can only tell you what springs are available Click Click (http://torontomazda3.com/forum/read.php?TID=1597)

BLKOUT
11-29-2005, 02:30 PM
what the heck is STFU, RTFM??

BLKOUT
11-29-2005, 02:33 PM

Thanks young man....

besides.. if you\'re a n00b to lowering then why would you want to do it w/o seeing the pros and cons of it first, instead of having someone tell you which ones to install?
besides, most here will be biased to what THEY have on their rides..

Hey majic, I think you have too much time on your hands.....searching through the forum, you have posts in everything....lol...

BLKOUT
11-29-2005, 02:36 PM
i know the pros and cons of lowering a car, but am not sure what the best set ups are...I asked the same question anyone would ask if they walked into a shop looking for springs/shocks.....

Cardinal Fang
11-29-2005, 02:36 PM

STFU = Slow Turning Funny Urchin

RTFM = Right The Farking Minute

BLKOUT
11-29-2005, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by Cardinal Fang

WHAT!! what the hell does that mean?

Kevin@nextmod
11-29-2005, 02:39 PM

Originally posted by Cardinal Fang

WHAT!! what the hell does that mean?
I think it means ignore it.

majic
11-29-2005, 02:50 PM

Hey majic, I think you have too much time on your hands.....searching through the forum, you have posts in everything....lol...

it\'s called \"active topics list\" :D

click click and i\'m on the newest post like fly on poo

anyway.. best set ups will be relative.. here\'s a hint, autoexe, bubba1983, whodilly, mazda kitten, djltoronto (and MANY others) are a few that have springs/coilover kits and they\'ve reviewed them already..

DrunknFoo
11-29-2005, 02:52 PM
I\'m sure by now you read the difference between coilovers and springs.
Here are some prices for you from Tires23.com
eibach pro kit for mazda 3 $350
Tien h-tech $250

Shops will charge about $100-120 to install or DIY or find somebody to do it for you...
Alignment goes from $50-60
The mechanic will tell you if you need the camber or not..

Keep in mind that after some time, when the springs \'set\' due to gravity and wear you may want to go for another realignment, but depending on the drop, i do not believe you\'ll need the camber.

Also, to be safe and sound, u always have the option to go with the mazdaspeed kit, IMO it\'s overpriced, but this will most likely keep ur warrenty valid if installed by mazda

I\'m still deciding on a 2\" or a 1.5\" drop, anyways hope this helps...

BLKOUT
11-29-2005, 03:06 PM
thank you majic and drunknfoo!! much appreciated!!

bubba1983
11-29-2005, 03:14 PM

Thanks young man....

majic and bubba working as one?!?!?!?!? *gasp* jimmidy jellekers batman!!!!

majic
11-29-2005, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by bubba1983

lol.. that\'s what i was thinking too :)

bubba1983
11-29-2005, 05:06 PM

Originally posted by bubba1983

lol.. that\'s what i was thinking too :)

wierd....so um....yeah....*runs away*

MAZDA Kitten
12-01-2005, 08:24 AM
GROUP HUG!!!!!!!!!!!!

mEtH
12-01-2005, 01:15 PM
UH OH!!!!

MK is bringing her rubbing to more then one thread now. :p

mazda3ride
12-30-2005, 07:08 AM
For those that have lowered their cars, how many keep their stock springs and/or shocks? Maybe a better or stupid question would be, can these parts be re-used again if you ever decide to go back to stock or sell your car?

FLIPDADY
12-30-2005, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by mazda3ride

For those that have lowered their cars, how many keep their stock springs and/or shocks? Maybe a better or stupid question would be, can these parts be re-used again if you ever decide to go back to stock or sell your car?
Stock springs are in the garage and yes you can go back to stock again if you wanted too.

BLKOUT
12-30-2005, 10:11 AM
If I go and do a 1\" drop on the front and back, do I need to purchase new shock/struts as well? If I do not change the shocks/struts after lowering the car 1\", will it wear them out a lot faster then if I did not lowere the car? Thanks in advance!

FLIPDADY
12-30-2005, 11:16 AM

If I go and do a 1\" drop on the front and back, do I need to purchase new shock/struts as well? If I do not change the shocks/struts after lowering the car 1\", will it wear them out a lot faster then if I did not lowere the car? Thanks in advance!
I wouldn\'t worry about changing the shocks/struts on a drop like that. If you\'re gonna do the suspension properly though you should change them. The factory shock/struts are tuned for the factory springs only. Adding aftermarket drop springs to the factory one\'s will give you a harsher ride.

Jeff-TheBiz
12-30-2005, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by mazda3ride

Keep em for sure, If/When you decide to trade/sell your car, the new owner will need them, especially if you decide to trade in the car. A lowered car will reduce your trade value.

Kevin@nextmod
01-02-2006, 12:40 AM
I know this guy in pacific mall that works at formula import told me Tokico will be making mazda shocks and thats all i know. :)

Caz
01-02-2006, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by TheBiz

Keep em for sure, If/When you decide to trade/sell your car, the new owner will need them, especially if you decide to trade in the car. A lowered car will reduce your trade value.

I netted a few extra bucks from Jeff on our trades (civic and integra) for including the stock springs with our cars.

So I would clean them up and keep them in the box the new springs come in.