PDA

View Full Version : Add me to the list of proud m3 owners :)

rsquared
12-22-2005, 01:18 PM
Hi everyone,

After one bad experience and some very good experiences at Mazda dealerships in the GTA, I purchased a White 2004 Mazda3 Sport GS last night! Had one owner, 37,000 km, accident free, all service records show it was maintained properly and exclusively at Mazda dealerships. Ended up paying about $20,700 OTR with the 6 yr/120,000km warranty.

Up to then, I\'d been browsing Autotrader several times a day. I also probably set a new record for most emails sent to Mazda dealerships in a one-week span! (Sorry Jeff :p )

Lessons learned:

Cheap prices = crappy cars
Rental models = crappy cars
Good customer service makes a huge difference

The good: Avante Mazda & Mazda of Toronto
The bad: Ajax Mazda

Now onto the next decision, to rustproof or not to rustproof? I was quoted the following:

$695 for (lifetime warranty) paint protection, interior protection

$695 for (lifetime warranty) rust protection, undercoat/sound shield

$1095 for for (lifetime warranty) rust protection, undercoat/sound shield, paint protection, interior protection

$1295 for (lifetime warranty) rust protection, undercoat/sound shield, paint protection, interior protection + 6-year warranty on surface rust warranty and rip, tear & burn warranty

Broli
12-22-2005, 01:20 PM
congrats on the car man!
your gonna have a blast with it!

TheProfessor
12-22-2005, 01:30 PM
Yup, congrats on the purchase!

SW20 MR2
12-22-2005, 09:43 PM
The only one of those that I ever bother with is the rust proofing, but I always get it done at FX Auto. The other ones are not necessary if you take care of your car properly.