PDA

View Full Version : High Beam not working

mazmaz
12-26-2005, 04:30 PM
OK, Hope everyone is having a great Holidays.

anyway, i took a little trip and needed to use the high beam and found out that it wasn\'t
working. However, i can still flash (pull the lever toward you), but push the lever outward does not turn on the high beam. I had the HID installed along with the indep. fog light mod done at Lockdown and was wondering by having this mod done causes me to lose the control of the high beam? Before i have the mod done, everything was working fine. Can someone who had HID and indep. fog light done at Lockdonwn verify this.
Thanks.

DeLaY_NoMoRe
12-26-2005, 05:07 PM
I have done the same mod @ Lockdown and my hi-beam works perfect.:sarc

TheProfessor
12-26-2005, 10:10 PM
Mazmaz, your best bet would be to have Jeff at Lockdown take a quick look. Either you\'re missing something (hopefully not too likely) or there is a problem.

skunk2
12-27-2005, 12:24 AM
was a relay used on the HID install?
If yes, was the parking light used to trigger the relay?
If yes, it could be that you are one more click away to actually turn the headlights on so that the high beams will work. It could be that simple, I made the same mistake when I installed my HIDs. I thought the high\'s stopped working but I didn\'t realizae that the switche needs one more click.

mazmaz
12-27-2005, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by skunk2

was a relay used on the HID install?
If yes, was the parking light used to trigger the relay?
If yes, it could be that you are one more click away to actually turn the headlights on so that the high beams will work. It could be that simple, I made the same mistake when I installed my HIDs. I thought the high\'s stopped working but I didn\'t realizae that the switche needs one more click.

You\'re right, i needed one more click. it didn\'t occurred to me at that time, but thank for your help.