PDA

View Full Version : finally got sat radio

BLKOUT
12-29-2005, 10:26 AM
I finally installed Satellite radio. I love it! I got the Sportster Replay installed at LOCKDOWN. Great service! I am waiting for the rca plugs and another attachedment to come in from the U.S. Right now it sounds like FM radio. I am hoping that once the additional parts are in place, the signal will be much clearer. Can anyone comfirm this?

TheProfessor
12-29-2005, 10:46 AM
I have only ever heard satelite radio in one car (XM in a 3) and it sounded only slightly better than FM, definately not up to CD quality sound. The music/station selection was fantastic though.

MajesticBlueNTO
12-29-2005, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by 2005BLKMAZDA3

I finally installed Satellite radio. I love it! I got the Sportster Replay installed at LOCKDOWN. Great service! I am waiting for the rca plugs and another attachedment to come in from the U.S. Right now it sounds like FM radio. I am hoping that once the additional parts are in place, the signal will be much clearer. Can anyone comfirm this?

once you get it off the FM modulator and into the RCA (i\'m guessing you\'re either gonna use the AUXMOD or the PIE adapter) it will sound far better.

the channel that approaches CD quality is Sirius Hits 1...the channel with the most bandwidth.

i hope you got a USA subscription rather than a Canadian sub ;)

BLKOUT
12-29-2005, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by MajesticBlueN

once you get it off the FM modulator and into the RCA (i\'m guessing you\'re either gonna use the AUXMOD or the PIE adapter) it will sound far better.

the channel that approaches CD quality is Sirius Hits 1...the channel with the most bandwidth.

i hope you got a USA subscription rather than a Canadian sub ;)

I just ordered the PIE adapter. I got the U.S. Sirius. Is there a big difference between the two versions?

MajesticBlueNTO
12-29-2005, 02:59 PM

I just ordered the PIE adapter. I got the U.S. Sirius. Is there a big difference between the two versions?

from a quick scan, and out of my own curiousity, here are the Sirius channels that Canada doesn\'t get but the USA does:

3 Sirius Love
24 Eclectic/Free Form
43 Backspin
50 Hot Jamz
67 Christian Rock
68 Gospel
85 Classical Voices
91 Mexicana
92 Tropical/Reggaeton
122 Sports Talk and Play-by-play
133 Fox News Channel
135 NPR Talk
136 Public Radio World
139 C-SPAN Radio
183 Korean Language Radio
144 Conservative Values
145 Conservative Talk
146 Liberal Talk
114 Healthy Living (Lime)

and both Howard Stern channels 100 and 101

* Here are the Canadian channels that the USA does get:
93 New French Language Music
94 Indie Music
95 Adult Alternative Music
137 National and International News
138 Current Affairs French

* Here are the Canadian channels that the USA does not get:

187 (French) All News Radio
186 Hardcore Sports Radio
192 (French) Canadian Soft Rock
188 Multilingual Radio
193 (French) Pop, Rock and Urban Music

Overall, the USA sub isn\'t missing much, but the Canadaian Sirius sub is missing A LOT!

lamerking
11-21-2007, 09:29 PM

Hate to bring up an old post but I didn't want to start a new one.

I have a question regarding this PIE adapter. If I get sat. radio and purchase the rca plugs and adapter and plug it into the stock head unit, can I use my Sat. button on the unit? I have an 07 M3 and would like to use the Sat. button rather than purchasing the OEM satellite unit.

The link below makes it look like you can plug it into the head unit b/c there is a seperate input for the satellite option.

Can anyone help / confirm my theory?

sicsol
11-21-2007, 11:05 PM
Where did you install the radio.

lamerking
11-22-2007, 08:03 AM
Where did you install the radio.

Haven't installed it yet but I want to know about this PIE adapter prior to doing so. I want to utilize the SAT button on the unit as much as possible.

nicker
11-22-2007, 08:43 AM
Im curious about that too, there has to be a way to connect your sirus sat to your head unit and run it via your stock head unit. At least I am hopeing so!!!

Thetoaster99
11-22-2007, 11:20 AM
from a quick scan, and out of my own curiousity, here are the Sirius channels that Canada doesn\'t get but the USA does:

3 Sirius Love
24 Eclectic/Free Form
43 Backspin
50 Hot Jamz
67 Christian Rock
68 Gospel
85 Classical Voices
91 Mexicana
92 Tropical/Reggaeton
122 Sports Talk and Play-by-play
133 Fox News Channel
135 NPR Talk
136 Public Radio World
139 C-SPAN Radio
183 Korean Language Radio
144 Conservative Values
145 Conservative Talk
146 Liberal Talk
114 Healthy Living (Lime)

and both Howard Stern channels 100 and 101

* Here are the Canadian channels that the USA does get:
93 New French Language Music
94 Indie Music
95 Adult Alternative Music
137 National and International News
138 Current Affairs French

* Here are the Canadian channels that the USA does not get:

187 (French) All News Radio
186 Hardcore Sports Radio
192 (French) Canadian Soft Rock
188 Multilingual Radio
193 (French) Pop, Rock and Urban Music

Overall, the USA sub isn\'t missing much, but the Canadaian Sirius sub is missing A LOT!

I thought we got the howard stations?? Where is it that shows we dont? That was one of the main reasons I was going to get it..

Thanks

nicker
11-22-2007, 11:45 AM
Yes we can howard on 100 and 101

selective sound
11-22-2007, 12:39 PM
In order to use the sat button you would have to buy the mazda sat. receiver.

lamerking
11-22-2007, 05:09 PM
In order to use the sat button you would have to buy the mazda sat. receiver.

I guess I forgot to post of link of the PIE adapter that got my curiousity.

http://www.logjamelectronics.com/pie35rca6mm.html

If you look like what the PIE adapter is connected to, its another OEM unit.

Even though the SAT button might work, what about pushing the CD button twice?

MajesticBlueNTO
11-22-2007, 08:39 PM
I thought we got the howard stations?? Where is it that shows we dont? That was one of the main reasons I was going to get it..

Thanks

when Sirius Canada first came out (note the post was from 2005), Howard 100 and 101 weren't included.

enough potential customers spoke out and they eventually included it months later.

lamerking
11-23-2007, 06:21 PM
I guess I forgot to post of link of the PIE adapter that got my curiousity.

http://www.logjamelectronics.com/pie35rca6mm.html

If you look like what the PIE adapter is connected to, its another OEM unit.

Even though the SAT button might work, what about pushing the CD button twice?

I just bought satellite unit. Anyone can help with the above?