PDA

View Full Version : Washer fluid drool on Sport GT

Redhouse
12-29-2005, 01:23 PM
Hi,
I\'ve had this problem since I got the car. When I spritz the rear washer fluid some of it hits the inside of the spoiler and drools down on the window. That on its own isn\'t a problem, but because there is a void in the spoiler some fluid sticks to the walls of the spoilers interior and drools out 10-20s after i\'ve done the wipe on the window. Doing that gives streaks often, especially in winter and I want to remedy it. I wasn\'t able to re-angle the nozzle with a pin or my finger though.

Does anyone have a solution for this one?

also, I went to airport mazda dealership one day in the summer regarding this, and they spent about 30min trying to \'fix\' it to no avail. When the tech came out and said they couldn\'t figure out what to do I asked him to simply show me if a stock Sport GT had the same issue, and it did. So i\'m thinking it might be a design oversight with that cavity in the spoiler, but any help is appreciated.

bluntman
12-29-2005, 03:19 PM
You may be able to move the nozel by using a pin, I know I was able to do this on my previous car. I don\'t seem to have that problem on my hatch.

FLIPDADY
12-29-2005, 03:24 PM
I\'ll have to check my car but I never noticed a drool problem like this before.:p

TheProfessor
12-29-2005, 04:35 PM
\"drool\"......that\'s cracking me up for some reason :D

I\'ve also never noticed this problem, but I haven\'t paid too much attention to be honest.

Zaku_4
12-30-2005, 12:59 AM
yeah this problem sucks ass

noticed it sionce the beginning, not really bothere dby it now... ll

Broli
12-30-2005, 11:08 PM
i haven\'t noticed the problem,
i will check on it
tommorow!

billyfo
12-31-2005, 10:17 AM
for 2 yrs of driving the 2, never noticed this problem:p

yeah I\'ll check it, too.

DrunknFoo
01-02-2006, 11:53 PM
Ya I have this problem as well, It bugged me at first for a good week, I learned to ignore it while driving. It\'d be stupid of me to get into an accident while I stare at my rearview looking at the drool

Broli
01-03-2006, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by Broli

i haven\'t noticed the problem,
i will check on it
tommorow!

it doesn\'t seem to be happening to me!!!

don\'t know what to say

Redhouse
01-03-2006, 06:09 PM
Thanks for the replys.
I haven\'t been able to re-angle that nozzle but I also didn\'t take off the spoiler so it\'s difficult to get in there.
I\'m going to have to take another stab at fixing this soon, it\'s quite annoying.

Iceman_F1
07-30-2008, 07:44 AM
Bringing back from the dead...has anyone solved this or know a way? Just like Redhouse, I haven't been able to re-angle and I get the same problem.

bunchi
07-30-2008, 08:58 AM
have you tried the pin technique? sometimes it's hard to adjust the nozzle with the pin but keep trying

Iceman_F1
07-30-2008, 09:00 AM
Yeah, I saw this post about a month ago and I tried adjusting it with a pin...either I completely missed or I did move it but still didn't help...

bunchi
07-30-2008, 09:16 AM
maybe you didn't move it enough to alter the direction of the fluid... also hard to get in there with the rear spoiler on... just give it a try.. or complain in the dealership the next time you're there :chuckle

Iceman_F1
07-30-2008, 09:23 AM
Yeah, I'm thinking if no one has another way except for the pin, to just complain to the dealer...I can put up with it till my next service, specially since I'm going to do 1000KM+ this weekend XD

Just annoying that some people have no problems, others do...and that line there annoys me...

whiteomega
08-02-2008, 09:33 AM
I actually have the same drool problem; i just decided to put up with it. If you do find a solution though, let me know..

WeatherB
08-03-2008, 01:05 AM
I don't think re-angling the nozzle will help. Part of this is caused by residual fluid in the hose actually getting pushed out during acceleration.