PDA

View Full Version : Whitby Mazda - Mini Review

DrunknFoo
01-02-2006, 11:46 PM
It\'s been a month and a week and close to 2600kms since I purchased my 06 Winning Blue HB from Whitby Mazda and here is a little review of the facilities and customer service.

1) When I first walked into Whitby Mazda I was greeted quite warmly, while negotiating with the salesman (Paulo), quite nice and didn\'t really try to pressure me with throwing in anything extra that I didn\'t want. Negotiations went quite smoothly and I left the dealership with a smile.

2) Financing Manager, (Joe). Funny individual, straight to the point and professional.

3) Car arrived 5 days after I walked into the dealership! :) Along side with Paulo, we checked to make sure all the functions and fluid levels were working correctly. Didn\'t see any issues. (even the trip comp bug seemed to have been fixed).

4) 1000kms later, No problems with the car, transmission still smooth, no chips in paint/windshield. Came in for one of my free oil changes. No hassles. Got the oil and filter change done within 20-25mins. They topped up my fluid levels, washed the engine bay and washed my car. (even though it was raining, I didn\'t mind :) )

5) They reminded me that since I had dropped the car (tein h-techs), in about a year or so, that I might need to change the stock shocks. Although I already knew that, it was nice of them to point it out and remind me (for those who might not know...)

Overall I am quite satisfied with Whitby Mazda, I\'ll keep you guys posted about my seconds thoughts after I go in for my 2nd oil change.

Caz
01-03-2006, 01:30 PM
That is funny how you said they greeted you right away.

I have visited this dealership about 3 times and was never once apporched by sales staff. I didn\'t mind so much when I was just window shopping but we were interested in buying it was a different story.

My wife and I waited for about 8-10 min. right beside the front desk before the girl sitting there asked if we needed a hand, I could see she was playing cards on the computer and didn\'t want us to interupt her game.

After waiting a few more minutes we were finally given some help by a sales person. He was a very nice guy, however, his knowledge of the 3 and the 6 was very limited. He had no clue what was offered in each trim level of the respected models. We had to tell him what options came with each car. Not a good feeling when you have to tell the sales person what you get and don\'t get with a $30,000 purchase.

We drove the 3 and the 6 and sat down with him to talk pricing for each car. We were in the market for 2 new cars. He had to leave his desk and go to another office to get us pricing. When he came back with the price he only had a monthly payment for us. I worked out what the total price of the car was, it came out to more than what Mazda.ca had listed for same car. WTF. He had to leave us sitting there to go get pricing? We weren\'t even trying to start a deal yet and he was trying to rush us into writing something up. I could see they weren\'t going to come down much in price if they were going to give us a price higher than MSRP to start with. I also found the sales area was very cramped and I felt like I was making a deal with all the other people in there watching and listening. When we were waiting for the sales person to come back we could hear the people next to us get pressured into buying a car that wasn\'t exactly what they wanted cause they had it on the lot. We couldn\'t get out of there fast enough.

The next day my wife called Jeff at Avante and he gave us a price over the phone that was much less than what Whitby was offering.

Overall I was extremely disappointed with Whitby Mazda. I live very close to Whitby Mazda (less than 5 km)and will not set foot in the dealership again. They may have a good service department, who knows? I will never find out. I believe customer service starts when you walk in the door. That is why we drove all the way to Richmond Hill to Avante. I will do the same for all service.

My neighbour had the same experience at Whitby Mazda and ended up dealing with Avante as well.

I am not saying you didn\'t get great service, I believe you did. I just thought I would share my experience.