PDA

View Full Version : GFX sporty bumber - Question for Joe

jdanielsg
01-03-2006, 12:45 PM
Joe,
I have the GT w/o the GFX, which means no side skirts etc n no sport bumper... If Install the sporty bumber, u know the one with the sport fogs.. do I have to get the side skirts as well? LIke is it longer to accomodate the skirts etc... do you have the part number? my color is carbon grey mica. Thanks

FLIPDADY
01-03-2006, 01:25 PM
The GFX bumper is lower than the regular bumper so it lines up with the side skirts. If you were to do the swap then I would reccomend you do the whole package. Your other option is to get the Kenstyle kit that someone is selling in the Buy/Sell section.

bubba1983
01-03-2006, 01:48 PM
OR....8 hours remaining

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005-Mazda-3-Sedan-OEM-Side-Air-Dam-Skirts-New_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ36475QQitemZ8025775 859QQrdZ1

bubba1983
01-03-2006, 11:26 PM
did u win that ebay sale?

TheProfessor
01-04-2006, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by bubba1983

did u win that ebay sale?

It appears as though he was the highest bidder, however the sellers reserve price was not met.

jdanielsg
01-04-2006, 10:27 AM
yeah, i am not going to buy for so much then have to pay taxes n shipping AND PAINT it, it will work out only to be slightly cheaper than me buying new ones...

jdanielsg
01-07-2006, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by bubba1983

OR....8 hours remaining

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005-Mazda-3-Sedan-OEM-Side-Air-Dam-Skirts-New_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ36475QQitemZ8025775 859QQrdZ1

the guy emailed me with a 2nd chance offer so its mine for 227 USD :) So Joe or anyone else knowledagle.. I have a GT w/o GFX, so If I change my bumpers to GFX bumpers front and back, this would fit fine?

Thanks

FLIPDADY
01-07-2006, 12:58 PM
Yes it will fit. Both the GFX and non-GFX bumpers use the same mounting brackets.

jdanielsg
01-07-2006, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by FLIPSPEED

Yes it will fit. Both the GFX and non-GFX bumpers use the same mounting brackets.

ok so these r the same side air dams that come with the car had i bought it with the GFX package is that right?

btw just so i know if i get those.. what is the proper way the body shop should prep these before re spray?

dr_sarcasm
01-10-2006, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by jdanielsg
Originally posted by FLIPSPEED Yes it will fit. Both the GFX and non-GFX bumpers use the same mounting brackets. ok so these r the same side air dams that come with the car had i bought it with the GFX package is that right? btw just so i know if i get those.. what is the proper way the body shop should prep these before re spray?

body shop should know what to do, but normally they would need to strip the old paint off, lightly sand prep, primer, paint and clearcoat.

if you really want to save yourself some cash at the bosy shop, you can strip the color off these yourself and do the sanding as well as the primer, then you just drop them off and get them painted and clearcoat (unless you have a spray booth in your garage)

dr_\"brake fluid is the cheapest and quickest way to strip paint from old parts\"_sarcasm

Junior
01-10-2006, 06:10 PM
yup. brake fluid is the best stuff to use to strip paint.

;) i\'ve used it myself for a few things.

jdanielsg
01-10-2006, 10:20 PM
thanks for the info, cant do anything myself coz of where I live, but now that I know what needs to be done I can make sure the shop does it.. now to wait n see what happens with the insurers.

qmeister
05-02-2006, 03:03 PM
Hi there,

From reading all the above posts, I\'m gathering that it\'s possible to essentially make the GS exterior into a GFX exterior (front bumper w/ fogs, side sill extensions)...just curious how much this mod would be and is it a pretty easy install?

q.

FLIPDADY
05-02-2006, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by qmeister

Hi there,

From reading all the above posts, I\'m gathering that it\'s possible to essentially make the GS exterior into a GFX exterior (front bumper w/ fogs, side sill extensions)...just curious how much this mod would be and is it a pretty easy install?

q.
Hey q, so you want to do a GFX conversion?

You\'re looking at $2400.00 taxes in for parts only.

You need to get the front bumper and rear bumper painted.

qmeister
05-02-2006, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by FLIPSPEED

Originally posted by qmeister

Hi there,

q.
Hey q, so you want to do a GFX conversion?

You\'re looking at $2400.00 taxes in for parts only.

You need to get the front bumper and rear bumper painted.

Ouch...just curious, thanks but wow, that\'s quite the steep conversion...they weren\'t kidding when they said going with the GT/GFX was a bargain, considering you get the engine AND the exterior...

anyway, thanks for the answere and hope everyone\'s enjoying the sunshine!
q.

FLIPDADY
05-03-2006, 07:40 AM
Didn\'t you get the GFX grille?

qmeister
05-05-2006, 03:44 PM
Hey there FLispeed...

yeah, I got the GFX grille and had it installed a few days ago when I was down to have my license plates put in...That\'s more or less the big thing I wanted done...I find the rest of the body kit kinda subtle, but nice when it\'s there...

Anyone have any tips on keeping a black mica shiny? I\'m trying to resist this urge to wash it every few days...so purdy when she shines though...

q.