PDA

View Full Version : Add Fog Lamps

akherad
01-09-2006, 11:35 AM
I want to add Fog laps to my GS Sedan. how much does it cost? Do you recommend it or not? Pls let me know what do you think about it.

Thx.:)

TheProfessor
01-09-2006, 11:42 AM
Do you want to add factory style fogs or just some generic ones?

FLIPDADY
01-09-2006, 11:42 AM
Continue discussion here.

Moved

akherad
01-09-2006, 01:34 PM
I\'d love to add Factory Style. But I have no idea if there are after market fog lamps for M3. If they do, then I may consider the mas well.;)

KenYork
01-21-2006, 05:53 AM
anyone have gereric fogs on their car?

pics pls

bluntman
01-21-2006, 07:51 AM
I think someone on M3F installed a set made for the Mazda3 that they bought from eBay. IIRC, everything lined up properly at installation and works well.

McGuyver_3
03-21-2006, 11:01 PM
i purchased the generic fog lamps off ebay. If you are lucky and you have a dummy switch for the foglights on your light switch that means the car has all of the necesary wiring for the fogs. But if not and unlucky like me :( you have to use the aftermarket wiring harness that comes with the generic fogs. I did go to the dealer and ask them how much it would cost to get the real mazda switch to work. They informed me that i would have to pay 375$CDN plus tax for the regular switch to work because they would sell you the whole package and they dont sell seperate parts. Since i only paid 80 CDN in total for my generic ones i simply installed them

FLIPDADY
03-22-2006, 09:55 AM
The problem with the aftermarket kits is the fact that you don\'t get the factory combination switch that replaces the exsisting headlight switch.

If you can make it work I have a set of foglamps off of a GT sedan at home.

akherad
03-22-2006, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by FLIPSPEED

The problem with the aftermarket kits is the fact that you don\'t get the factory combination switch that replaces the exsisting headlight switch.

If you can make it work I have a set of foglamps off of a GT sedan at home.

I\'m basically looking for a standard (not aftermarket) fog lamps.

FLIPDADY
03-22-2006, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by akherad

I\'m basically looking for a standard (not aftermarket) fog lamps.
I have a kit in stock TM3 price $337.32 taxes included with all instructions and proper switch.

miggiddy
03-28-2006, 05:32 PM
Hey Flip, how much to replace my driver side fog light or just the glass if possible? I have the non GFX fogs.
Thanks.

3 Stylez
03-28-2006, 10:43 PM
I got the factory ones off ebay for $70. The only differance is that i have an independant switch to turn them on and off.

FLIPDADY
03-29-2006, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by miggiddy

Hey Flip, how much to replace my driver side fog light or just the glass if possible? I have the non GFX fogs.
Thanks.
Is it just the lamp that\'s busted? If that\'s the case then the fog lamp lens/housing is $188.15 taxes in.

miggiddy
03-29-2006, 10:50 AM

Thanks.
Is it just the lamp that\'s busted? If that\'s the case then the fog lamp lens/housing is $188.15 taxes in.

A rock or something put what looks like a small bullet like hole thru the lens. You can see the chipped lens particles inside. I\'ve plugged it with silicon to keep the water out. The bulb and reflector look fine. Is it possible to replace just the lens?

Sorry about the thread hijack.

Thanks

FLIPDADY
03-29-2006, 10:59 AM

A rock or something put what looks like a small bullet like hole thru the lens. You can see the chipped lens particles inside. I\'ve plugged it with silicon to keep the water out. The bulb and reflector look fine. Is it possible to replace just the lens?

Thanks
You have to buy that plastic bezel around the lamp too. I have a set of GFX fogs at home if you can somehow make them work you can have them for $50 for the pair.

miggiddy
03-29-2006, 11:06 AM

Thanks
You have to buy that plastic bezel around the lamp too. I have a set of GFX fogs at home if you can somehow make them work you can have them for $50 for the pair.

PM sent