PDA

View Full Version : Dave Wood Mazda

BETRTHNU
01-10-2006, 04:47 PM
Went up there with a problem to my MAFS. Car had started stalling, with my rpm\'s jumping like crazy. Car felt sluggish, and definitly had lost some power. The dealership itself is huge, and is the flagship store of how all Mazda dealerships will become. Their Sales area is huge and the sales team were more than happy to answer any questions I had about the new models, even though they knew I had already bought a mazda 3 not long ago. Even offered to let me take out the new mazdaspeed 6! A friend of mine (mechanic) had recommended them, as I told him I had problems with Gyro Mazda and their lack of customer service and overcharging. His contact there was Eric, who is by far the best service advisor I have ever had the pleasure to deal with. Got my car in there fast as he knew I was taking some time off work to get this done. He answered all of my parts and service questions, had the sensor replaced under warrenty, as well as the splash guard that was cracked due to Gyro Mazda\'s idiot techs, who wanted to charge me $125 for the replacement...for a part they ****ed up! He even gave me the lowdown on the mazdaspeed 6 race car they have sitting in a service bay...car had a full roll cage and looked sick. This shop is race friendly and didn\'t seem to have a problem with my AEM intake being installed. They even sponsor a race team. http://www.davewoodmazda.com (check out the racing link) Eric was very cool and helpful and made the whole experience awesome. Even threw in a Mazda watch because of all the horror stories I told him about Gyro Mazda, and because I told him about this site. Dave Wood Mazda is a litlle out of my way as they are just past Aurora and I live in East York, but I will 100% be going back to them with all my service needs as they really showed me that they appreciate my business. Thats how all dealerships should opperate. They really gained my trust, and business with their professional and friendly manner.

thekid
01-12-2006, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by BETRTHNU
He even gave me the lowdown on the mazdaspeed 6 race car they have sitting in a service bay...car had a full roll cage and looked sick. This shop is race friendly and didn\'t seem to have a problem with my AEM intake being installed. They even sponsor a race team. http://www.davewoodmazda.com (check out the racing link).

the mazda 6 race car they\'re buildign is pretty sweet... te he... the red racing p5 you see when you follow the racing link is mine now... but they do continue to support it!

as for Eric, Cecily, and especially Kevin... they are all phenomenal people to deal with and always take care of your needs every visit.... there is a reason over have the Protege club drive up to Newmarket for service!

Thumbs-up!!

TheProfessor
01-12-2006, 12:05 PM

Went up there with a problem to my MAFS. Car had started stalling, with my rpm\'s jumping like crazy. Car felt sluggish, and definitly had lost some power. The dealership itself is huge, and is the flagship store of how all Mazda dealerships will become. Their Sales area is huge and the sales team were more than happy to answer any questions I had about the new models, even though they knew I had already bought a mazda 3 not long ago. Even offered to let me take out the new mazdaspeed 6! A friend of mine (mechanic) had recommended them, as I told him I had problems with Gyro Mazda and their lack of customer service and overcharging. His contact there was Eric, who is by far the best service advisor I have ever had the pleasure to deal with. Got my car in there fast as he knew I was taking some time off work to get this done. He answered all of my parts and service questions, had the sensor replaced under warrenty, as well as the splash guard that was cracked due to Gyro Mazda\'s idiot techs, who wanted to charge me $125 for the replacement...for a part they ****ed up! He even gave me the lowdown on the mazdaspeed 6 race car they have sitting in a service bay...car had a full roll cage and looked sick. This shop is race friendly and didn\'t seem to have a problem with my AEM intake being installed. They even sponsor a race team. http://www.davewoodmazda.com (check out the racing link) Eric was very cool and helpful and made the whole experience awesome. Even threw in a Mazda watch because of all the horror stories I told him about Gyro Mazda, and because I told him about this site. Dave Wood Mazda is a litlle out of my way as they are just past Aurora and I live in East York, but I will 100% be going back to them with all my service needs as they really showed me that they appreciate my business. Thats how all dealerships should opperate. They really gained my trust, and business with their professional and friendly manner.

So what did they do about fixing your car that the intake screwed up?

SABIO
01-12-2006, 12:48 PM
Boy... Did they pull the wool over your eyes

This should have been posted in the First DWM thread... On How Much THEY SUK!!!!!!

BETRTHNU
01-12-2006, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by PSIVIC

What intake? I don\'t know what you talking about fool... :p

majic
01-12-2006, 12:56 PM

What intake? I don\'t know what you talking about fool... :p

TheProfessor
01-12-2006, 01:54 PM
Ah, not sure how I missed that in the giant paragraph :sarc :p

I hope that DWM knew about the instake though and were just doing a good gesture cause they do have employee\'s on this board who could read that the intake was to blame and not a factory defect.

BETRTHNU
01-12-2006, 02:27 PM

Ah, not sure how I missed that in the giant paragraph :sarc :p

I hope that DWM knew about the instake though and were just doing a good gesture cause they do have employee\'s on this board who could read that the intake was to blame and not a factory defect.

It was a factory defect...as I was having issues with the MAFS when I brought the car into Gyro Mazda for service, they documented the problem, had some tech spray some cleaner on it and sent me on my merry way...then when I put the intake on I just happened that the MAFS crapped out. Not due to the intake, as it wasn\'t the same broken wire issue that some people with intakes have...I\'m sure also that DWM was doing a really good gesture as I was quite upset that it wasn\'t handled and replaced by Gyro when I made it known to them in the past and get it replaced under warrenty. Gyro would have probably asked me to pay for it because of the intake, even though my stock airbox had the same problem...Idiots! All in all DWM went above and beyond in terms of customer service and gained a new client because of their understanding great customer service.

TheProfessor
01-12-2006, 02:52 PM
Cool. Nice new sig BTW ;)

BETRTHNU
01-12-2006, 04:37 PM

Thank you sir. Where is yours?

TheProfessor
01-12-2006, 05:59 PM

Thank you sir. Where is yours?

I know, I\'ve been meaning to make one with one of the many pics of our two MZ3\'s, but what can I say, I\'m lazy!

Junior
01-12-2006, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by SABIO

This should have been posted in the First DWM thread... On How Much THEY SUK!!!!!!

:sarc ...funny how good service outnumber bad service at DWM 100-1

BETRTHNU
01-15-2006, 03:31 AM
Originally posted by Junior

Originally posted by SABIO

:sarc ...funny how good service outnumber bad service at DWM 100-1

hey to each his own...people could say that about me with Gyro mazda...they started out ok...but then...ass

BETRTHNU
03-04-2006, 08:05 PM
So I went up again to Dave Wood Mazda to get an oil change and have them look at my brakes as they are starting to squeek at 31000km...I had the pleasure of dealing with Cecily who\'s a service advisor there. I had Paul the mechanic take a look at my brake pads, rotors and do an oil change. Paul came back from driving the car and said the rotors were glazed...guess when I drive fast, I have to break fast too. :p Either way Paul took the wheels off and cleaned ALOT of break dust off...squeek seems to have gone away for now, but I know I\'ll have to pay up pretty soon to get the rotors machined, or I\'ll just buy the crossdrilled and slotted rotors. Oil change was done really fast and car was out to me in a short period of time. I also bought a front liscence plate holder as some yahoo took mine almost clean off in a parking lot hit and run. :( The parts guy who\'s name just slipped my mind was awesome and gave me a good price on it as I was part of TM3. Cecily let me know that they couldn\'t change my rotors or have them machined under warrenty as my car was past the 20000km warrenty for brakes. That kind of p!ssed me off because I had told Gyro Mazda about that problem at 15000km and they told me it was because it was cold outside and that its normal. :sarc Well it was August and 23 deg. when it first started. Again another reason why I will never go back to Gyro Mazda ever. Nevertheless Cecily was very awesome(and a lot easier on the eyes that Eric, sorry dude. :p) even though it was a zoo in there today, lots of cars in and out....and I was about 20 mins late. Met another TM3 member there ZoomZoomBoom, great to meet you bro, hope you like your AEM CAI...Another great experience at Dave Wood Mazda!

SABIO
03-04-2006, 08:22 PM
Banging head against wall Why..Why WHY!!!????

I didn\'t know TSB\'s had Mileage limits??

If you had 19,000km on your car. She would have told you the brakes had a 15K warrenty limit.

Just like engine break-in is 5000km... no wait it\'s 10,000km.. Are you still getting crap gas mileage Mr.Amberg.. Oh well.. It\'s normal

Edit. Paul is Kewl. Had many a beer with him after work... He is a good mechanic. Good Mechanics in a Bad service Dept. And you have good service depts. with bad mechanics....

Catch 22.....

midnightfxgt
03-05-2006, 03:02 PM
I got a post in here about how great my experience with them was. I drove all the way from Pickering, and would do it again with a smile on my face.

Gotta agree with Junior... There are a TON of posts praising DWM on here and TOP... wonder why? GREAT SERVICE. Seems like your a one off Sabio, everyone else is singing praise about them :P

-John

SABIO
03-05-2006, 03:40 PM
I also thought they were good. Until I actually had something up with my car.
But I guess how hard is it to screw up an oil change.
I think Dave Woods involvement in the Tuner arena blinds people to the fact they suk. *Oh, they are so kewl..they mod and race cars.....They support the community..blah blah....We had a TOP Meet there*

Nope.. 2 guys and a chick behind the counter who don\'t really care.

I\'m just happy that I have Prevented 3 people from going to DWM to purchase New vehicles.
2 of them actually were going to buy at DWM (deposit in hand)... Glad I told them to go somewhere else.
And I will continue to do so.
So I hope Dave is happy his Service Dept. Lost him two sales, a 5 and a 6 wagon. And will continue to do so when people ask me where I got my 3... I will tell them exactly where NOT to go.

midnightfxgt
03-05-2006, 05:57 PM
Well good word of mouth has gotten me there, and more, so I guess they\'re doing OK. The people behind the counter were awsome for me and were SUPER curtious, and nice. Not too mention the discount they gave was great.

I suppose the few people you have stopped compared to the MANY that go shows something. I dont think the race cars and the \"Tuner Scene\" scenario you mentioned play much part. Hell, it played NO part in mine. Although looking around was cool, that doesnt mean much when I review a service center.

-john