PDA

View Full Version : I got myself mazda3 Today!

redmodel
01-14-2006, 05:16 AM
Hey There!

I picked up the 06 Sport GT today, and it\'s quite the nice car!

Anyhow, I got the Artic White colour. I just don\'t know, but the white looks great with this car. Also got the Moonroof.

Along with accessories, I got pretty much the common things: all weather mats, wheel locks, cargo tray, stripe plate. BUT, I also got the Fuel Door Filler... although to my surprise, it is more of a darker grey matte finish look to it, instead of shiny silver. That\'s good though because I also got:

17\" Enkei Evo6 Gunmetal Rims and Nokian RSI winter tires. I put the Nokian\'s on the stock 17\" rims, and I have my all seasons on the Enkeis now. I\'ll use the all season for a couple of years before I buy summer tires. Might as well get use for them, as I won\'t get much money for it.

I got the see the car with the Enkei Evo6 on at the tire shop. and I am so glad that I picked those wheels.. A white Sport GT with gunmetal rims look great!!! And now the Gas Filler door even matches colours with the rims. I can\'t wait to put them on in the summer.

Alright, my story to getting the Mazda3 :)

Life before the Mazda3. We have two cars, a 1990 Honda Civic CX, and a 1986 Pontiac Fiero 2M6.

The Civic is dying. It\'s been a long slow death for the civic. The fiero is probably one of the most impratical cars to own. 2 seats, rear engine, almost no trunk space, and only driven in the summer.

The original plan was to get rid of the Fiero, and buy a used car, Probably a Vibe, and replace the Civic in the summer with 94 BMW 3-Series in the summer time.

The only problem is that my girlfriend, and myself love the Fiero to death. It\'s a 20 year old car that still drives like its new, and just fun to drive. The civic had to go.

We decided to keep the Fiero, and just replace the Civic. My girlfriend wanted a Vibe. I didn\'t. I really didn\'t want a vibe. I also didn\'t want to buy another civic. I swear, I am so sick of civics. Everyone has one, insurance is always at an insane rate for it, and I just didn\'t want to deal with someone breaking into it every other week.

I told my girlfriend about the Mazda3 Sport, and she didn\'t know what car I was talking about it. After showing her some photos, and getting her to talk to other people on what the thought about the car, and making her test drive one. She agreed, that it was a car to get.

Then the colour, we argued for a few days about the colour. She didn\'t want the white colour, and she didn\'t understand why i wanted the white one since I am not into white cars myself. But, after seeing all the other colours, we both really like the white. It seems to make the car look bigger, and it\'s so bright at night.

So that\'s it really, I am just glad to finally leave the civic, and I\'ll be migrating myself to this forum from the torontocivics.com forum.

So that\'s about it.

I\'m going to Krown tomorrow to rustproof, and FX auto on Tuesday to get the clear bra on.

Just a couple of quirks... I\'m really glad that the tail lights are LED, but none of the other lights in the back are :(. Well, that\'s what it seems at first glance. I didn\'t really take a long look at it.

The antenna is just too long and awkward. I\'d like to get stubby one for it.

I\'ll be investing into a CAI and getting that USB MP3 adapter as well.

One question, is there a difference (besides the filter) on a $50us CAI and a $200us CAI by AEM or K&N? That\'s what I am seeing on Ebay.

bluntman
01-14-2006, 05:56 AM
Originally posted by redmodel

One question, is there a difference (besides the filter) on a $50us CAI and a $200us CAI by AEM or K&N? That\'s what I am seeing on Ebay.

Welcome to the family!

The big difference is the testing and engineering that went into producing the CAI. The name brand manufacturers (AEM, K&N, Injen) made their CAIs from the ground up, the no-names just copied their designs and slapped on a generic cotton gauze filter. That\'s not to say that they aren\'t any good, some members are using these copies and they haven\'t reported any problems with them.

TheProfessor
01-14-2006, 09:30 AM
Welcome to the club!

Cardinal Fang
01-14-2006, 10:18 AM
Congrats on your new purchase!

You got it in white too! Wow! That\'s a colour you don\'t see too often.

:D

Welcome to the board.

SourcE
01-14-2006, 11:10 AM
Congrats and welcome.....

MAZDA Kitten
01-14-2006, 04:28 PM
Congrats on the new car :D
Just curious what made you get the Artic White over the Pearl White as seeing the white is a very popular colour this year and I\'ve only see Pearl Whites

billyfo
01-14-2006, 04:41 PM
welcome to the club:)

TheProfessor
01-14-2006, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by MAZDA Kitten

Congrats on the new car :D
Just curious what made you get the Artic White over the Pearl White as seeing the white is a very popular colour this year and I\'ve only see Pearl Whites

Truth be told MK I think I like the AW better!

redmodel
01-14-2006, 07:40 PM
Hi Guys,

Thanks for all the greetings :)

To answer why I took the artic white over the Pearl White [and I really wouldn\'t have mind a pearl white, but I didn\'t see it person] was the fact I didn\'t want to deal with pieces that have to get re-painted and not matching the original pearl paint job, and when I have to do touch up paint myself, it would definitely stick out a lot more than the Artic White.

So, in other words, just too much to deal with, plus adding more the constant paranoia of driving a new car [it\'s my first new car].

Either way, I have no regrets with the Artic White, The colour just makes the car glow :).

take care.

bubba1983
01-14-2006, 09:43 PM
welkomme....

let the modding begin!!

wtom
01-15-2006, 02:25 AM
Thanks for the background, redmodel, and welcome to the club! So why redmodel and not whitemodel? ;)

Whos ur dadd
01-15-2006, 12:01 PM
Welcome! Wish all noobs would give some sorta introduction like this when they joined!

chaser
01-15-2006, 03:53 PM
Welcome to the club and enjoy your stay :)

Broli
01-16-2006, 01:04 AM
welcome to the club man!
another white car to deal with,
don\'t let the other trouble makers in white
lead u astray!

and congrats ont he car, i know you will love it!

iconicrocket
01-16-2006, 10:42 AM
Welcome to the club.

From your alias, I was under the impression that you were going to get a \"red model\". To my surprise you decided on a white colour. lol.

Enjoy your ride.

Caz
01-16-2006, 11:06 AM
Welcome to the forum.
Another converted civic owner.
Congrats and enjoy the car.

akherad
01-16-2006, 11:41 AM
Congratulations and welcome. :) enjoy your new car.
:D
And let me remind you, don\'t forget to use search before asking questions. If you don\'t search and ask a question that had been answered before somewhere in the forum, then you may be \"majoogled\" or \"fangoogled\". :D

Broli
01-16-2006, 12:12 PM
i don\'t know about Fangoogling
unless u mean
he won\'t look up anything but he will alert majic
by making a funny comment

:P

SIM SIMMA
01-16-2006, 01:34 PM
Congrats on your purchase... you won\'t regret it...

welcome to the ever growing family of white 3s :D

Cardinal Fang
01-16-2006, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by Broli

i don\'t know about Fangoogling
unless u mean
he won\'t look up anything but he will alert majic
by making a funny comment

:P

majic, Broli\'s making fun of me again.

Broli
01-16-2006, 01:57 PM